Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:29   #46
BHPian

Skoda should launch this even for the limited numbers it would fetch:

From a UK Skoda dealer site:
vRS Open Weekend 'All Invited' - Thursday 29th July. Friday 30th July. Saturday 31st July.
Introducing the New Skoda vRS Fabia!!!

The new vRS is the fastest production Fabia ever built, building on its predecessors reputation for high performance, low running costs and remarkable value for money.
Available as a hatch and estate, the vRS is powered by the fantastic 1.4 TSI 180bhp engine, with a seven-speed DSG transmission, with ESP, HHC (hill hold control) and XDS.
Acceleration from 0-62mph takes a little over 7 seconds and, (where the law permits), has a top speed of up to 140 mph!

Last edited by GTO : 4th August 2010 at 09:40. Reason: Removed naked FONT tags. Please don't cut-copy-paste from other word processors
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:48   #47
BHPian

I just hope its a 4 pot petrol engine, other wise Fabia is a really good package, well worth the asking price.
Old 28th August 2010, 20:17   #48
BHPian

Had been to Skoda showroom today to enquire about Fabia, since Polo had a 4 months waiting time! Loved the way i was treated by skoda guys, the SE was quite impressive in explaining the features in details (trust me, real detail; went on to show the rear AC vents below the front seats!). When i asked about the service, well he did try his best to explain that it is quite better now!!

Nyways, he also mentioned that New Fabia will be launching in Oct 10, using the same VW 1.2 Petrol and Diesel engines. He mentioned the existing 1.4 Diesel is a piece of art when it comes to power delivery and if i am a diesel head and power freak, i should go for it !!! Over all i was really impressed by the SE and for a moment thought of booking it too, but then since there wasnt a test drive vehicle available, passed it on. He has promised to bring the vehicle to my office on monday for the TD, lets see how it goes

Last edited by Butters : 28th August 2010 at 20:18.
Old 28th August 2010, 22:43   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
A pic of facelifted fabia under test has appeared on the internet, courtesy the guys at velociti magazine.
pic sourced from motoroids.

SCOOP:Skoda Fabia 2010 - Motoroids.com
Looks like the change is a sharper headlight and new bumpers.

if fabia is priced 5.8 to 6.3 for a variant with 1airbag,ac,ps,4door pw and cl then its a sure hit,but before that the skoda needs to revamp the dealers and their mind set.

thought they offer quality product ,the reliability is still an issue.i had gone to TD the fabia when i wanted to decide between fabia and swift ,the TD fabia's AC didnt work and it was a new car.

Even my friends fabia had a AC failure within an year of purchase and fixing them is very expensive.

All the best SKODA !
Old 15th September 2010, 17:22   #50
BHPian

I just got a call from the Skoda dealer that new Skoda Fabia getting launched on 25th Sept 2010 and will be priced lower than the earlier version. They will have all the details by 20th Sept.
Old 16th September 2010, 00:06   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the right time for Skoda to bring in a RS version of the Fabia. They have access to the 105hp Diesel engine sold under the hood of the VW Vento(Remember they are manufactured in the same factory).

The biggest flaw in the current Fabia is the choice of Engines on offer, the Petrol are known to be very sensitive to our fuel and the PD Diesel engine is too crude and unrefined for a car sold in 2010. With the engines from the Polo(both Petrol and CR diesel) the Fabia will have its biggest shortcoming covered.

But Skoda needs to price this car very carefully considering the competition. The Fabia already has a very good Ride and Handling package, plus the Interior quality and space is amongst the best ones in segment.
Old 16th September 2010, 11:35   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
This is the right time for Skoda to bring in a RS version of the Fabia.
If Fabia brings in this engine with the DSG it'd really make the Fabia a very nice city car but for now Skoda seems to be intent on using the Fabia to compete in the B+ segments (read as stripping of features and making it cheaper).
Old 16th September 2010, 15:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

Got this piece of news from the skoda dealership :
New fabia to be launched by end september / early october , and test driver will be available by 1st week of october.
1.2 petrol and diesel engines
Increased ground clearance
Beige interiors even on base variant
reduction in price.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:56   #54
BHPian

Post deleted by Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th September 2010 at 22:01. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the post.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Skoda has confirmed that the 2010 Fabia facelift will be launched on the 24th of September 2010.

Scoop pics from Motoroids
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-2010skodafabiafaceliftfrontstaticscoop.jpg  

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-2010skodafabiafaceliftfrontthreequarterstaticscoop.jpg  

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-2010skodafabiafaceliftinteriors.jpg  

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-2010skodafabiafaceliftradiatorgrillestaticscoop.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 17th September 2010, 10:39   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno View Post
I noticed that all 3 Fabia's had different badging at the rear viz HTP, 16V and TDI. Looks like we will 2 petrol's and 1 diesel similar to when Fabia was orginally launched
16V sounds familiar. I hope (and am pretty sure) it's not the infamous 1.4 petrol that had to be pulled out of the market due to "it's low tolerance to Indian fuel quality". Is this the 1.6 Petrol from Polo?

Last edited by CBlazer : 17th September 2010 at 10:47.
Old 17th September 2010, 14:26   #57
BHPian

Just saw a hoarding in my town regarding the launch of new skoda fabia.
They say the prices are going to start from Rs.4.5 Lakh.
It means the car is going to be launched in the coming week.
Let's see what surprises skoda's got for us this time.

Regards
Braveheart
Old 18th September 2010, 19:09   #58
Senior - BHPian

Saw the new fabia on CnB Show today . The car looks a bit wider , thanks to the new facia . I liked the way chin is given the treatment .The interiors are top notch .
Old 18th September 2010, 23:48   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Saw the new fabia on CnB Show today . The car looks a bit wider , thanks to the new facia . I liked the way chin is given the treatment .The interiors are top notch .
Plainly irritated with that presentation! The guy did not utter a word about the engines, and then there was that ticker flash blocking half the screen throughout! Don't these guys ever watch what they make?!

As a Fabia owner, I have felt that several features would go missing in the new version, the rear window de-foggers are already off. Here's my guess list of things that will be missing:

1. Heaters in ORVM(Siddarth did mention something about electric adjust too)
2. Seat height adjust for co-passenger
3. Second interior map light
4. illumination in either the glove box, or boot
5. pretensioners for front seat belts

Afterall, these features are missing in the Polo.
Also the steering is electro-hydraulic against Polo's EPS (Vento has electro-hydraulic), and the current Fabia also has a safety feature called EBC (Engine Braking Control) which seems to be missing in Polo. Perhaps the new Fabia will miss these two also. Really sad if these two are lost.

I expected a USB and Bluetooth in the new version, but since the Polo doesn't have these, no questions asked.
Old 19th September 2010, 11:03   #60
BHPian

Guys

I am pasting the link of the car & bike show on NDTV profit.For those who are interested to see the new skoda fabia kindly paste this link in your browser and enjoy the video.

Tubaah: Skoda Yeti finally arrives

Regards
braveheart

Most Viewed