Team-BHP - (Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   (Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77736-wagon-r-ecreationally-clicked-new-wagon-r-scoop-pics-edit-brochure-pg-22-a-3.html)

@Sidindica-- thanks for the scoop

Its a good thing that the Vxi comes with ABS now.BTW Is it based on the 4th gen WagonR ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 1791273)
I really really hope they don't put the same 1.0 Engine from the Estilo/A-Star into this.
Please Maruti give us a 1.1 L 4 cylinder K-series engine with this popular and promising hatch. Heck, even the Eeco 73 BHP engine would be better suited than the A-Star engine.

I would say, put in the K12M, detune it for more bottom end torque and keep around 75 bhp. This would be sufficient for the All New Wagon R.
K12M is available in both Swift and Ritz now, so they will have good economies of scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1791288)
definetly not an ALL NEW WAGON R
side profile and rear is almost the same as the old car. front has been tinkered with moderately. how much longer will you flog the same design Maruti ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1791339)
Nice facelift - really refreshes the model well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj123 (Post 1791414)
Same old stuff with modified headlamp cluster, Suzuki please bring better designed vehicles , mere face lift job won't interest customers.
Wagon R is seriously old enough to be retired.

This car is ALL NEW WAGON R.

This is an all new Wagon R and an all new platform. The car featured in this thread is the 4th generation Wagon R launched in Japan in 2008. Maruti this time has brought in the latest they had, unlike Ford that has given an Old generation car in the form of Figo. Hyundai, Suzuki are both bringing in the latest they have.

The only mistake Suzuki did is that they have altered the front end from the one sold in Japan. If they had not altered the front end then
1) People would just compare skin panels and say : Its an All New Wagon R.
2) The car would look better than the car in featured in this thread i.e. the altered front end looks.

About the car:

1) Boot space. The current generation Wagon R has one of the best boot in that segment, and its the most usable also thanks to the boxy design of the car. I doubt if we have similar amount of space in this car.

2) The AC vents. I fail to understand what exactly is wrong with Suzuki, and upto some extent even Hyundai. i10, i20 and now this Wagon R has the vents such that the left hand of driver will be chilled the most. Similar problem exists in Baleno because the entire console is a towards the driver, so the left hand is chilled. Bad design. This type of design is applicable in cars that have great width and rear AC vents, like LC, Innova, Endy, etc. Not in small cars. I would prefer normal vents like in Swift, Accent, etc. and they must direct air a bit upwards so that air reaches the rear passengers.

3) Engine. As mentioned earlier IMO, its better is Suzuki puts in K12M deutned to around 74-75 bhp, and tuned for higher bottom end torque. The K12M is already found in Swift, Swift Dzire and Ritz. Adding K12M to Wagon R will give them higher economies of scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1791339)
Nice facelift - really refreshes the model well.

This is not just a restyle Mag. The car is new compared to the older Wagon.

This Wagon a restyle of the below WagonR:
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newwagonr1.jpg
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newwagonr2.jpg

The New Wagon R In Sendai

Quote:

Originally Posted by designersf (Post 1791321)
The side profile is all new. Reason? Look closely, the rear opera window/quarter glass is missing in this model.

The front fixed quarter glass is also missing. The ORVMs are there in it's place. hence the front door looks longer. Clever!

Great scoop sid - the new wagon R looks nice! (Any plans of an autobox like sx4?)

Definitely better looking than the current one. The interiors are also neatly done and don't look as bland as the current one. If this comes with a K12 engine, then it will be the segment leader.

The scoop-master did it again clap:. The interiors look good quality, but the dashboard design is little SUV-ish!

Looks better, but more boxy. Do this have any impact on high speed stability?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil8089 (Post 1791549)
.. Do this have any impact on high speed stability?

It always will for its taller and not so wider stance!
This ain't a car to go racing three digit speeds and cornering like a sedan but still it cannot be written off. It has been serving the purpose to many for years now!!

This looks good. The interiors have defnitely come a long way from the Wagon R I own. Wow first love back again with better looks. May be I will have to fall in love again

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil8089 (Post 1791549)
Looks better, but more boxy. Do this have any impact on high speed stability?

Certainly not a car designed to do veryhigh speeds.

But for daily city traffic this car is simply UNCOMPARABLE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1791206)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1791437)
This car is ALL NEW WAGON R.

This is an all new Wagon R and an all new platform. The car featured in this thread is the 4th generation Wagon R launched in Japan in 2008. Maruti this time has brought in the latest they had,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 1791441)
This is not just a restyle Mag. The car is new compared to the older Wagon.

This Wagon a restyle of the below WagonR:
Attachment 310928
Attachment 310929

The New Wagon R In Sendai

Yes this one does look like its based on the latest Wagon R in Japan. Check out the interior pics & the dashboard is quite similar except for a different HU & in Dash Gear lever.

Sid's pic

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-wr2.jpg

Another interior pic

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-wr1.jpg

Source

Sid as usual fantastic. Wondering how do you manage these scoops so consistently. There has to be something to it.

Please reveal the secrets stupid:

By the way, the interiors have improved on this version of the Wagon R over the previous one.

Look at the rear space of the WR in the pic Techno posted. :Shockked:

If its indeed as big as it looks, man this is seriously spacious.

Scoop master does it again. Great one Sid clap:. This car definitely looks better than the current one. The front seems to be longer than the old version. This only indicates a new " Engine" . Overall, the car looks fresh and better.

Waiting for some more pics and details, Scoop Master-ji.