Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2005, 23:54   #1
BHPian

indica tcic under test

hi guys the indica tcic is currently undergoing testing. was in b;bay for a couple of days. no external changes as yet (it was a test car) but yes it has 14" rims (175/65/R14) same as the indigo.on the inside its all the same.under the hood the modifications are same as the tdi indigo. i mean the postioning of the intakes for the intercooler. company guys say it develops 8bhp more than the older one that works out to somewhere close to 60bhp.
i drove the vehicle.will write about it later
Old 29th September 2005, 00:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

If this is to be true, I'd be damned and mad as hell... I got confirmation from a top official at Tata Concorde Motors in Chennai and they said nothing is coming out till early next year......

Arrrggghhhh!!!!
Old 29th September 2005, 01:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

yes the dealer is right in a way. the car is still under testing so nothin will be out before Jan-feb 2006.

That time is when many new models will be launched.
Old 29th September 2005, 11:07   #4
Team-BHP Support

Wow, you actually drove the thing!
Guess now it all makes sense. Tata indica will get Tata indigo engine and wheelbase, and Tata indigo will get a longer wheelbase and a common rail.
Old 29th September 2005, 11:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess now it all makes sense. Tata indica will get Tata indigo engine and wheelbase, and Tata indigo will get a longer wheelbase and a common rail.
@Tsk The Tata Indica is not getting a Indigo Engine! Its getting a Intercooler in its present engine! i.e 52+8 wheras Indigo is 62+8
Old 29th September 2005, 11:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
@Tsk The Tata Indica is not getting a Indigo Engine! Its getting a Intercooler in its present engine! i.e 52+8 wheras Indigo is 62+8
Intercooler on a normally aspirated engine???? You cant be serious, Busa.
Old 29th September 2005, 11:34   #7
Team-BHP Support

huh!
What engine do you think the indigo has, ferrari?
Tata indica. -- 1.4 L Indirect injection (Part number 475)
Tata indigo BSII -- Same as Tata indica + Turbo charger
Tata indigo BSIII - Tata indigo BSII + Intercooler.
So its the Tata indigo which got an indica engine+an intercooler. Tata indica is getting the Turbo which will make it equivalent to either 62BHP Tata indigo or the BSII indigo with 70bhp. I think it will be the former as tata wants to keep costs down.
Old 29th September 2005, 12:42   #8
BHPian

Recently on the bypass (Dehu Rd-Katraj) I saw a black Indica test car...I was gonna write about it but didnt get around to it...It was a petrol though, and had somthing like "T Cyrove" written on its back...not sure but close to that word.
It had the new front end (refreshing v2 blah) but non clear tail lamps !
Old 30th September 2005, 23:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Definitly going to be my next car provided it is atleast 60bhp... and priced between 4-4.5 lac for PS model... the rising Petrol costs are the reason why i am looking at Indica seriously as my next car..
Old 1st October 2005, 13:00   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Turbo-charged Intercooled Indica - Now this is the kind of launch that really excites me, more than some ornamental Porsche Boxster launch. Because this is more relevant to most of us.

The Indica has always had my respect. And a turbo will only increase it.

GTO
Old 1st October 2005, 15:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Turbo-charged Intercooled Indica - Now this is the kind of launch that really excites me, more than some ornamental Porsche Boxster launch. Because this is more relevant to most of us.

GTO
funny that u guys cant believe it. heard abt new indigo? with teh intercooled eng.? its already out. and so why should tata wait to bring the indica with the intercooler... should help sales ( as if indica is not selling well, hehe) and anyway the 8bhp aint gonna make 2 much power diff.
Old 1st October 2005, 15:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

I guess the quickest route for Tata motors would be to plonk in the Indigo engine into the Indica.

However, I suspect they're playing around with it to ensure similar or more FE for the Indica with the same engine - after all thats the Indica's USP.
Old 1st October 2005, 16:27   #13
BHPian

Quote:
and anyway the 8bhp aint gonna make 2 much power diff

Dude the TDI 70 Bhp indigo with intercooler is no slouch..

Plonk the same engine in a almost 100 Kg lesser Indica, it's gonna be way better than the currently underpowered 54 bHp Indica.
Old 1st October 2005, 18:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy

Dude the TDI 70 Bhp indigo with intercooler is no slouch..

Plonk the same engine in a almost 100 Kg lesser Indica, it's gonna be way better than the currently underpowered 54 bHp Indica.
Someone used to driving the Indica would find the "Go" really has a lot of Going power!!
Old 1st October 2005, 20:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

GTO

Thats why i said that it will be my next car without a shadow of a doubt, even if Maruti comes up with a diesel Swift... The fuel efficiency of Indica, the diesel(money saving) engine, the solid build, and the space are enough reasons for me to think of Indica TDi or DICOR as the ultimate city car!..

Most Viewed