Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 12:36   #76
BHPian

The new one looks good compare to the current Wagon R. The pricing is cruical for huge volumes. The current one is selling in large numbers because of huge discounts (close to 40k in bangalore). If Maruti increases prices or stops discounts after new launch then people will prefer new cars i10/beat/figo
Old 21st March 2010, 12:38   #77
BHPian

I'm disappointed that it did not get the face of the JDM WagonR although the rest of the body looks the same. Autocar India reported that phased out WagonR from Japan would hit India but even that has a rear opera window/quarter glass. The pics scooped by Sid indicate the latest gen JDM WagonR with different front and rear end styling which is a great attempt by Maruti but why make a new car look very similar (atleast change its face)?
Old 21st March 2010, 13:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

i like the JDM interior more with the autobox. Hope the add that version in INdia.
Old 21st March 2010, 13:08   #79
BHPian

not impressive.I was expecting someting looking similar to the Jap model. Like to see a refreshed look, 1.2 K series engine , more space and bigger tyres on the new model

Last edited by georgev : 21st March 2010 at 13:09.
Old 21st March 2010, 14:46   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Damn sid, how do you manage this every time? I am not aware of your profession but i think you are in auto industry somewhere. And you are officially "kings of scoops" on team.
I think SID is as Mr. SIDhartha Vinayak Pathankar from NDTV Car and Bike Show .

Without the label of a media person, it's nearly impossible to capture all these photos and info.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:32   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
+1

Like this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...719-large-.jpg

My wagonR has never returned less than ~14kmpl in predominantly city drive with 100% AC. Not sure what you meant by bad FE?

Hey! You're lucky. I have been driving a Wagon R for 8 years now (on my second one!!) and I have never, repeat never got more than 10.5 Kmpl in the city with AC on.

Regards,

SS
Old 21st March 2010, 23:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I think SID is as Mr. SIDhartha Vinayak Pathankar from NDTV Car and Bike Show .

Without the label of a media person, it's nearly impossible to capture all these photos and info.
hmm.now that gets me guessing it could be true.
Old 22nd March 2010, 02:22   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Luggage space(i once carried a full 1ton AC unit after folding the rear seats) seating comfort in the front and decent at the the back.So many storage spaces that i used to lose lots of my things in the car only to find them at the time of servicing!
You only carried a 1 Ton AC, I had used my WagonR while changing my house and believe me shifted 25% of my stuff in this including a Full size washing machine, 2 nos of 2 ton ACs, Invertors, 4 ft long study tables, 29" color TV, 42" LCD, 7.1 Home Theatre with huge speakers and whole lot of other stuff.

Also, at times, I had to use my Wagy to offload heavy household stuff from Gurgaon to Noida (approx 80KM) and it did not even budge once,

I simply adore its practicality and I definitely gonna replace my existing WagonR/i10 with this very soon.

Last edited by shantanumishra : 22nd March 2010 at 02:24.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:03   #84
BHPian

Maruti lines up powerful WagonR successor

Maruti lines up powerful WagonR successor - dnaindia.com

Is there scoop pictures of Alto as well? If yes, please post the same.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:36   #85
BHPian

"An upgraded Alto at a price premium is expected in the second half of this year while a ‘cost down’ version of the existing Alto - to bring it close to the price levels of the M800 - should be in the market subsequently."

I do not know what they mean by an Alto with 'Premium Pricing'. It wouldnt sell against the likes of the Beat and Maruti's own siblings. However, a 'cost down' version will work in the metros to replace the M800 but if Maruti wants to repalce the 800 in the metros with a cost down Alto, why not replace it altogether?

Moreover, we do know that a facelifted Alto is in works so lets hope sidindica spots this one as well.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:12   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hey! You're lucky. I have been driving a Wagon R for 8 years now (on my second one!!) and I have never, repeat never got more than 10.5 Kmpl in the city with AC on.

Regards,

SS
I guess you are unlucky. I have been driving my wagon R for the last 7 years and have got an avg FE of around 13-14 with AC on and that too in Blore traffic.
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:09   #87
BHPian

nice scoop sid! looks like the sholder room is still the same as the old wagonR! the face lift surely looks better IMO as compared to the Estilo of the current WangonR. I wonder about the pricing with the k-series engine. will it be the same engine as the Astar?
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:09   #88
BHPian

The facelift looks oodles better than the current wagonR. The front end looks very upmarket, the side looks bland as ever. I think they figured out to make a boxy car even more... what's the word i'm looking for... Square!
The interiors have been overhauled completely which is a great thing to see. Am dying to see a K-series engine in this car.
How is this car going to be priced? I think MSIL is its own biggest competition in the Hatchback segment. Why don't they just throw in a few more cars & confuse us further
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:33   #89
BHPian

Looks like a VERY VERY Small brother of the Tata Sumo Grande...

Decent restyling but the dashboard design does not quite make it, in my opinion. Hope Maruti plonks in the K12 engine, that would really make this tall boy hatch quite a scorcher in the straight line.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:54   #90
BHPian

Looks a lot better than the earlier version i guess.
What would've been great if the 'new' car was less taller and a little wider and a btter gear box. Everything else was ok about the wagon r.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks