Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 11:39   #61
BHPian

Looking fwd to GTO's candid review of the facelifted Fabia with the new engines. It will be an interesting read for sure and might ruffle a few feathers in the VW camp.
Old 20th September 2010, 12:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart_77 View Post
Just saw a hoarding in my town regarding the launch of new skoda fabia.
They say the prices are going to start from Rs.4.5 Lakh.

I need you to confirm this news. A picture of the hoarding perhaps!! The outgoing Fabia ranges from 5.5 to roughly 8 lakhs. A one lakh cut in price is highly doubtful!!

Please verify and reply asap!

Cheers!

Cartman.
Old 20th September 2010, 12:30   #63
BHPian

The quality of interior materials used in the pre-facelifted model was absolutely top-rate, it didn't look any different from the Laura, Jetta and co., to feel and touch. The same was never the case with Polo, it looked distinctly cheaper compared to the next segment from its own stable. Only problem with Fabia all this while is its lethargic and unrefined engines. Hope the quality of interior parts remain and 4 cylinder engines too are introduced in the package to make this the best small car in the country.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:34   #64
BHPian

@cartman

I have received a local brochure in yesterday's newspaper.In which they are selling the base Fabia Activa model @ Rs.4.44 lakhs.I think the dealers are trying to dispose of the old stock before the new model is launched.
Old 20th September 2010, 18:35   #65
BHPian

Oh. Its the outgoing model for 4 and half lakhs. I thought it was the new one! My bad!!

Thanks anyway!

Cheers!

Cartman.
Old 21st September 2010, 00:50   #66
Senior - BHPian

@v.anand I fear that might exactly what will happen.The quality of interiors might go down a few notches.I think what skoda is trying to do is to increase the localisation of fabia to reduce the cost of production,and might try to cut some corners.
Old 21st September 2010, 09:43   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Here's my guess list of things that will be missing:

1. Heaters in ORVM(Siddarth did mention something about electric adjust too)
2. Seat height adjust for co-passenger
3. Second interior map light
4. illumination in either the glove box, or boot
5. pretensioners for front seat belts

Afterall, these features are missing in the Polo.
Add the flat wiper blades to the list
Old 22nd September 2010, 18:12   #68
BHPian

Hey guys had been to Skoda Prabhadevi, and the sales rep informed that the new models will be launched in the first week of october. The sad news is he said the dual airbags wont be standard. It will just be a standard driver airbag. Also the 1.6 powerplant is coming only in the top of the line variant. Further the rep alsoo mentioned that tif current trim of interiors and most of the features of the existing elegance variant will now be in the ambient version of the new range. Price for the basic model is 4.5 ex thane, which should roughly translate into 5.4 OTR mumbai. Just hoping there is not a major cut in features.

Last edited by MihirC : 22nd September 2010 at 18:15.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:04   #69
Senior - BHPian

any news on the launch tomorrow
any scoops i visited the dealer but they were very tight lipped about the launch
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:33   #70
BHPian

The facelifted version of Fabia looks somwhat similar to Superb, looks really solid. Good thing is that they have finally added the fog lamps. The car looks bit wider that the existing version.
Is there going to be any engine upgrades on this car ??
Any guesses on its NEW price ??
As per the discussion above, Fabia Active is available @ 4.4L; are they have geared up to clear all the old stock of Fabia's that they have & then launch a new facelifted version ??
Old 24th September 2010, 22:25   #71
BHPian

One plus point with the existing Fabia is the availability of air bags as standard in all variants(Unlike Polo). The new polo with polo's 1.2 petrol engine will be a VFM if they didn't compromise the quality. I think the current discounted price will be the price of new ones. In that case it will be better option than Polo(except ground clearence).
Old 25th September 2010, 11:02   #72
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Been closely following this thread. Did the launch happen yesterday? The Skoda site seems to have no information on the new Fabia still. Hope they do justice by bringing in a good petrol motor for the petrol heads and a fuel efficient diesel motor for the fuel conscious market.

Enquired through a friend at the Skoda Dealership here and they didnt gve out any information either, instead were offering the outgoing fabia at mouth water discounts.

Cheers!

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 25th September 2010 at 11:03.
Old 25th September 2010, 11:12   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
The new polo with polo's 1.2 petrol engine will be a VFM if they didn't compromise the quality.
I don't think the current Polo engine will do any wonders to the Fabia unless it is heavily stripped and kerb weight brought down by atleast 100-125 kgs.

Fabia is almost 150kgs heavier than Polo. To offset that the current fabia engine is tuned to have peak torque at lower rpms(108Nm @3000 rpm), and hence loses out a fair share of its power. Even Punto 1.2 Fire is similarly tuned.
Old 25th September 2010, 13:50   #74
Team-BHP Support

So is it that the 1.6 is the same Polo engine which comes to the top end of Fabia?
Old 25th September 2010, 15:05   #75
BHPian

Yes Ampere, from what the sales staff informed me both the 1.2 & 1.6 mill would be the same as polo. Though he was a bit unsure whether there would be a classic and ambiente 1.2 and an elegance 1.6 or three 1.2 engines in all variants and one 1.6 only in the top variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks