Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 11:54   #136
BHPian

Hi guys , Im really looking forward to buy the new drivetech 4 safire in the next couple of months. There are hardly any ownership threads on the drivetech 4, can anyone please let me know if the drivetech 4 cars also have niggles or are they ironed out? Its a bit urgent.
Old 14th September 2010, 16:54   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hi guys , Im really looking forward to buy the new drivetech 4 safire in the next couple of months. There are hardly any ownership threads on the drivetech 4, can anyone please let me know if the drivetech 4 cars also have niggles or are they ironed out? Its a bit urgent.
The Vista is not a car which is a rage on T-BHP even the initial owners are not updating the ownership threads (however if you visit the Technical Stuff section and then the thread on list of issues in Indica Vista, you can get an idea of the situation).

You need to always keep in mind that Tata will keep working on the car,improving it like they did on the first gen Indica. I bought mine in Nov 2004, the turbo came out in mid-2005 and then the Dicor and so on.

Sidindica's review sounded quite positive, I can relate to the improvements on the Safire since my friend has a BS-3 Safire. There are not many niggles on his car - AC cooling is a bit below par, broken power window switch is not in stock since 1 year (some people complain about Fiat spares availability)

Mileage is about 11 kmpl in city conditions and 15ish on the highway.

I would say that, if you like the car go for it, but make sure you get a recently manufactured one and do a thorough PDI on it.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:38   #138
BHPian

Thanks Indivic, your inputs really helped. You get a bit of niggles on every car, My friends 1 month old swift had some clutch problem and the clutch had to be replaced within the 1st month itself. Since it will always be an assembly line sometimes a person can get a lemon and sometimes we get good niggle free cars as well, the same applies to TATA. My only fear was it shouldnt be spending regular time at the service center in between 2 services.

Last edited by MihirC : 14th September 2010 at 17:39.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:13   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Indivic, your inputs really helped.
You are welcome MihirC, thats the reason for this forum. All Indica's do require a bit of preventive maintenance - like sticking to scheduled services. I hear nowadays that for the Vista service intervals are 10k or 15k which means if you are not a heavy runner, its once a year.

I had some issues with my car in the first two years, once I got onto this forum, I began to learn about what to listen to and now I am able to provide the SA with the issues I want to be fixed rather than wait for their diagnosis.
Old 26th September 2010, 15:10   #140
BHPian

93PS Vista coming soon

Hey Guys , one of the people I know at Concorde motors informed me that the Vista with the 93 PS engine is in the pipe line and could get launched by maybe march or October 2011.

Last edited by MihirC : 26th September 2010 at 15:16.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:55   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys , one of the people I know at Concorde motors informed me that the Vista with the 93 PS engine is in the pipe line and could get launched by maybe march or October 2011.
Thats an interesting news. Is it going to be a SPorts Hatch? They should launch the one showcased in the last Autoshow.
Old 28th September 2010, 20:11   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

oh oh , music to my ears.Maan, that's a dream come true.
BTW,90BHP? It seems to be the fiat FIRE engine. So guess Tata has pulled the plug on its own twin cam petrol engine.
Some tweaked suspension, and the bodykit as on the Indica Sports shown in the Auto Expo. This is gonna be one scorcher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks