Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 17:45   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
My note was "to replace A-Star with Cervo in India only, not in International markets".
Yup, I did get that. But I feel its better to replace the Estilo , since the new Wagon-R looks better than the Estilo and the only reason why Estilo found takers was because it had better looking interiors than the outgoing WagonR. Also the Cervo being a tallboy design, it seems like a logical replacement for the Estilo.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:19   #167
BHPian

have they made it a little bigger. the Japanese wagon interior pics seem spacious. i am 6.3" ft. and i have sat inside my friends wagon R.

my experience.
the car is nice. but its ultra light. i hate the sound of the doors. swift door shutting sounds better. sx4 even better.
i don't feel confident above 80-100 kmph. (do not turn at speeds 100 kph) my friend did it and i almost had a heart attack!

they say its spacious but my knees either touch or bang almost anywhere i sit. its horrible at the back!

i wish they give out aggressive pricing and make it a little bit roomier! but then again i would if one would buy a wagon R in the current hatchback market. its too old and frankly boxy! (iska zammana gaya yaro) but over all its the best practical buy. i would put it above A-star!

Last edited by Caramelo : 30th March 2010 at 19:24.
Old 31st March 2010, 11:53   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Why did Maruti have to ruin the new design by redesigning the front?. The Japanese version looks cool and all they had to do was build it here.
The Japanese version comes with a 660cc engine. That specific engine is very compact and fits easily in the bay while the larger 1.0L K-series engine requires a re-work of the front end and this is probably the reason why it has been restyled. If this is still the reason, they could have retained the styling of the JDM WagonR which IMHO is spectacular!
Old 31st March 2010, 12:01   #169
Senior - BHPian

Any info on the pricing. Hope they keep it at the same levels as the current WagonR assuming that is going to get the K10B motor. This would mean better or similar FE to the current gen though refinement levels would take a hit. Too much of a price hike will lead to the i10 eating into its pie and Maruti would not want that to happen to one of its best selling models.

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 12:03.
Old 31st March 2010, 12:21   #170
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
There is one final mystery to be solved-the motors powering both the BS4 alto and wagonR.

Did the Govt. made it mandatory to sell BSIV cars in 13 cities from tomorrow onwards?

1. News heard earlier was they may postpone it again by another 6 months

2. Another news was that Maruti is developing a new engine series (codenamed YP3) to fit in Wagon-R and Alto.

If 1 and 2 above are correct, then it is likely that both Wagon-R and Alto may retain the current engines for some more time, and then get the new generation engines once the BSIV norms kick in.

My assumption!
Old 31st March 2010, 12:26   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Did the Govt. made it mandatory to sell BSIV cars in 13 cities from tomorrow onwards?

1. News heard earlier was they may postpone it again by another 6 months.

2. Another news was that Maruti is developing a new engine series (codenamed YP3) to fit in Wagon-R and Alto.

If 1 and 2 above are correct, then it is likely that both Wagon-R and Alto may retain the current engines for some more time, and then get the new generation engines once the BSIV norms kick in.

My assumption!
I doubt regarding news 1 unless there is some serious delay in making available Euro IV quality fuel in the 13 cities immediately.

News 2 is correct. They are developing the YP3 engine which will be introduced in a low cost variant of the Alto and WagonR. That will come six months down the line.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:24   #172
BHPian

I contacted my local Maruti Dealer,well according to him the base model for the New Wagon R is going to be at Rs.3.26 lacs (with iCATS) whereas topend will be around Rs. 4.04lacs (with ABS +iCATS). Can somebody confirm this.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:27   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
I contacted my local Maruti Dealer,well according to him the base model for the New Wagon R is going to be at Rs.3.26 lacs (with iCATS) whereas topend will be around Rs. 4.04lacs (with ABS +iCATS). Can somebody confirm this.
The iCats is standard fare now on all Maruti cars right from the Maruti 800. If this it true, it means they are leaving current prices more or less untouched. Figo effect?

Last edited by longhorn : 31st March 2010 at 16:35.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:36   #174
BHPian

The New Wagon R – The Countdown Has Started

"The count down for the 2010 version of Maruti Wagon R has started. The new Wagon R will be available from the month of April.

Buzz up!
The car is based on same platform as its previous version, though the changes incorporated will make it look like a different new generation car. The differences made in both the interiors and exteriors will enhance the splendid look of the vehicle.

It comes with Bharat IV compliant KB series engine of 998 cc, developing 67 PS or 50 KW of power at 6200rpm. The engine is exactly the same as that of Maruti A-Star. The smooth pick up will always be the highlight of this Wagon R, too. The guaranteed CNG system is installed in this updated version.

The alterations made for the new Wagon R include the new tail lamps, bigger and stylish headlamps and new front and rear bumpers. It comes with the new front grilles with the chrome inserts. The new interiors incorporate the new door trims, new upholstery, a different centre console design and automatic climate control system. It has new tail lamps, doors, door handles and steering wheel. It comes with ABS and airbags, along with the other luxury accessories.

The new Maruti car looks very good, compared to the previous version. The fuel efficiency of the vehicle is14.15 Kmpl.

The car will be available in vivid range of colours including golden, silver, pink, purple, etc. The variants of the new Wagon R include R Vxi, R Lxi, R Ax, R Duo and R Lx.

The price of the car will be 4,50,000 (Mumbai showrooms)."

Link: Wagon R 2010 | New Wagon R | Maruti Wagon R - Oneindia Living
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:39   #175
BHPian

Disappointed with Maruti's decision on Alto

POST BS4, THE MARUTI ALTO WILL SOLDIER ON WITH A TWEAKED F8D ENGINE

Today, being April 1st is All Fools Day. Today, is also a day when the fate of many cars will be decided as the BS4 norms come into place beginning today.
While most expected industry bellwether Maruti to plonk a revvy K-Series engine in the Alto’s engine bay, Maruti quietly has done just the opposite. Maruti, known to flog a car for long after it’s sell by date has tweaked the existing F8D engine suitably to make sure it meets the Bharat Stage 4 emission norms.
So, the Maruti Alto, the bread and butter sales topper for Maruti will continue to soldier on with the tweaked F8D engine, thus scuttling many an Indian car buyer’s hopes of a revvy K series engine in the Alto’s engine bay.
What remains to be seen is whether the tweaks on the Alto’s F8D engine will affect driability as in the past where the WagonR suffered from poor driveability issues once it’s engine was similarly tweaked to meet tightening emission norms.

Link: Post BS4, The Maruti Alto Will Soldier On With A Tweaked F8D Engine | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:00   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
The car is based on same platform as its previous version, though the changes incorporated will make it look like a different new generation car.
If the pictures posted on the first page are anything to go by, this is an all new platform and not a touch up job on the existing platform. The guy who wrote that article needs to be flogged. I think he's assuming its the same platform because of the tweak done on the 4th gen's front and rear to make it look similar to the current gen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
The price of the car will be 4,50,000 (Mumbai showrooms).
So he conveniently forgot to mention whether its for the top end or bottom end or something in between. It should be priced at or below 3.5L ex showroom Delhi for the base variant. I don't think there would be many takers for this at 4.5l for the entry level Lx.

Last edited by longhorn : 3rd April 2010 at 11:05.
Old 3rd April 2010, 21:06   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
If the pictures posted on the first page are anything to go by, this is an all new platform and not a touch up job on the existing platform. The guy who wrote that article needs to be flogged. I think he's assuming its the same platform because of the tweak done on the 4th gen's front and rear to make it look similar to the current gen one.
Flogged? That's a bit strong isn't it? Especially when the guy is right - a friend from ol' MS confirms it is the same platform as the last one. This means the underpinnings are the same, the rest is obviously changed. Gotta say though, from what photos Sid has put up, the Japanese version looks better. Maruti seems to want to make its cars very loud (in terms of looks) for some reason. A little subtlety wouldn't kill for sure.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Flogged? That's a bit strong isn't it? Especially when the guy is right - a friend from ol' MS confirms it is the same platform as the last one. This means the underpinnings are the same, the rest is obviously changed. Gotta say though, from what photos Sid has put up, the Japanese version looks better. Maruti seems to want to make its cars very loud (in terms of looks) for some reason. A little subtlety wouldn't kill for sure.
I did not get your point. Did you mean to say that the 2nd and 4th gen WagonR's are based on the same platform or that this all new WagonR is based on the 2nd gen's platform?( which is being sold here currently) or they are putting the 4th gen's body slightly tweaked on the 2nd gen's platform. And I hope your friend is not part of MS's marketing staff but a part of the engineering side. I know of guys from Maruti who couldn't distinguish between leaf spring suspension and the coil spring setup that came later on the Maruti 800 and they actually thought that both were the same.

Last edited by longhorn : 5th April 2010 at 10:15.
Old 5th April 2010, 11:36   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
I second. This guy has written rubbish. It is an all new platform. As I have already indicated, look at the C-Pillar. All the previous versions sported a rear quarter glass/opera window while this one doesnt have it. You can check the history of WagonR by clicking here. Moreover, check the parting line for the hood/fender and the A-pillar. Completely different. Check the front door sash - you can observe a curve in the new model that is absent in all the old ones.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:58   #180
BHPian

4.5 lacs for a wagon R. and climate control. even ritz does not has climate control. i don't beleive what some people are posting. wait for the details. i am in doubt about the pricing and features.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks