Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2010, 00:36   #91
BHPian

Well its is getting launched for sure, confirmed by the dealer as well as current ACI issue. My only worry is will the 1.6 be priced higher than the polo 1.6(considering the previous elegance model was selling for around 7.4L OTR) or lower. Space wise, especially the rear seat is much much better than the polo. If they price it around 6.5L OTR mumbai then enthusiasts will buy it for sure. If you ask me the only basic things I would require in a car are PS, front and rear PW and a good engine and ofcourse European built to do justice to the engine.

Last edited by MihirC : 4th October 2010 at 00:38.
Old 4th October 2010, 02:16   #92
Team-BHP Support

Only worries are the usual horror stories of the cars breaking in between the highway! Some how can never over come that aspect. Always weighs in the mind. Fabia 1.6 is the best one can think off otherwise.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:00   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Only worries are the usual horror stories of the cars breaking in between the highway! Some how can never over come that aspect. Always weighs in the mind. Fabia 1.6 is the best one can think off otherwise.
Has it happened with the present Fabia (1.2 HTP and 1.4 TDi)? The earlier 1.4 petrol was discontinued after several such complaints (which Skoda blamed on the quality of fuel in India).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Ironically , the POLO is cheaper than FABIA , which is an unseen phenomenon in any part of the world !
Not true! Atleast from the day Polo was in the market Skoda has been offering fantastic discounts from the show room price. When I bought mine three months back, the Ambiente was less than Polo Highline by atleast 30,000 OTR. The new Fabia is widely anticipated to be priced below Polo.

Yesterday I saw an ad for Fabia: FREE ROAD TAX AND INSURANCE till stocks last. Not sure if this is over and above the 50000 discount on the showroom price that was already on. Any body has info?! Does free Insurance mean the Skoda Shield insurance? I doubt if this free road tax offer applies in B'lore.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:07   #94
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure of the actual status. Its still a psychological barrier, which somehow I can never cross.
I know I would be in the wrong saying that, but I cannot help it.

Last edited by ampere : 4th October 2010 at 14:09.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:34   #95
SCH
BHPian

Skoda to launch new Fabia on 12th October | Goa On Wheels

According to the above link the new Fabia is being launched on 12 th October with 1.2 litre petrol and diesel engine and also a 1.6 l diesel similar to the one VW Polo.
Old 5th October 2010, 13:24   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
Skoda to launch new Fabia on 12th October | Goa On Wheels

According to the above link the new Fabia is being launched on 12 th October with 1.2 litre petrol and diesel engine and also a 1.6 l diesel similar to the one VW Polo.
I think you meant 1.6l petrol right SCH?
Old 9th October 2010, 23:32   #97
BHPian

skoda confirms launch on 12th oct' - Source

Meanwhile, has anyone tried out the festival-monsoon camp?
Supposedly a free check up, with interior and exterior cleaning and polishing. I'm taking mine this monday.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:44   #98
Senior - BHPian

fabia launch tomorrow
  • 1.2 petrol
  • 1.6 petrol
  • 1.2 TDI
  • all polo motors
variants
  • classic
  • ambiente
  • elegence
prices unknown but are expected to be cheaper. The models have been decontented.
Old 12th October 2010, 11:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Any body has info?! Does free Insurance mean the Skoda Shield insurance? I doubt if this free road tax offer applies in B'lore.
Why they are linking insurance with warranty? Does any part replacement against warranty will be considered as claim? I have made this query and no answer from skoda.
Old 12th October 2010, 12:15   #100
PCS
BHPian

Guys, skoda website shows a pic of New fabia

the link is www.newskodafabia.co.in.

I tried the website is not working
Old 12th October 2010, 13:30   #101
BHPian

Fabia launched. Full price details with pictures.

Fabia launched

skoda 1.2 mpi classi @ 4.19 lakhs, ambiente @ 4.69 lakhs and elegance @ 5.50 lakhs

EX SHOWROOM Maharashtra

skoda 1.2 TDI classic @ 5.23 lakhs, ambiente @ 5.73 lakhs and elegance @ 6.49 lakhs

EX SHOWROOM Maharashtra .

And the best of all Skoda Fabia Elegance 1.6 MPI @ 5.99 lakhs (Ex Showroom New Delhi) and 5.81 lakhs (Ex Showroom Maharashtra)

Source: www.rushlane.com
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-phpg1ql7pnewfabia2.jpg  

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-phpmjnyyjnewfabia.jpg  

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-phpodwxlznewfabia3.jpg  

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7-phpshde0cnewfabia1.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 14th October 2010 at 12:04. Reason: Source Mentioned
Old 12th October 2010, 13:57   #102
BHPian

Nice pricing now. I just hope that 1.6 MPI does not give any problem the way 1.4 MPI did. One of my friend had this car and the day I sat behind the wheels of this car, since then been one of my favourite car in that segment (even after going through all the horror stories of skoda). I hope skoda does not repeat its mistake in their second innings of fabia.
Old 12th October 2010, 14:07   #103
BHPian

Nice pricing. Feature wise the elegance is similar to the out going ambiente. Good that they are offering Airbags in all the variants.
Overall is the new fabia cheaper than the polo? I guess so.
Old 12th October 2010, 14:25   #104
BHPian

In an effort to better their A**, the dealerships will be increased by/to 80 till this year end. Hope to see more of JMDs in mumbai with the same level of honesty and transparency as they have now.

Last edited by MihirC : 12th October 2010 at 14:26.
Old 12th October 2010, 14:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

The Fabia makes more sense than the Polo as it is priced cheaper and has more features -
  • Driver airbag standard
  • Aux-in for music system
  • Vanity mirrors for passengers
  • boot lamp
  • rear reading light
  • illuminated glove box
  • Passenger airbag in the mid-model
  • Auto door locking at a certain speed

Not to forget that is has more cabin space as well as boot space.
I also like the steering and handling of the Fabia compared to the Polo.

Does Polo have any feature which is not there in the fabia? I guess not. Only thing is Polo HL comes with 15" wheels compared to the 14" of the Fabia
Seems like they have skimped some of the features like electric mirrors. Also, I did not see any mention of the rear wiper and defogger. Don't tell me they have removed such an important feature.

Overall a big thumbs up!
If only Skoda had a better A.S.S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks