Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 18:14   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I just wish that they get rid of the stupid centre console in Vista and have a Manza like dashboard across all variants.

Rohan
Dude - 1st of all no offense meant, but do you by any chance own or drive the Vista daily? I do that & trust me man it does not make a damn difference to me.
Even I was slightly hesitant because of the centre console when I wanted to buy the Vista but soon realized that rejecting the car just because of this is nothing short of being myopic in life. I have now drive close to 20K km & in fact appreciate the layout now.
Please don't take this personally & I definitely don't want to discuss this any further.
Old 29th January 2010, 13:21   #17
BHPian

TML have gone further and have announced Tata Indica Vista Aura Plus in support of Indica Vista Aura ABS released earlier this week.

Aura Plus model, like its Manza counterpart, will have ABS and 2 Airbags. Any change in interiors have not been mentioned as of now but expect some additional features in addition to mentioned Safety features.

Good Going Tata!

EDIT 1: This vehicles will be available for sale in month of February. Pricing will be confirmed once they are received in showrooms.

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 29th January 2010 at 13:22. Reason: Additional Info
Old 29th January 2010, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
TML have gone further and have announced Tata Indica Vista Aura Plus in support of Indica Vista Aura ABS released earlier this week ... .
Already announced? Can you send us a link to the announcement on TML site?
Old 29th January 2010, 14:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Already announced? Can you send us a link to the announcement on TML site?
Hush! Hush! Announced to dealers only. as for public, Team BHP has the exclusivity!

@ mods: Can you please update thread title to include Airbags feature too.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
TML have gone further and have announced Tata Indica Vista Aura Plus in support of Indica Vista Aura ABS released earlier this week.

Aura Plus model, like its Manza counterpart, will have ABS and 2 Airbags. Any change in interiors have not been mentioned as of now but expect some additional features in addition to mentioned Safety features.

Truly good going by Tata!
I hope they release it with colour schemes like for the anniversary editions and watch it fly off the stockyards.
Old 29th January 2010, 16:51   #21
BHPian

Would be wonderful if the upgrade is on the lines of the Vista S which was displayed at the Auto Expo 2010.

Moving instruments back to behind the steering wheel? Engine from the Manza? - Maybe I am expecting too much.
Old 29th January 2010, 19:12   #22
BHPian

kudos to tata for doing the right thing. The companies that offer saftey only with top end variants must be chased out of business. As if only people who contribute to their bottom line have an option to purchase safety. Creeps!!

My hats off to tata for taking the first step
Old 30th January 2010, 00:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
kudos to tata for doing the right thing. The companies that offer saftey only with top end variants must be chased out of business. As if only people who contribute to their bottom line have an option to purchase safety. Creeps!!

Er...where does it say that Tata is offering ABS/Airbags on all variants. All the news posted indicates that only the top-end variant (Aura) is going to get it.
Old 30th January 2010, 12:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post

The point you have made is applicable to rumoured ABS in Sumo Grande which will be available as an option on all variants and not Vista mentioned here. So while you are not wrong in your statement, it is just the wrong thread.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
The point you have made is applicable to rumoured ABS in Sumo Grande which will be available as an option on all variants and not Vista mentioned here. So while you are not wrong in your statement, it is just the wrong thread.
Is it a rumour at your level or ours ??
Old 31st January 2010, 17:58   #26
BHPian

confirmation vista to come with airbags+abs.cars are ready for dispatch!official publicity this week or latest by next week!
Old 31st January 2010, 21:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I just wish that they get rid of the stupid centre console in Vista and have a Manza like dashboard across all variants.

Rohan
Surprising the central console in Chevorlet Spark is not stupid?? I dont know what are the pros & cons of having console in centre.
Old 31st January 2010, 22:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpn View Post
Surprising the central console in Chevorlet Spark is not stupid?? I dont know what are the pros & cons of having console in centre.
IMHO, the centre console in Chevy Spark is equally stupid.

I don't want to offend Vista or Spark owners, but I feel that the speedometer console belongs to the driver. It is not meant to be shared with the passengers.

It may not be a deal breaker for most people, people get adjusted to it after a while.

What I don't understand is the reason why the designers designed the console in the centre. What is the advantage of this ?

This arrangement is acceptable in Nano, where it has been done for cost cutting. But for a vehicle like Spark or Vista, this logic cannot be justified.

Rohan
Old 31st January 2010, 22:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
What I don't understand is the reason why the designers designed the console in the centre. What is the advantage of this ?
From other threads, i understood it is done for export reasons. Less expensive to make LHD and RHD models for various markets.
Old 1st February 2010, 02:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Is it a rumour at your level or ours ??
It is a rumour even on my side, and c'mon we are all together in this!

Why I think this is a rumour is the sheer complexity involved since Indian manufacturers haven't yet woken up to Options and after sales fitment. Considering it is already a challenging situation to deliver the car as is, how much worse it could get if service centres are given fitment of safety features like ABS or Airbags. Any lapse on standard procedure could mean devastation.

I really don't want to say that service centres are bad (Tata or otherwise) since they anyways change these things when cars come for accidental repairs but you could always carry bad ASC / Good ASC thing and even one Bad ASC could spoil the image of vehicle and brand and cause legal troubles if any of these features fail in operation.

On hindsight, Even today when some feature does fail, manufacturers don't take responsibility, so might as well let ASC do the job. (I seem to have contradicted my own view here but hope you ppl get the gist, )

Last edited by akhilesh51 : 1st February 2010 at 02:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks