Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 14:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted Skoda Fabia on its way to india. EDIT: Now Launched, Details from Pg.7

Skoda Yeti and Refreshed Skoda Fabia Updates for Indian Market

Skoda Auto is planning to launch a new updated model of Skoda Fabia in the Indian market. The new refreshed variant is expected to come with changes on exteriors as well as interiors. The exterior's vertical lines will be changed with horizontal lines. There will be new colour and wheel options and cosmetic changes in the interiors are also expected.

"We are considering the refurbished Fabia later this year. However, all eyes are on Yeti which is on our priority list. As and when we firm up our plans, we'll make an announcement," said source close to the company requesting anonymity.

Skoda Yeti and Refreshed Skoda Fabia Updates for Indian Market | CarTradeIndia.com

Lets wait and watch if skoda's service has been improved or its still the same old story.
Obsessed With Quality, I bet they are obsessed with marketing quality. They seem to be doing very in the marketing department.
Old 17th April 2010, 02:09   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Skoda Yeti's launch is planned for June 2010 (as per Skoda dealer AutoBahn).
Old 17th April 2010, 11:22   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

The exterior's vertical lines will be changed with horizontal lines. There will be new colour and wheel options and cosmetic changes in the interiors are also expected.

"We are considering the refurbished Fabia later this year. However, all eyes are on Yeti which is on our priority list. As and when we firm up our plans, we'll make an announcement," said source close to the company requesting anonymity.

Skoda Yeti and Refreshed Skoda Fabia Updates for Indian Market | CarTradeIndia.com

Lets wait and watch if skoda's service has been improved or its still the same old story.
Obsessed With Quality, I bet they are obsessed with marketing quality. They seem to be doing very in the marketing department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Skoda Yeti's launch is planned for June 2010 (as per Skoda dealer AutoBahn).

There is a very, very good chance that the Fabia will come with a 1.2 TSI engine as well. In addition, along with the Polo sedan, a remake of octavia/new model is expected, priced similarly to the verna/sx4/city. They will probably plonk in the 1.2 TSI engine, and they may bring one of the smaller diesels from Europe. Going by how VAG is trying to get into the volume market big time (this may not be a volume segment, but its extremely vital as it is the next aspirational step for some one buying a Polo/Fabia) I think it makes sense.

I would expect VAG spare parts to start coming down in cost, it appears they are trying to indigenize as much as possible.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:30   #4
Team-BHP Support

In the link the new Fabia looks a bit leaner and meaner !
Waiting with bated breadth to see the Abominable snowman and its pricing !
Old 17th April 2010, 11:35   #5
BHPian

I read elsewhere that the new Fabia, will also get an engine, with power similar to the current Polo.
They need to do a lot to set-right their service teams.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraliR View Post
I read elsewhere that the new Fabia, will also get an engine, with power similar to the current Polo.
They need to do a lot to set-right their service teams.
If its the same engine as Polo, then again they fail. They need some thing more powerful to continue and sell on the premium tag, else it all down the declivity.

Now Yeti and new Fabia coming together does ring some bells.
If the petrol Yeti also gets launched, then its possible that both get the 1.2TSI.

That is something which I was not expecting though, as we have never heard anything about engine production yet. I was predicting TSI with lower displacements will starting only once the Golf comes to India and that would be time Skoda may launch the petrol Yeti. But if its this year, then it would be great to watch the performance.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If its the same engine as Polo, then again they fail. They need some thing more powerful to continue and sell on the premium tag, else it all down the declivity.

Now Yeti and new Fabia coming together does ring some bells.
If the petrol Yeti also gets launched, then its possible that both get the 1.2TSI.

That is something which I was not expecting though, as we have never heard anything about engine production yet. I was predicting TSI with lower displacements will starting only once the Golf comes to India and that would be time Skoda may launch the petrol Yeti. But if its this year, then it would be great to watch the performance.

Petrol Yeti is expected 1-2 quarters after the Diesel Yeti Launch
Old 17th April 2010, 11:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

please dont post misleading headings!

Refreshed Skoda Fabia and its NOT new!
Old 17th April 2010, 13:32   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Petrol Yeti is expected 1-2 quarters after the Diesel Yeti Launch
If this is the case, then the refreshed Fabia may not have the TSI engine for sure!
Old 17th April 2010, 14:55   #10
BHPian

Quote:
If this is the case, then the refreshed Fabia may not have the TSI engine for sure!
Well the Yeti Petrol will get the 1.2 TSI engine for sure ! Its just a question of supply/demand before it makes it way into the Fabia/Polo Sedan/New Octavia
Old 17th April 2010, 16:20   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Well the Yeti Petrol will get the 1.2 TSI engine for sure ! Its just a question of supply/demand before it makes it way into the Fabia/Polo Sedan/New Octavia
Thats what even I have been saying. The Yeti TSI release can only get pre-empted by sales of other guys (Polo/Fabia etc) or launch of VW Golf.
Old 30th April 2010, 06:47   #12
Team-BHP Support

How about the diesel Fabia? Does it get a CRDI due to BSIV?
What is Skoda planning on the front?
Old 30th April 2010, 09:03   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How about the diesel Fabia?
Engines should be similar to the ones planned for the Polo. (Petrol is also said to be coming to Polo spec engine tuning)

1.2TDi, 3 cylinder with 75bhp.
Old 30th April 2010, 09:25   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Engines should be similar to the ones planned for the Polo. (Petrol is also said to be coming to Polo spec engine tuning)

1.2TDi, 3 cylinder with 75bhp.
It seemed some what confusing when I saw the Polo spec on their site, it says and I quote:

"The diesel variant of the new Polo will soon be available in India. Featuring Volkswagen’s latest common rail technology, the new Polo’s 1.2 litre common rail diesel engine ensures excellent overall performance. The 75 PS (55 kW) unit achieves fuel economy that is the best in its class, and is incredibly quiet as well."

Here is the source: Performance

But the brochure says: TDi. So is TDi a CRDI engine and is it BSIV compliant?

If yes, then we may see this in Fabia. But I would prefer a 1.4TDI engine rather than a 1.2. It does not justify the price difference between the two cars then.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the brochure says: TDi. So is TDi a CRDI engine and is it BSIV compliant?

If yes, then we may see this in Fabia. But I would prefer a 1.4TDI engine rather than a 1.2. It does not justify the price difference between the two cars then.
Yep. VW use the name TDI for both common rail and PD engines.

1.4 TDI is a 4 cylinder engine, so it will increase the price of the car, and we are a price-sensitive market!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks