Team-BHP - Tata Indica Vista Aura ABS (EDIT: Now it is Aura Plus with ABS and Airbags)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Indica Vista Aura ABS (EDIT: Now it is Aura Plus with ABS and Airbags) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/77909-tata-indica-vista-aura-abs-edit-now-aura-plus-abs-airbags.html)

With the successful launch of Tata Indigo Manza replete with safety features like ABS and Airbags in its two top variants, Tata Motors has now decided to follow it up by introducing ABS in its hatchback avatar, Indica Vista.

As in Manza, this variant will be simply called Aura ABS and will hereon be the flagship variant in Indica Vista barring obviously the limited edition Indica Vista.

More news on this variant and exact pricing information is still awaited but close sources reveal that the variant will be in market for sale within a month's time. It may actually coincide with BS IV update on Indica Vista much on the lines of updated Safari in showrooms anytime now.

So, Good news for all those people who have safety features high up on shopping list when purchasing a car. Combined with the unrivaled space and impressive feature list, this could be a runaway success especially in metros and urban areas.

(Pssst... A little flying butterfly did also mention that Manza's Aura+ model with Airbags is also due to be launched in Indica Vista so hold on to the grapevine :D )

If the news is true, then my main grouse against Vista will be gone - hope they launch one with ABS + dual airbags - getting Aura like goodies will be great too

What I would really like to see is Tata to do a manza on the vista - namely -
1. Dashboard and interiors of the Manza
2. 15' wheels and tires
3. Airbags and ABS

Price the quadrajet aura+ vista about Rs 600,000 on road and watch sales go through the roof.

Prashanthyr,

if Tata can provide Airbags and ABS thats the best thing! others like 15 inch alloy and tire can anyways be fitted after market!

May be they can bring in Auto Transmission as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashanthyr (Post 1696196)
What I would really like to see is Tata to do a manza on the vista - namely -
1. Dashboard and interiors of the Manza
2. 15' wheels and tires
3. Airbags and ABS

And while they are at it, bring out the Indica Sport as well.

Tata Indica Vista with ABS and Airbags, it would be comparable to competitors in similar segment, in all respects. If priced properly, this car should sell in big numbers.

Are we talking of the Vista Ignis variant here? If so, i believe only Petrol will be upgraded to 1.4 SAFFIRE engine. If QJD is also having an Ignis version - great!

TATA prices very well but addition of ABS +Airbags should not increase the price by more than 35-40K if they intend to cash on it.

Akhilesh, Thanks for the info. A bit OT, but do you know if the TDI will meet the BS4 norms ?

I wonder why Tata seem to think that ABS needs to go only with a top end variant. Aura ABS would mean that no ABS on the TDI engined cars.

I just wish that they get rid of the stupid centre console in Vista and have a Manza like dashboard across all variants.

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 1698938)
Akhilesh, Thanks for the info. A bit OT, but do you know if the TDI will meet the BS4 norms ?

I wonder why Tata seem to think that ABS needs to go only with a top end variant. Aura ABS would mean that no ABS on the TDI engined cars.

TDi variant was introduced keeping in mind price conscious customer. Features like ABS appeal more to feature conscious customer who would anyways look towards Quadrajet Engine. Some decisions are taken purely from business points of view and TDi ABS versions do not make sense to TATA. I know this is cruel but this is business. :D

Thank god ....I postponed my Vista purchase due to money shortage. I always wanted that ABS to be in the car. Now I will happily buy that car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhilesh51 (Post 1699581)
TDi variant was introduced keeping in mind price conscious customer. Features like ABS appeal more to feature conscious customer who would anyways look towards Quadrajet Engine. Some decisions are taken purely from business points of view and TDi ABS versions do not make sense to TATA. I know this is cruel but this is business. :D

I have no doubt about the business sense underneath, however I would imagine that Tatas would be able to control margin on the TDI engine variants much better than the FIAT engined variants, in which case the TDI ABS could fetch them more revenue. They could offer it as an option and try to gauge market response. I would even like to see them offer an optional ABS package on all the variants and engine options, in any case if they do get an order it is only going to be manufactured on demand.

Any news if the TDI would cut it for BS4 or if we would see the Dicor badge back in BS4 markets?

A vista with all of manza spec without the boot would give all the so called hot hatch a run for their money. (am of course also referring to the 90 bhp engine).

Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 1701719)
Any news if the TDI would cut it for BS4 or if we would see the Dicor badge back in BS4 markets?

Dunno if TDi would make the cut under BSIV. I sure for one hope it does since Tata does not look to position DiCOR plant in any of the vehicles manufactured with Quadrajet.

In such a scenario, It can either be TDi(BSIV) and Quadra (BSIV) or just Quadra (BSIV).