Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 22:10   #346
BHPian

from the brochure pics the rear leg space seems to have increased a bit, which is a good thing. Thats a major pain point in my Wagon-R.
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:49   #347
BHPian

ACI Test Drive and Review.

New Wagon-R test drive and review is out on ACI.

[COLOR=#0066cc]http://www.autocarindia.com/news/new-wagonr-test-drive-review[/COLOR]

Seems the front and rear seats are exceptionally spacious and comfortable with very good thigh support.

Now, boot space is compromized with just 180L - a big disppointment.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 23rd April 2010 at 00:59.
Old 23rd April 2010, 02:23   #348
BHPian

Hey Guys just got a mail from maruti as i was subscribed for newsletter. So here is the attachment i got in mail.
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-invite.jpeg
Old 23rd April 2010, 02:31   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Seems the front and rear seats are exceptionally spacious and comfortable with very good thigh support.

Now, boot space is compromized with just 180L - a big disppointment.
Just read it! I thought if Maruti would have provided those sliding rear seats(which move into the boot section) would have been a great feature, so that when less heighted people are travelling the boot space could be adjusted.

It seems it utilizes the space efficiently; and feels like a mini SUV.
Old 23rd April 2010, 03:19   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Just read it! I thought if Maruti would have provided those sliding rear seats(which move into the boot section) would have been a great feature, so that when less heighted people are travelling the boot space could be adjusted.
I had been discussing about this feature with fellow bhpian for the last three days. This feature would have been an asset for the new Wagon-R, had they included it. I do not understand what stopped Maruthi to carry that feature in to new Wagon-R when it is already present in the 4th gen WagonR in overseas.

Overall, I am very well satisifed with the new Wagon-R, though I would have liked the 4-cylinder engine instead of 3-cylinder, reclining back seats, 60:40 split seats.
Old 23rd April 2010, 04:34   #351
Team-BHP Support

Some significant additions, compared to earlier version.

1. Tubeless tyres (All versions).
2. Rear parcel tray (VXi).

3. Tilt adjustible steering (VXi).
4. Built in ICE with AUX-in & 4 speakers (VXi).

5. 60:40 split and folding rear seats (All versions).
6. Front passenger under-seat tray (VXi).

7. Rear wiper, washer & defogger (VXi).
8. Security system with keyless entry (VXi).

9. 14 inch wheels (VXi).
10. Front and Rear power windows (VXi). Front power windows (LXi)
11. 12 V socket (VXi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Cycle in the reclined seat of the Wagon-R, Is it not a bad PS job?
Not sure about PS job. I have transported cycles, and a treadmill (Manual type) once, with the rear seats folded!
Quote:
Overall, I am very well satisifed with the new Wagon-R, though I would have liked the 4-cylinder engine instead of 3-cylinder, reclining back seats, 60:40 split seats.
60:40 split seats is present as standard across all variants. Reclining rear seats would have made it a 4 seater in paper (Which is a huge disadvantage in ads against competition) and rear parcel tray would also have to be skipped. Totally agree with you on the engine though!
Old 23rd April 2010, 05:04   #352
BHPian

I am really surprised to see no mention about the 60:40 split seats in the brochure, as this is a good feature compared to the outgoing model.

Boot space is compramised at the cost of space at rear seats. Maruti could have addressed this issue with the rear seats on trolly to move them back and forth.

But, overall, the new Wagon-R is a very very good upgrade with lots of new features.
Old 23rd April 2010, 05:47   #353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am really surprised to see no mention about the 60:40 split seats in the brochure, as this is a good feature compared to the outgoing model.
Its mentioned in Comfort and convenience- 60:40 split and folding rear seats.
Quote:
But, overall, the new Wagon-R is a very very good upgrade with lots of new features.
Hope the pricing doesn't go north!

How good is the K10 motor? I think ARAI mileage is 18.9 kmpl (From brochure, it is not clear whether its ARAI mileage or not).
Old 23rd April 2010, 07:37   #354
BANNED

Guys ,saw the new wagon R yesterday.To be frank the face looks very bad,i didnt like it and rear is the worst.the current model is far far better.It just looks like squarish at rear (tempo traveller kind) and just zen estillo in front.

Hope atleast the drive and interior is made best.
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:26   #355
Senior - BHPian

One more additional feature that could've done justice - Steering mounted audio controls; probably the next version could have this; and that will be my dream small car.

Last edited by aargee : 23rd April 2010 at 09:27.
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:27   #356
BANNED

Quote:
Not sure about PS job. I have transported cycles, and a treadmill (Manual type) once, with the rear seats folded!
Even I have transported a cycle and treadmill ( motorized ).
Old 23rd April 2010, 09:53   #357
BHPian

^^I have transported 180L refrigerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How good is the K10 motor? I think ARAI mileage is 18.9 kmpl (From brochure, it is not clear whether its ARAI mileage or not).
The K10 is definitely better, but being a three-pot motor, it is slightly noisy even at idle rpm. The 1.1L was super-silent at idle. Both the K10 and old 1.1L motors are noisy at very high rpms. I do not know which one is better at higher rpms. Seems the K10 motor has strong midrange with flat torque curve throughout the rev range (same with the 1.1L engine).

I am eagerly waiting for a proper test drive from different mags.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 23rd April 2010 at 09:59.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:04   #358
BHPian

A short review from ZIGWHEELS .
2010-Maruti-Suzuki-WagonR-First-drive,Buy New Cars, Used Cars, Auto News and Reviews India - Zigwheels.com

I have a bad feeling about the pricing on this one from MSIL. We will know in a few hours.

Last edited by -NUT-case : 23rd April 2010 at 10:13.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:22   #359
BHPian

Quote:
The drive experience is as connected as it typically is on most Suzukis, with a sweet, direct-feel steering and good feedback from the wheels.
From the zigwheels review, of link given above - God, which vehicle they are talking about here?

Have felt the older Wagon R's steering one of the worst and feel-less. Does feeling every bump on the road count as 'good feedback'

Atleast let us hope it is better now. Waiting eagerly for Team BHP's REAL review.

Last edited by CoolFire : 23rd April 2010 at 10:24.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:25   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
A short review from ZIGWHEELS .
Seems like we have one of the best interior space and rear seat legroom among small cars. Both Zigwheels, autocarindia reviews and bsmotoring initial impressions has emphasised on that factor.

Pics from Zigwheels review-
http://www.zigwheels.com/Reviews/201...agonR_20100423
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-marutiwagonrpracticality.jpg
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-wagonrpracticality.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed that the center console is not exactly in the center. Its a bit towards the passenger side! I hope the driver wont have to reach for the music system while driving.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 23rd April 2010 at 10:33.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks