Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 15:34   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Yep. VW use the name TDI for both common rail and PD engines.

1.4 TDI is a 4 cylinder engine, so it will increase the price of the car, and we are a price-sensitive market!!
But Fabia diesel will sell at 8L. They should have a something more to offer than Polo on the engine front. Today even Figo has 1.4CRDI and at what price!

Some thing HAS to be done to maintain the difference in Fabia premium (if that is what VW want Indian buyer to believe).
Old 30th April 2010, 15:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats what even I have been saying. The Yeti TSI release can only get pre-empted by sales of other guys (Polo/Fabia etc) or launch of VW Golf.
Ampere,

We are talking about different segment cars here. I don't think that yeti sales will get canabalized by the others having the same engines. Some one who wants/needs the extra space in a sift roarer will not buy a polo/fabia or even a golf for that matter! Eventually we may just see a plethora of cars/engine options from the VAG stable for the polo/fabia/vento/octavia/golf. Maybe the Yeti will share petrol engines with the golf and none of the others. Bottom line is that it is too early to tell what we'll be getting. But I'd gladly pay 9 lacs for a 1.4tsi polo!!!!!
Old 30th April 2010, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Hi I was speaking to the Skoda's guys today. I had a Query on BS4 Norms, so had sent a mail.

Got a prompt reply from them. But unfortunately there are no Skoda Fabia launches going to be for next few months.

The 1.2 Petrol engine is still in production and currently is not BS 4 standard.

Really these guys are sleeping when most of the other hatchbacks have launched BS 4 engines.
Old 30th April 2010, 18:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Ampere,

We are talking about different segment cars here. I don't think that yeti sales will get canabalized by the others having the same engines. Some one who wants/needs the extra space in a sift roarer will not buy a polo/fabia or even a golf for that matter! Eventually we may just see a plethora of cars/engine options from the VAG stable for the polo/fabia/vento/octavia/golf. Maybe the Yeti will share petrol engines with the golf and none of the others. Bottom line is that it is too early to tell what we'll be getting. But I'd gladly pay 9 lacs for a 1.4tsi polo!!!!!
@Imp!, I think you got me wrong. What I intended to say was that 1.2TSI Yeti will arrive only when VW plans to start TSI production in India. Which means either they launch a 1.2TSI Polo or Golf.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:56   #20
BHPian

Came across a news article Skoda Fabia has sold 264173 globally. Number looks very impressive.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:34   #21
BHPian

During the course of booking my Polo i had a long discussion with the salesperson regarding the maintenance of the car and was often comparing it with fabia since VW is the parent company of skoda. he told me that soon fabia will be launched with the same petrol engine as polo and its maintenance will come down considerably. a mild refresh can certainly come with this engine change.
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:07   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
During the course of booking my Polo i had a long discussion with the salesperson regarding the maintenance of the car and was often comparing it with fabia since VW is the parent company of skoda. he told me that soon fabia will be launched with the same petrol engine as polo and its maintenance will come down considerably. a mild refresh can certainly come with this engine change.
Just a basic doubt. Pardon my ignorance. How much can change in engine alone bring down the maintenance cost? It should be the price of other spares as well right?
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just a basic doubt. Pardon my ignorance. How much can change in engine alone bring down the maintenance cost? It should be the price of other spares as well right?
I was also checking with Skoda and VW dealers. The cost of spares are going to come down because now Skoda will not have to pay import duties for spares.

But service cost is still higher. Fabia uses synthetic oil which is costlier and its labour charges are just too high. I doubt it coming down.

And even after a month I have not been able to get any details from VW dealers on spares and service cost.

Hope VW wont go the Skoda way.
Old 4th May 2010, 05:27   #24
Team-BHP Support

Does'nt look like it. They want to establish themselves as the volume people. Look at their moves on tie-ups with Maruti. Spares will be definitely cheaper. Let them publish it first.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
But service cost is still higher. Fabia uses synthetic oil which is costlier and its labour charges are just too high. I doubt it coming down.

Hope VW wont go the Skoda way.
One advantage of using synthetic oil is that service interval is 15,000 kms and spending around Rs 4200 for every 15,000 kms in my opinion is NOT too expensive also the trouble of taking the car to service center every 5,000 - 10,000 kms is also saved.

I've been using a diesel Fabia for the last 26 mnths / 58,000 kms and definitely do NOT find the service/maintenance cost prohibitive as sounded out by many here. Also, the car is as solid as it was on day one in spite of all the abuses it has endured..
Old 4th May 2010, 10:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shykrish View Post
One advantage of using synthetic oil is that service interval is 15,000 kms and spending around Rs 4200 for every 15,000 kms in my opinion is NOT too expensive also the trouble of taking the car to service center every 5,000 - 10,000 kms is also saved.

I've been using a diesel Fabia for the last 26 mnths / 58,000 kms and definitely do NOT find the service/maintenance cost prohibitive as sounded out by many here. Also, the car is as solid as it was on day one in spite of all the abuses it has endured..
I am in a process of finalizing between Fabia 1.2 Classic Petrol and Fiat Punto 1.2 Emotion Petrol.

Skoda Fabia's reviews are negative, but happened to speak to a few Fabia owners, they indeed seem to be happy. The responses of reviews and owners feedbacks are at two extreems. And has added to more confusion.

I called the Skoda guys and got some details of spares and service charges, after going through it, I found most of the cars end up at same service cost. Hence started a new thread yesterday.

It would be really nice if you can share the annual cost of ownership in the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...-end-year.html
Old 17th May 2010, 19:00   #27
Team-BHP Support

Spotted this Fabia and a Polo Sedan undergoing testing on Pune - Nagar Road. I am told this is the Fabia with the new Common Rail engine. Not different from the current version except for a minor face lift. Couldn't get pics from the front:

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-08052010899.jpg

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-08052010900.jpg
Old 17th May 2010, 20:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
I am in a process of finalizing between Fabia 1.2 Classic Petrol and Fiat Punto 1.2 Emotion Petrol.
If at all you need a 1.2 Petrol, why not Polo??
Old 17th May 2010, 21:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
If at all you need a 1.2 Petrol, why not Polo??
I got my Fabia 1.2 Petrol on Saturday.

My first choice was VW Polo but it looked like I wouldn't get the car in 4 months. Thats a very long waiting period.

As of now the Fabia is very comfortable and easy to handle. I know I have taken a big risk after reading all reviews. I took the risk since I loved the car a lot. Its safety features and road handling is excellent.

But one advice for any new buyers of Fabia. Buy it only if you like the car after takinfg the TD but don't ever keep any expectations from its dealers or to that matter Skoda also.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Spy shot-facelifted fabia in India

A pic of facelifted fabia under test has appeared on the internet, courtesy the guys at velociti magazine.
pic sourced from motoroids.

SCOOP:Skoda Fabia 2010 - Motoroids.com
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-2010_new_skoda_fabia_india.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks