Old 15th April 2010, 12:46   #256
Senior - BHPian

It looks more like Yeti!
Old 15th April 2010, 13:38   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
It looks more like Yeti!
I wonder what good ole Sam will say being compared to the Wagon R !

Last edited by theMAG : 15th April 2010 at 13:43.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:41   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I wonder good ole Sam will say being compared to the Wagon R !
Ha Ha Ha! Not our dear Sameer Kapasi. The Skoda Yeti, You know, the less haired one

I wonder where is Sam these days. His FB mentions he's travelling.

Guys, heads up for another excellent travelogue.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:49   #259
BHPian

Some pictoral comparisons to the 'International' WagonR

Regarding the looks, or more specifically, the restyle done my Maruti for the Indian markets, I dunno... I feel that they have made it a bit more van like, compared to the International Model. I have just attached a couple of pictures, comparing the International 4th Gen WagonR (Source: Wiki), and the scoop pictures taken by Sid.

While the cars may look quite different initially, due to changes in the headlights, grill, bumper, wheels, roof rails, door handles and mirrors, the similarities are quite clear in places, for e.g. the Windows, and the Wheel Arches. What is your opinion? Is the 'Phoren' style better, or Maruti's redesign. Personally haven't been a fan of Maruti's styling efforts, esp. the facelift of the Old Zen and the old WagonR.

... Though personally, I so wish Maruti would have considered bringing the WagonR 'Stingray' (see last picture) which actually looks quite cool and sporty.
Attached Thumbnails
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-intl-vs-indian-wagonr.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-intl-vs-indian-wagonr2.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-wagonr-stingray.jpg  

Old 15th April 2010, 14:49   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Nose looks more like Skoda Yeti than Estilo.

For that, you need to look closer, and need to get out of your prejudice!
I disagree, comparing with Skoda Yeti seems far fetched, it is definitely Estiloish. I think many people on this forum have expressed similar views.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:06   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I disagree, comparing with Skoda Yeti seems far fetched, it is definitely Estiloish. I think many people on this forum have expressed similar views.
But I somehow feels like that!
Attached Thumbnails
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-328817d1271181749twagonrecreationallyclickednewwagonrscooppicsdsc04413.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-skoda_yeti_f34_ns_203105_717.jpg  

Old 15th April 2010, 17:05   #262
BANNED

In my opinion it doesn't look like Yeti at all. Yeti looks like a compact suv however WagonR is just a small hatchback. Yeti is way more wider.

At the same time. I like the looks of the this wagonR model the most among all the wagonR models.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:52   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
It looks more like Yeti!
Such comparisons between the Wagon R and an SUV (Yeti in this case) is probably the reason why I see quite a few Wagons puttering around with the spare tyre mounted at the rear with the quintessentialrear ladder.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th April 2010 at 18:53. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
Old 16th April 2010, 14:27   #264
BHPian

It does look like a Yeti to mee to. Just similar in shape of the front end but not exactly like it.
+1 I wanted the JDM WagonR. The Indian version's styling is all wrong, especially at the rear where the lights are horrible. They could have retained the licence plate in the rear bumper itself instead of moving it to the hatch. Even the furl filler lid is squarish in the Indian model while is circular in the JDM model. Lots of cost cutting is evident. The matte finish of the pillars is gone and so is the usage of plastic in the outer styling (the sill is covered by skirts in JDM)
Old 16th April 2010, 15:53   #265
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 to you. I also like the foreign version more than the Indian one. Also notice that the Indian version does not have black B pillar & part of the door behind rear quarter glass even in the top end VXI variant of which sidindica has posted pic.

Last edited by AkMar : 16th April 2010 at 15:54.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:00   #266
BANNED

It seems like moterbeam has posted the new WagonR pictures taken by sidindica. Also, they have watermarked the pics.

Link:
2010 Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Pictures

Old 16th April 2010, 16:24   #267
SCH
BHPian

I guess the top end model Vxi does not have Alloy Wheels.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:27   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

The Wagon R still looks very boxy, something like box on wheels. Looks apart, the utility it provides is remarkable. Hope they have retained the same traits of the older versions of the Wagon R. Does these models have rear defogger and wiper, they are very much necessary during rains. IMO it definitely is a very understated safety feature.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:37   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
I guess the top end model Vxi does not have Alloy Wheels.
Well,it never had.Neither the Wagon R nor the Estilo came with alloys on the top end version.This one is no exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Wagon R still looks very boxy, something like box on wheels. Looks apart, the utility it provides is remarkable. Does these models have rear defogger and wiper, they are very much necessary during rains. IMO it definitely is a very understated safety feature.
The boxy tall-boy design of the Wagon R is its USP.Apart from the utility,the boxiness does add a little funk IMO.

Yes,the top-end version now comes with rear wash/wipe as standard.Just like on the new Estilo
Old 17th April 2010, 00:56   #270
BHPian

Any update of the launch date?????????
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks