Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 01:51   #136
BHPian

Looks cool the new design, I am driving Wagon-R past 6 years, so I suggest Maruti needs to improve on clutch/gear smoothness.....most of the times I had problem to setup the right setting. Seat should be little bigger (bucket seats). anytime....Wagon-R is VFM....

how about diesel variant in Wagon-R and priced cheaper than Ritz...
Old 26th March 2010, 09:37   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
how about diesel variant in Wagon-R
I think, chassis and suspension of existing WagonR will not take the increased load of a diesel engine. As of now, with just 4 adults, it bottoms out on every bump. To accommodate diesel they will have to spend on body/chassis overhaul too.

-BJ
Old 26th March 2010, 09:43   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
As of now, with just 4 adults, it bottoms out on every bump.
-BJ
With full passenger load which car wouldn't? Unless we are referring to SUVs and MUVs!!!
Old 26th March 2010, 10:14   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Why did Maruti have to ruin the new design by redesigning the front?. The Japanese version looks cool and all they had to do was build it here.
I believe that has got something to do with the engine. In the Japanese market the WagonR gets a 600 odd cc motor, while here it should be at least a 1 litre engine. They probably did it to shoehorn the engine.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:35   #140

Great Job Man, this definitely is a face lift for the Wagon-R.

I likee the front and roofrails.
Old 26th March 2010, 21:58   #141
Senior - BHPian

Came across this news from ACI website.

Source : New Wagon R gets K-series engine | Autocar India

Article :

Quote:
Here are some spy images of the new Maruti Suzuki Wagon R that will replace the existing car in April this year. The third generation Wagon R will be powered by the latest 1-litre K-series engine.

Under the skin this car is all-new. It has a stiffer chassis which should improve the ride and handling over the current car. Tailored blanks are used all over and these specially treated, sandwiched and layered pieces of steel help provide stiffness without adding wasteful bulk.

On the outside, the styling has rounded out the square edges of the car, particularly at the front end. This give the car more than just a technical look - it gives the front end a 'smiley' look similar to the Estilo. The slot-type front grille is now a bigger one-piece, shield type design. The car also gets a wider chin that looks to have been re-designed to increase air flow to the engine.

The interiors have improved and now sport dual tone interiors with alluminum touches all around. The steering wheel is borrowed from the Swift and it also gets a new-look rectangular centre console.

Maruti hasn’t messed around with the car’s strength; the tall roofline, high seats and ‘spacious for a hatchback’ interiors promise to keep this car on the top of the charts.
1) If the above news is true, then where will Estilo go ? Forget Estilo, they will have A-star, Estilo and this new Wagon R with the same K10 unit. How to separate them.

IMO, this car will come up with the K12M.

2) What Maruti can do is this : Have two engine variants. Yes, just like Alto did have two engine options initially. Similarly, Maruti can offer both K10 and K12 in Wagon R. This would offer good competition from Alto to i20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I believe that has got something to do with the engine. In the Japanese market the WagonR gets a 600 odd cc motor, while here it should be at least a 1 litre engine. They probably did it to shoehorn the engine.
The current Wagon R and Estilo both are not modified for 1064 cc unit. This modified noes makes me believe that they have plonked in K12M. I hope my expectations turn out to be true, else there are chances of Wagon R losing out as Wagon R is a practical buy and even current F10D gives good bottom end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhir_nyc View Post
Great Job Man, this definitely is a face lift for the Wagon-R.

I likee the front and roofrails.
This is brand new car that was launched in Japan in 2008.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:24   #142
Senior - BHPian

There is one final mystery to be solved-the motors powering both the BS4 alto and wagonR.

Mr. A is hard at work, hope that I get the info soon. till now,
Old 27th March 2010, 11:05   #143
Senior - BHPian

Even for the Alto there should be a facelift at least. The very fact that they are delaying the launch of the BS IV Alto till last moment is proof enough that something's cooking. Else they would have brought it out in Jan itself along with the K series Estilo. I was wondering why they did not bring out the K series WagonR in Jan while the Estilo was launched. This scoop answers that question. They were saving it for the all new WagonR. Cervo anyone?

Last edited by longhorn : 27th March 2010 at 11:09.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:17   #144
Senior - BHPian

BS4 Alto as per my delaer information goes comes with the same but re-worked 800cc 3 cylinder mill. Dealer received the RTO approval papers from Maruti for the BS4 Alto. WagonR engine is not yet known since they didn't receive the RTO approval papers yet.

I asked them when i went to take delivery of my A-Star.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:19   #145
Senior - BHPian

If they can re-work the 800cc engine in the Alto why are they phasing out the 800?
Old 27th March 2010, 13:58   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
If they can re-work the 800cc engine in the Alto why are they phasing out the 800?
Yes! Very valid point.
Old 27th March 2010, 14:02   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Might be due to crash safety norms which is soon going to be implemented.
Old 27th March 2010, 14:22   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
BS4 Alto as per my delaer information goes comes with the same but re-worked 800cc 3 cylinder mill. Dealer received the RTO approval papers from Maruti for the BS4 Alto. WagonR engine is not yet known since they didn't receive the RTO approval papers yet.

I asked them when i went to take delivery of my A-Star.
I believe it is the same 1L K series 3 cylinder engine that serves in the A*.

That is why the capacity of Manesar plant is being hiked up.
Old 27th March 2010, 17:21   #149
Senior - BHPian

The new one looks good IMO.
Just hope that, it comes with the K-series engine, that will be kool .
Also it will be interesting to see the pricing of this new vehicle.
And Sid, great stuff man ,not sure how do you manage to click those pics.
Cheers
Old 27th March 2010, 22:12   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe, it makes economical sense to rework an engine that's selling 20K units each month, compared to that engine which has dropped to 2.5-3K units a month. Alto has already taken over the 800 a long time ago and the 800 has already lost the numbers game to the cheapest car, Nano. Where does that leave the 800? Nowhere.

In my opinon, it doesn't make much marketing and financial sense to sell a car in the current times, which can't even compete with itself, let alone the other small cars, both from within and without. Moreover, with all manufacturers touting VFM cars in their stable, the 800 of today offers little or no VFM. Problem is, there are so many cars in the Rs 2.5-3.5L bracket (leaving out the Nano) and the 800 struggles to match up with these cars. So, why bother even trying to resuscitate something that is inevitably on the verge of demise?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks