Team-BHP - Odd Honda Pricing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Odd Honda Pricing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77827-odd-honda-pricing.html)

I was just discussing the pricing and specs with the local Honda dealer. The Elegance Pack for the Civic includes Reversing Sensors, Illuminated Sills, and Doors Visors.

The odd thing is that Honda wants Rs.9529 extra for the wiring loom for the reversing sensors. What are the sensors for in the Elegance Pack if the wiring is not included!

Also, in cars with alloys Honda as a practice is given four Alloy and One Steel Wheel. This is probably a fall back from the markets with Space Saver Spares. Over here it is plain silly. Given a normal 5 wheel rotation 80% of time the steel spare will be on show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1793496)
Also, in cars with alloys Honda as a practice is given four Alloy and One Steel Wheel. This is probably a fall back from the markets with Space Saver Spares. Over here it is plain silly. Given a normal 5 wheel rotation 80% of time the steel spare will be on show.

I think this practice of giving a steel rimmed spare wheel started only in late 2008 if am right. All the earlier ones had 5 alloy wheels. I am citing the Civic for reference here.

GM did the same for AVeo.

BTW, you can buy an alloy from Honda - costs about 7000+ tax. Ask the dealer for it as freebie!

Well folks. How about selling sensors and then asking extra for the wiring loom.

As for alloys two wrongs do not make a right. Also, Aveo is far lower segment that the Civic!

I think that most Honda products are overpriced. On top of that, they have the gall to ask for money for wire looms! It's downright shocking; I think you should write a mail to Honda India, not that it will work, at least we can hope to get their take on such practices.

I am a fan of Honda engineering, I still believe they make some of the best petrol engines in the world, but the practice of fleecing their customers for each and every penny - they have high brand value - is just not right.

I understand that the Linea is not really an option for people looking for a great petrol engined sedan, but in case you are looking to buy a new car, would you consider the Linea T-jet that is scheduled to be launched in June-end to early July? The car's dynamics are actually better than the City's.

Edit: I don't know about the 5th wheel in the Linea, not sure if is alloy or steel, but Fiat does sell the car fully loaded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1793517)
BTW, you can buy an alloy from Honda - costs about 7000+ tax. Ask the dealer for it as freebie!

Are you sure about the pricing? An enquity early this year revealed that each Honda alloy costs about Rs 11000, for a Honda City.

And, a freebie from a Honda Dealer, very tuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amartya (Post 1793636)
Edit: I don't know about the 5th wheel in the Linea, not sure if is alloy or steel, but Fiat does sell the car fully loaded.

I own a Linea and the 5th wheel in my car is not an alloy. Its a steel wheel !

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 1793496)
I was just discussing the pricing and specs with the local Honda dealer. The Elegance Pack for the Civic includes Reversing Sensors, Illuminated Sills, and Doors Visors.

If one badly needs Honda despite these fleecing tactics is there any particular reason why reversing sensors and door visors should not be installed aftermarket? I am not too sure what is an illuminated sill , but my best guess is that it is a door sill with LED strip and in that case LED strip is just 150 Rs each. IMHO if they would have provided puddle lamp then it is not required.

Is this elegance pack from HSCIL or dealer ?

here is the picture

Reviving an old thread

Can someone let me know the after market price of illuminated side step garnish (Door Sill) for civic. Don't want to go the HASS route as it costs a bomb.

Any place in Delhi where I can source them. Tried a lot of accessories shop but none have it in stock

I see it available for Swift in ebay for 1600 but don't see it for Civic. Should cost the same if it is available.

May be you can check with the seller if they have it for Civic. Sometimes, these guys have it for common cars but give the listing only for most sought after models.