Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 12:42   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It looks somewhat BIGGER than the old WagonR, specially that interior shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The vehicle looks much bigger than the current WagonR from the pictures. Bigger in the sense its longer, wider and taller. So expect loads of room inside.
If these are indeed the dimensions of the new WagonR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The overall length of the car is now increased to 3,595 mm with a wheelbase of 2,400 mm - the longest in its class. The width and height of the new WagonR has also gone up 1,495 mm (?) and 1,700 mm, respectively.
... it's ~3" longer, ~1" wider, & ~1.5" taller than the current WagonR. While the length's been increased by almost 3", wheelbase has increased by only ~1.5".

Quote:
Just hope its wide enough for 3 people at the back. It got good road presence for its segment.
I don't think so, it's wider than the current model by just 0.8".

Quote:
The i10 pales in comparison.
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newwagonrdimcomparisons.jpg

Clearly the target of the new WagonR is the phenomenally successful i10. That said, the WagonR, true to its Kei-car roots, is a great city car - my erstwhile boss owns a Honda-CRV (among other cars) but still prefers his WagonR for the office commute !
Old 20th April 2010, 14:27   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
but the pic in the Carwale link below which has been launched in japan may look like a decent work from maruti in bringing in a fresh new WagonR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Kindly go through the thread. maruti has totally reworked the suspension for a smoother ride.
Guys, its not a rework. Its the all new generation international WagonR! The side profile, changes in dimension, interior etc are a complete give-away.

What beats me is why Maruti made cosmetic changes to the front and rear to make it resemble the current WagonR. Some type of brand identity?

@dhall_gagan: Thats the Stingray, and not the regular WagonR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
... it's ~3" longer, ~1" wider, & ~1.5" taller than the current WagonR. While the length's been increasedly almost 3", wheelbase has increased by only ~1.5".
Thanks for sharing. Source of these specs?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th April 2010 at 14:33.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:11   #303
BANNED

More pics

Source: Indianautosblog
Attached Thumbnails
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr1.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr2.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr3.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr4.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr6.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr7.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr8.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr9.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-newmarutiwagonr10.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by romeomidhun : 20th April 2010 at 16:14.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:29   #304
SCH
BHPian

The New Wagon R has a more meaner look compared to the earlier one. For straight front profile it has a resemblance to a MPV vehicle ex. Qualis.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:38   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, the earlier WagonR had a much better looking front than the latest one. The front and the rear overhangs have been further reduced (see 7 and 8 pic). Seems that the rear glass area has also been increased, the tail lamp now touches the rear window glass (8 pic)

The new one looks too rounded, more like Estilo, the earlier one looked like a mini SUV, the lower air dam is just passe, last model looked better than this one from the front.

Last edited by shantanumishra : 20th April 2010 at 16:45.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:57   #306
BHPian

The front of the old Wagon-R looks much much better to me. Refreshed interiors of the new Wgaon-R are welcome.

The front of the new Wagon-R just looks like the new Estilo.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 20th April 2010 at 16:58.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:25   #307
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
The front of the old Wagon-R looks much much better to me. Refreshed interiors of the new Wgaon-R are welcome.

The front of the new Wagon-R just looks like the new Estilo.
You are right about the front being much better in the old model. But I only hope the ride quality is better. when do you feel the journos would have the test rides as launch date is so near and I do not understand any detailed report coming or maruti is keeping it a surprise element.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:41   #308
Senior - BHPian

The LX looks pathetic and even more downmarket on those puny and skinny wheels.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:55   #309
Senior - BHPian

I would like to contradict my earlier comments regarding the looks. The refreshed looks have made it bit uglier than the existing model especially in the base model. The Santro Xing looks muck better... isn't it Sidindica.

But, all depends on utility, i.e. the interior & bootspace, which could be its trump cards.
Old 20th April 2010, 18:33   #310
BHPian

Happened to see a lot of new Wagon-'s at the Sai Service stockyard here at Porvorim-Goa. A salesman had just arrived at the site and was more than happy to show me the vehicle from all angles, inside and outside. My initial observations:

* Those who love the large luggage space in the rear of the old Wagon-R will be a disappointed lot. The luggage space in the new Wagon-R looks certainly smaller than the old edition. However, I don't know the exact space in litres, but the curvy luggage box will certainly reduce the usable space. A disappointment for me, as I really loved the large luggage space in the old Wagon.

* Of interest are little pockets of space all over the cabin. Open the flimsy cover that hides the spare tyre and you will find a small compartment on the left to store odd things.

* The VXI model has an interesting 'basket' hidden below the passenger's seat in front. Simply recline the back rest fully and pull out the lower seat out. You will find a "shopping basket" neatly placed below. Useful to store vehicle documents or one of those small netbooks. The basket can also be removed and well...taken for shopping!

* Cup holders are provided on the dash board. Simply pull them (one on either side of the dash) to place a cup.

* The integrated player did not sound as nice as the one provided on the Figo. All four speaker slots are provided on the four doors.

* The electrical knob to adjust the side mirrors are located on the driver's door. Seemed to look like one of those Chinese rotary knobs and did not feel very solid.

* Was surprised to find no day/night mirror on the Wagon-R. I don't think even the VXI had this D/N mirror.

* The VXI has power windows on all four doors, as opposed to the old Wagon-R.

* The front doors are huge and ingress-egress is even better than before. The salesman told me that there is more sitting space at the cost of luggage space in the new Wagon-R.

* The Wagon-R has new colours added to its spectrum. While I don't know the official colour tags, I saw a Wagon-R's in dark gray, blue, maroon, white and silver at the stockyard.

The salesman was not aware of the pricing and said it would be available on April 23. Going by the Maruti label, I expect a number of customers lining up to pick up their Wagon-R's.

By the way, the salesman also told me that there has been a huge demand for the Eeco. The waiting period is now between 1.5-2 months.

Last edited by misquitas : 20th April 2010 at 18:35.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:06   #311
BHPian

Quote:
I see the rear seat head rests almost near the rear glass. Is the boot space less to liberate more space for rear passengers?
Misquitas, I felt the rear space to be less when I saw sidindica's pics. If the boot space is any less than the older version, I am really disappointed.

BTW, did you sit in the rear seat and see how spacious and comfortable they are?
Old 20th April 2010, 19:34   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes I think so too. In my recent visit to England, I found a few Suzuki WagonRs. During my last visit in 2003, they were branded as Vauxhall Agila, but it looks like they've restored the original name in the recent past.
'The Opel Agila is a city car, a badge-engineered version of the Suzuki Wagon-R and Suzuki Splash manufactured by Magyar Suzuki and sold by German automarker Opel." - Source Wikipedia

Thus brand names, Wagon R & Vauxhall Agila are owned by Suzuki & GM respectively.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:51   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Fraz33r, have you taken Chevy Beat for a ride? Its a great pick in the current market of hatches and has some great colors too and an absolute VFM
I know that it is a VFM; but my terms of VFM(space;vision;ease; no claustrophobicsity are now correctly matched up with Figo, and with the new WagonR i dont want to loose (to choose) a car which was once a best seller for the same criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
^^
There is no comparison in term of space with any "VFM" hatches available in India.

When it comes to elderly, space matters!!!

Indeed +1 to that; I will definitely need some help from BHPians, and expect a query from me, in the What CAR section! when my financial pot tanks up.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:22   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Misquitas, I felt the rear space to be less when I saw sidindica's pics. If the boot space is any less than the older version, I am really disappointed.

BTW, did you sit in the rear seat and see how spacious and comfortable they are?
The boot space is indeed smaller than the older Wagon-R and hence, I too am disappointed by this reduction in boot space. I was told that the boot space has been reduced to maximize the sitting space.

I did sit in the rear seat for only a few seconds. The salesman tried to impress me on the legroom space, with the driver's seat pulled behind. I must admit that there was decent rear legroom space (I'm 5.11). I could not gauge the comfort factor as I sat for only a few seconds and I was not too happy sitting on the plastic.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:25   #315
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The boot space is indeed smaller than the older Wagon-R and hence, I too am disappointed by this reduction in boot space. I was told that the boot space has been reduced to maximize the sitting space.

I did sit in the rear seat for only a few seconds. The salesman tried to impress me on the legroom space, with the driver's seat pulled behind. I must admit that there was decent rear legroom space (I'm 5.11). I could not gauge the comfort factor as I sat for only a few seconds and I was not too happy sitting on the plastic.
What was the overall feel sitting inside the new Wagon R as compared to Santro or i10.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks