Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 01:56   #316
Team-BHP Support

The panel gap from the bonnet to the fender looks huge in the pics.

The black front grill and bumper treatment does not go well with this car.
Old 21st April 2010, 02:45   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
I did sit in the rear seat for only a few seconds. The salesman tried to impress me on the legroom space, with the driver's seat pulled behind.
@misquitas; Someone had posted a pic of the seats sliding into the boot section of the WagonR (I was not able to locate it though.) I have attached a pic which shows that the rear seat slides back into the boot section. Is there any possibility that this feature has been incorporated in the Wagon?

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-untitled.jpg
Old 21st April 2010, 11:51   #318
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
@misquitas; Someone had posted a pic of the seats sliding into the boot section of the WagonR (I was not able to locate it though.) I have attached a pic which shows that the rear seat slides back into the boot section. Is there any possibility that this feature has been incorporated in the Wagon?

Attachment 333959
Not clear from the spy pics. However, IMO Maruti will be better off launching the car as a 5-seater instead of 4.

Last time, Maruti was killed by Hyundai in its ads saying Santro is a 5 seater, and WagonR is a 4 seater (Although interior space doesnt differ by much), till they came out with the refresh! WagonR first came out with unique rear seats which had reclining feature just like the front seats, but this made it a 4 seater!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st April 2010 at 11:53.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:09   #319
Senior - BHPian

Will this upgrade have the LPG option or is it stopped ?
Petrol prices are surely going to be hiked steeply due to deregulation of petrol & diesel. Now gaseous fuels makes much more sense and it is eco-friendly also.

Last edited by tj123 : 21st April 2010 at 12:09. Reason: typo
Old 21st April 2010, 12:11   #320
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Will this upgrade have the LPG option or is it stopped ?
Petrol prices are surely going to be hiked steeply due to deregulation of petrol & diesel. Now gaseous fuels makes much more sense and it is eco-friendly also.
Intially it is only being launched with a petrol option, I guess the LPG option would b introduced at a later date / stage.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:46   #321
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki site now shows a teaser image and ticker for New Wagon-R (The Blue Eyed Boy) launch.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:09   #322
BHPian

Rear recline seat

Does the new 2010 Wagon R have the rear recline and split seat? First generation Wagon R in India had this special feature, the front and rear seat together in combination use to turn into a bed which was very useful in long drives. Will they re-introduce this feature akin to magic seats of Jazz? In fact in one of the pics posted in this thread, I feel this feature is still available in Japanese version.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:50   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Maruti Suzuki site now shows a teaser image and ticker for New Wagon-R (The Blue Eyed Boy) launch.
Maruti WagonR website is also showing a teaser image Maruti WagonR - The Blue Eyed Boy - Coming Soon

Last edited by BhaskarKumar : 22nd April 2010 at 10:51.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:19   #324
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
Maruti WagonR website is also showing a teaser image Maruti WagonR - The Blue Eyed Boy - Coming Soon
Autos maxabout.com also has information and pictures on their website with expected price range . Lx 3.6, Lxi 3.9 and Vxi 4.25 lakhs. Maruti New WagonR LXi, Review, Price, Maruti Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:48   #325
Senior - BHPian

At 4.25 Lakhs for the VXi, the new WagonR would turn out to be terrible value for money. The infinitely better looking Chevvy Beat comes for 4.23 Lakh on road top end petrol. I expect the VXi to be priced no more than 4 Lakhs, Ex-Showroom.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:50   #326
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The infinitely better looking Chevvy Beat comes for 4.23 Lakh on road top end petrol.
WagonR is a case of function over form. Unlike all other small cars, this is one car that doesnt care about design!

For eg: In the beat, the had to go for high waistline which decreases rear glass area. The fancy rear door handles further reduced glass area, making it slightly claustrophobic. Same for the thick C pillars. But it all looks good from the outside. The high set dashboard oozes style, but reduces visibility for shorter drivers. All in all, it is one incredibly stylish hatch, but has its own functional compromises.

I dont even think Suzuki hired designers for WagonR. Engineers came up with a design to maximize function and utility, and rounded of the edges. Just look at the rear door (of previous gen) for example. It can't get any vertical than that (Unless its on a bus ) !

But what it does is- liberate huge glass area, easiest entry/ exit, loads of storage areas, enormous head room even at the rear, easy to judge corners. All these make WagonR (Santro as well!) one of the simpler hatches to drive around (Specially, for the middle & old aged)! Hopefully, this new generation stays true to those basics.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 22nd April 2010 at 14:55.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:54   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Autos maxabout.com also has information and pictures on their website with expected price range . Lx 3.6, Lxi 3.9 and Vxi 4.25 lakhs. Maruti New WagonR LXi, Review, Price, Maruti Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants
I don't think this pricing is right. When Ritz Lxi before discounts is available for 3.98 ex showroom, who would be looking at the similarly speced WagonR Lxi at 3.90?

Ideally if at all there is any overlap, it woul only be between the WagonR Vxi ABS and the Ritz Lxi. Spec to spec, the price difference between the outgoing model and the new WagonR, IMO, won't be more than 10k .

Last edited by longhorn : 22nd April 2010 at 15:56.
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:32   #328
SCH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
I don't think this pricing is right. When Ritz Lxi before discounts is available for 3.98 ex showroom, who would be looking at the similarly speced WagonR Lxi at 3.90?

Ideally if at all there is any overlap, it woul only be between the WagonR Vxi ABS and the Ritz Lxi. Spec to spec, the price difference between the outgoing model and the new WagonR, IMO, won't be more than 10k .
I guess these are the onroad prices in Mumbai......as mentioned on the link; Hopefully your assessment is right.....
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:19   #329
Senior - BHPian

New Wagon R full brochure

presenting the blue eyed boy
Mods: kindly modify the title to include the page where the brochure has been uploaded
Attached Thumbnails
(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04436.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04437.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04438.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04439.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04440.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04441.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04442.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04443.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04444.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04445.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04446.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04447.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04448.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04449.jpg  

(Wagon R)ecreationally clicked - New Wagon R Scoop Pics EDIT: Brochure on pg 22-dsc04450.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 22nd April 2010 at 18:36.
Old 22nd April 2010, 18:25   #330
Senior - BHPian

Kudos... scoopman. Please get hands at the final pricing as well or I am too eager to wait for a day even.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks