Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 20:01   #226
BHPian

I feel its an excellent upgrade to current Wagon-R.
It would have been fabulous if they had provided KB series Ritz engine.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:04   #227
BHPian

Wow man this looks brillant and hats off to you!! So did it came for shooting advert etc?
Old 13th April 2010, 20:55   #228
Senior - BHPian

It's good see MSIL going with such a major revamp and spending so much money on Wagon-R.Off late i10 was heating up the competition and started giving Wagon-R a serious run for money. Thanks a ton SID for the pics. The car indeed looks refreshed! Wagon-R has always been one of the best sellers in India,so the revamp has come at wright time. Also globally it has touched sales of 5 million. Here's a report courtesy WheelsUnplugged - India's Leading Automobile News Website | :
Suzuki Motor Corporation has announced that the aggregate worldwide sales of the Suzuki Wagon R reached five million units at the end of February this year, thanks to its overwhelming response in India, China and its home market. While in Japan (currently in its 4th generation), Suzuki sold nearly 3,498,000 units, in India and China it sold 832,000 units and 330,000 units respectively. In the other countries, the Japanese carmaking giant has managed to clock 340,000 units.
It is to be mentioned that Suzuki began producing the Wagon R in Japan in 1993 and later developed versions for overseas markets. Wagon R-based models have been produced in countries such as China, India, Hungary, Indonesia and Vietnam and sold in 66 countries and regions. The Wagon R is the vehicle with which Suzuki pioneered the miniwagon category. It’s popular with diverse kinds of people thanks to characterful styling, a roomy cabin, user-friendly luggage space, and a design that allows people to step in and out with ease. It has twice won the Automotive Researchers’ and Journalists’ Conference of Japan (RJC) Car of the Year award and has been the top-selling minivehicle in Japan for seven consecutive years.

Meanwhile,, Suzuki’s Indian subsidiary, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, which sells every second car in the country, has revealed that they are launching the 2nd generation WagonR by 23rd April, 2010. Based on a new platform (which underpins the 4th generation WagonR in Japan), the car now comes in new engine and transmission. Powered by the new generation K-series (K-10B) engine (already doing the duty on A-star, Estilo), the new WagonR will be having more space inside and a new design outside. The MSIL claims that the new WagonR will give a mileage of 18.9 km per litre of petrol under test conditions (as per ARAI). The car will be 93 per cent localised, with the remaining components being sourced from Japan. However, with the arrival of the new WagonR, the MSIL has temporarily suspended the manufacturing of the WagonR (Duo), which also gave the customer the option to the vehicle on LPG. Officials added that although the car will be sold at a premium over the outgoing model's price of Rs 3.334.5 lakh, the quantum of increase may not be very high. The new model will be available in three variants – the Lx, Lxi and the Vxi, with the top-end version getting ABS, two front airbags, besides an integrated stereo.

Last edited by fz_rider : 13th April 2010 at 20:56.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:22   #229
BHPian

Sid, It looks like some blogs have your pictures as their scoop. You should watermark the photos.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:28   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abes View Post
Sid, It looks like some blogs have your pictures as their scoop. You should watermark the photos.
reported the post for watermarking. BTW that blog has mentioned tbhp as the source with a direct link.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:56   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Clicked by me with my digicam as it appeared the car came for a photo shoot.. The cameraman directed his camera towards my santro and I have to run away.

Enjoy the pics!
Hey the front nose looks exactly like the new Estilo, other than that I don't feel there is any significant changes to the body profiles. Looks like Maruti wants to slog its horses till they are dead , like M800.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:07   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Clicked by me with my digicam as it appeared the car came for a photo shoot.. The cameraman directed his camera towards my santro and I have to run away.

Enjoy the pics!
From the rear profile, looks like they have improved the back leg space, and instead sacrificed the boot space
Old 13th April 2010, 23:17   #233
BHPian

Quote:
reported the post for watermarking. BTW that blog has mentioned tbhp as the source with a direct link.
Sorry, I didn't see that, its in such small letters.
Old 13th April 2010, 23:36   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Hey the front nose looks exactly like the new Estilo,
Nose looks more like Skoda Yeti than Estilo.

Quote:
other than that I don't feel there is any significant changes to the body profiles.
For that, you need to look closer, and need to get out of your prejudice!

Quote:
Looks like Maruti wants to slog its horses till they are dead , like M800.

Just like any other car maker like Hyundai or Tata in India!
Attached Thumbnails
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04413.jpg  

Old 14th April 2010, 01:08   #235
BHPian

Definitely better than current WagonR. Thanks sidindica for sharing the pictures. I had been told by couple of WagonR owners that vehicle is not stable when it is above 100 kmph. Is this issue taken care in the new vehicle or will it be same in the new one as well?

The other weired thing I heard is Alto is better than WagonR in handling at high speeds (the person who told this is an amateur).

Please through some light on both the queries.

Last edited by BhaskarKumar : 14th April 2010 at 01:09.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:38   #236
Senior - BHPian

Nice upgrade, though the K10B motor is a slight disappointment. Those wheel covers look similar to the ones found on the Swift.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:47   #237
BHPian

Just when you think a model has breathed its last, Maruti comes in and breathes new life into it...again!

I was ready to bash this car to pieces. After the last major revamp of the Wagon R, I was convinced there was no new way to freshen this 10 year old platform.

But now that I look at these pics - I like it!
Old 14th April 2010, 10:31   #238
Senior - BHPian

This face-lift looks better than previous face-lift in 2006.
Waistline molding on rear door is small in length, it makes rear door appear small whereas it shouldn't be as rear quarter glass is now part of rear door.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:37   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
Definitely better than current WagonR. Thanks sidindica for sharing the pictures. I had been told by couple of WagonR owners that vehicle is not stable when it is above 100 kmph. Is this issue taken care in the new vehicle or will it be same in the new one as well?

The other weired thing I heard is Alto is better than WagonR in handling at high speeds (the person who told this is an amateur).

Please through some light on both the queries.
I own a Wagon-R and have been driving the same since 3 years. Have also driven an Alto and i also feel the same as mentioned above.

PS : I have not driven the Alto at speeds in excess of 100 kmph, but have a gut feeling that being low slung, the body roll factor may not be there in Alto.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Just when you think a model has breathed its last, Maruti comes in and breathes new life into it...again!

I was ready to bash this car to pieces. After the last major revamp of the Wagon R, I was convinced there was no new way to freshen this 10 year old platform.
This is an all new model based on the 4th gen. WagonR currently sold in Japan. So there is nothing old in this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed