Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 10:42   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
The fuel efficiency of the vehicle is14.15 Kmpl.
I can't believe what this guy is writing. If the WagonR is indeed shod with the K10B, no ways the FE is going to be as low as 14.15 kmpl. This can mean either one of these two. Either this guy is writing bull???? or the new WagonR is not getting the K10B motor.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:56   #182
Senior - BHPian

Mr A. told me something:
  • LX=3,30,000 approx
  • LXi=3,55,000 approx
  • VXi=3,97,000 approx
  • VXi ABS and airbags=4,25,000 approx.
(all prices are indicative and may differ from final prices)

claimed mileage is 18 plus.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:07   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Mr A. told me something:
  • LX=3,30,000 approx
  • LXi=3,55,000 approx
  • VXi=3,97,000 approx

The pricing is on expected lines courtesy Figo effect. The price for the Vxi seems to be a tad high though. Let's hope they stuff in more goodies than the standard fare from Maruti. Suddenly Maruti cars are becoming overpriced compared to the competition.

FE should be around 18 kmpl given that the AStar gives 19-21 in actual driving conditions. Due to the tall boy design, it won't be as fuel efficient as the AStar, but is immensly more practical when compared to the AStar.
Old 6th April 2010, 11:15   #184
BHPian

VXi is expensive. It should've been something like 3.6L.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:11   #185
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you guys, VXi is expensive. To put things in perspective, Ritz LXi costs 4 Lacs and Swift LXi costs Rs.4,18,000. Both claim a mileage of around 18.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:23   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Mr A. told me something:
  • LX=3,30,000 approx
  • LXi=3,55,000 approx
  • VXi=3,97,000 approx

Absolutely ridiculous pricing, considering the competition and even the cars from Maruti's own stable.

Ritz Lxi, after discounts, was available for almost the same price of this Wagon-R LXi - that too, with the superb K12 engine! Is Maruti trying to push the sales of Ritz by over pricing Wagon-R? Will not work, Maruti! The result will be - Figo, Beat and i10 eating into Wagon-R's pie of 12,000 cars per month!

I think, Suzuki (after the recent acquirement of another 5% of share) is trying to make a huge profit from India, as India is its largest market. This greed will not work, for sure. See how the competition (except the greedy Hyundai and Honda) is pricing their cars aggressively - be it Ford, GM, Tata or Fiat. With having such an advantage of being a mass car producer, it is shameful, Maruti!
Old 6th April 2010, 14:03   #187
BHPian

Has the downfall of Suzuki started? I dont see them selling WagonRs like they used to if these are the prices. Forget about making profits, they wouldnt sell any! The LX can be considered as the 'living dead' as nobody will buy it. The Lxi at 3.55 is above the Beat and is on par with the Figo, which is a larger vehicle. Are Maruti losing their way in India? If thesea re the prices, then they are
Old 6th April 2010, 14:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Has the downfall of Suzuki started? I dont see them selling WagonRs like they used to if these are the prices. Forget about making profits, they wouldnt sell any! The LX can be considered as the 'living dead' as nobody will buy it. The Lxi at 3.55 is above the Beat and is on par with the Figo, which is a larger vehicle. Are Maruti losing their way in India? If thesea re the prices, then they are
+1
Maruti seems to be quite ambitious with the pricing, I am sure that customers are wise enough now to understand the value for money term.
Figo & Beat are surely better choice in this segment.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:23   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
I think it's little premature to say whether they are losing their way in India. What seems certain, however, is they must be struggling with the price-positioning.

First, the in-house options ranging from Alto, Estilo, A-Start, Swift will make it difficult for them to price it appropriately.

Second, Beat and Figo effect is only going to add to their pricing woes.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:11   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I can't believe what this guy is writing. If the WagonR is indeed shod with the K10B, no ways the FE is going to be as low as 14.15 kmpl. This can mean either one of these two. Either this guy is writing bull???? or the new WagonR is not getting the K10B motor.
Sir if you are referring me (Bhaskar Kumar) in your post, then I am sorry to say that i haven't written that article. I have copied and pasted it. I have mentioned the link below where I copied the article from.

If you are referring the guy who has written the article, then yes, you are right. WagonR with K seriens engine 14 Klpl is bull.
Old 6th April 2010, 15:53   #191
BHPian

It would be wise if we comment on pricing when the full specifications and details are out. We can judge the price based on the features and what the car is to offer us than the previous model.
Old 6th April 2010, 17:30   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
Sir if you are referring me (Bhaskar Kumar) in your post, then I am sorry to say that i haven't written that article. I have copied and pasted it. I have mentioned the link below where I copied the article from.

If you are referring the guy who has written the article, then yes, you are right. WagonR with K seriens engine 14 Klpl is bull.
Buddy I was referring to the journo who wrote that article. It is very evident that it was written by a journo who has no idea about cars.

Last edited by longhorn : 6th April 2010 at 17:32.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:13   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This greed will not work, for sure. See how the competition (except the greedy Hyundai and Honda) is pricing their cars aggressively - be it Ford, GM, Tata or Fiat. With having such an advantage of being a mass car producer, it is shameful, Maruti!
I agree with that label for 1 H but the other? Hyundai gets you the best tech sooner than most and their cars are loaded for the price they quote. No skimping on features, the most basic ones like a dead pedal! Their response is diagonally opposite to most. Introduce models loaded to the hilt and respond with more variants at different price points to counter competitors.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:58   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I agree with that label for 1 H but the other? Hyundai gets you the best tech sooner than most and their cars are loaded for the price they quote. No skimping on features, the most basic ones like a dead pedal! Their response is diagonally opposite to most. Introduce models loaded to the hilt and respond with more variants at different price points to counter competitors.
If expected prices as per Sidindica's post are correct (which I believe should be), then there is merely Rs.20K difference in Figo & WagonR; similar price difference is in case of Beat with the car (base model). Not to forget the dependable Santro. With their bigger engines, better interior space the other cars are definitely better than the new WagonR, if not earlier (though subjective).

It means that Suzuki is riding on its widespread Sales/Dealer network only. This could trigger downfall of WagonR in the long term. However, more importantly A* will suffer badly (probably Suzuki will keep it alive for exports only). With Alto expected the same 1litre 3-pot engine tough fight for Suzuki cars is expected.

No doubt pricing is important for success of the Suzuki's new models.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:07   #195
Senior - BHPian

lets chill till official prices come out. I have a gut feeling that the top model will be priced below ritz LXI. just a week to go for the launch.

Mr. A told just the estimated price bracket. For an all new model on an all new platform, Maruti can charge a bit of premium.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks