Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2010, 21:11   #151
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The new Fabia thread is up and running. All the details available in there.
We can merge all the contents there.
Hi, can you please provide the link of the new thread?
Thankyou!
Old 13th October 2010, 22:50   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It takes courage for a company to slash prices as it's an indirect way of admitting that the product was over-priced and/or uncompetitive given the current scenario. As an adverse effect customers that have already paid a heft price for the Fabia loose faith in Skoda and will always be skeptical in the future of buying at full price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
well that makes the initial buyers of Fabia, feel cheated and robbed!
Having bought a Ambiente in June, knowing fully well that the new Fabia is just around the corner, you can understand my keenness in the launch of the new version - to know how far I am going to be disappointed/robbed/cheated! Truth be told, I am not, atleast certainly not on the price factor. The new Elegance quotes 5.65L (ex-showroom) in my city, against 5.66L I paid (after discounts). Trust me, my Ambiente is better featured than the current elegance (175/60 replacing 185/60 for instance). Few things I would've preferred from the new Fabia, like the tinted glass, and few I hate, such as Beige interiors. Things I would'nt mind losing, such as cooler vents in the glove box, and those I would've really missed, such as electric ORVMs (I use the left side control so frequently). So, no worries overall.

The only disappointment is about the engine, or atleast had I waited for two or three months more I would've got more discounts. If some one still feels like buying the earlier Fabia, this is the time. They are so so desperate to push them off the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Guys, does Polo highline have these two features?
I have searched Polo pages, website,.. No mention of EBC/MSR (motor speed regulation) or dual BA. Fabia had these already.
Old 13th October 2010, 23:49   #153
Senior - BHPian

Many people seem to think that Skoda has done a great job by reducing the prices of Fabia. But I guess they are missing the finer points.
Having done some research about Fabia during my pursuit of a new car, I beg to differ.
I agree with @2cents. The older Fabia Ambiente was available here at 6.8L OTR which has more features than the new Fabia Elegance that costs the same.

The only advantage of the new Fabia is a slightly better engine in terms of refinement (having driven the Polo and Fabia both) and may be FE(going by reports). The older Fabia engine had a better low end torque and hence better city driveability than the new Polo's engine.
One big plus is the new 1.6 engine which will offer best-in-class performance.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:26   #154
BHPian

Fabia 1.6 V/s Polo 1.6

hi

What should one go for between the Fabia and the Polo when you compare the 1.6 engines as part of the overall package. Has anyone done any analysis on the same??
Old 14th October 2010, 11:52   #155
BHPian

The state of tune for the engines is the same. I guess so are the features. But the gearbox of the polo is much more crispier and precise than fabia whereas the rear leg space is much much better in a fabia.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:57   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi

What should one go for between the Fabia and the Polo when you compare the 1.6 engines as part of the overall package. Has anyone done any analysis on the same??
I think there's not much to choose from either ways from a technical standpoint.

More importantly, which design do you like better ?

The interior quality and space of current gen Fabia is much much better than the polo, but we dont know yet how it is for the face lifted model.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:20   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
As an adverse effect customers that have already paid a heft price for the Fabia loose faith in Skoda and will always be skeptical in the future of buying at full price.
not necessarily..

as such the Fabia was not selling well and hence resale was also poor. with the price cuts , "HOPEFULLY" it sells better and becomes a "success" and resale should be easier and resale values should be better
Old 14th October 2010, 14:16   #158
BHPian

Skoda India should have atleast provided xenons, rear defogger/wash wipe on the 1.6 to meet ends with the POLO. In fact had they priced it 30k more and provided these features, it would outsell POLO by a fair margin. A hoot built like a tank for 7L OTR would have been bull's eye!!!

Another possibility to omit these on the Elegence trim maybe due to the chance that vRS edition might land here soon having these as standard.

Next year will be interesting as far as the Czech brand is concerned.
Old 14th October 2010, 14:35   #159
agm
BHPian

I had decided on Jazz which is suppose to be delivered to me on sunday (dushera) but now with this new fabia launch especially with 1.6 @ 6.9L onroad here at my place making me rethink about the Jazz.

I was looking for a premium hatch with decent engine , good enough space etc which Fabia fulfills to an extent. but then their are few downside as well like German reliability , A.*.S and high spare cost .

After going through GTO's thread about the german cars i am little scared .

What do you guys suggest?will it be a good idea to go with the fabia 1.6?

thanks
Old 14th October 2010, 15:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Mate I have the printed pricelist from Autobahn,Prabhadevi. The break-up given by me before is from that printout itself. The OTR is clearly mentioned as 6.10 L.I ll try and check up with JMD today to compare the prices, will update soon.
Mihir, the Prabhadevi showroom probably gave you the ex showroom price for Mumbai city limits (i.e Mumbai registration) as 6.1 L. Exclude the 5% octroi and you get the Maharashtra ex showroom price of 5.81 L. (i.e Thane registration)

Similarly the polo is priced at 6.32 L (ex showroom Mumbai with Octroi) and 6.02 L (ex showroom without Octroi)

For Navi Mumbai registration, you need to add 1% cess to the 'non octroi' ex showroom price.

Hope this clears up the confusion
Old 14th October 2010, 16:55   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
I had decided on Jazz which is suppose to be delivered to me on sunday (dushera) but now with this new fabia launch especially with 1.6 @ 6.9L onroad here at my place making me rethink about the Jazz.

I was looking for a premium hatch with decent engine , good enough space etc which Fabia fulfills to an extent. but then their are few downside as well like German reliability , A.*.S and high spare cost .

After going through GTO's thread about the german cars i am little scared .

What do you guys suggest?will it be a good idea to go with the fabia 1.6?

thanks

Why not test-drive the 1.6 and see if you like it.
Pretty sure you will, but since you are puting in your $$$ - you should be convinced about it.

The 1.6 mill is doing its job on the Polo since sometime now and we havent heard of any issues on the same so far - so you should be okay.

To add, there are many Fabia owners on the forum who are quite happy with the car (petrol / diesel both) and are also reasonably okay with the A.S.S. as well.

Last edited by jigbarai : 14th October 2010 at 16:57.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:01   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Mihir, the Prabhadevi showroom probably gave you the ex showroom price for Mumbai city limits (i.e Mumbai registration) as 6.1 L. Exclude the 5% octroi and you get the Maharashtra ex showroom price of 5.81 L. (i.e Thane registration)

Similarly the polo is priced at 6.32 L (ex showroom Mumbai with Octroi) and 6.02 L (ex showroom without Octroi)

For Navi Mumbai registration, you need to add 1% cess to the 'non octroi' ex showroom price.

Hope this clears up the confusion
Thanks Swale. It did clear up things a bit yeah. But If we agree that Ex-Mum is 6.10L then paying 84K for the OTR does seem a bit far fetched to me as for our Linea we had paid around 55k over the ex-mum price.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:06   #163
BHPian

Agreed, but the higher add on costs are probably due to the engine size. Once you cross 1.5 l, the insurance bracket changes, not sure about the registration.

Quoted add ons for the polo 1.6 are approximately 47000 for registration, 24000 for insurance (from the dealer - can get it for 17k independently) , 4k for 'handling charges'. Add an extra 5 as processing fees, stamp duty in case your opting for finance.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:07   #164
Senior - BHPian

Well the new Fabia and the new prices have caused quite a stir and its working on Fabias Favour. The slash in prices have resulted in lots of bookings I am told by agra dealer due to the festive season.

The mid variant Petrol which comes OTR at a shade around 5.25 lacs otr is a good VFM hatch !!
Old 14th October 2010, 17:24   #165
BHPian

@agm

my personal opinion stick to the Jazz. It is better in the longer run.

I have booked a polo 1.2; but if i had a choice and the money i would have chosen the Jazz even over the 1.6.

I also (again personal opinion)

Like the Seat (Magic seats) , Electric Mirrors and the coolable cup holder . I also think that Honda does follow the philosophy of Man Maximum Machine Minimum to the T and i like that philosophy

Last edited by sreedotk : 14th October 2010 at 17:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks