Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2015, 15:04   #766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Oh no not again ... Nano on fire !

As asked by someone, why does the Nano need a special thread? It would be some one off case of playing around with the electrical. From the color, this is a mid variant CX and doesnt come with music system.
Old 19th August 2015, 00:02   #767
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano Fire Incidents. EDIT: Tata's analysis on page 34

It seems one more Nano got burnt near Hyderabad. But luckily no one got hurt.
This news came in a local news paper.

Source: http://www.eenadu.net/Homeinner.aspx?item=break193
Old 14th September 2015, 10:42   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Another incident of a Nano catching fire. This is Calicut, Kerala. News report below. Could not find an English source. So adding a translation.

Tata Nano Fire Incidents. EDIT: Tata's analysis on page 34-nanofire.jpg

As per this report, the driver saw smoke coming out from the bonnet area and stopped the car to the side and was able to get out. By then it turned into a full fledged blaze and gutted most of the interior of the car. Since it happened close to a fire station, a fire engine was able to reach the spot and put out the fire relatively quickly. Article says it could be a short circuit from battery (This sounds unlikely. Isn't the battery under the driver seat?).

No info the on the year/model of the car. Looks like one of the early models.
Old 13th August 2017, 23:02   #769
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder as to why the Tata Nano fire incidents have suddenly stopped ? The car is on the way of getting phased out. So, maybe, the Tata Nano baiters do not want to beat a dead horse and waste all their energy and resources.

Its a miracle that no such fire incidents have been reported since nearly two years.

The moot point is as to whether the reported fires were true incidents or were doctored to bring disrepute to the Tata Nano ?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th August 2017 at 23:21.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 11:23   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Wonder as to why the Tata Nano fire incidents have suddenly stopped ? The car is on the way of getting phased out. So, maybe, the Tata Nano baiters do not want to beat a dead horse and waste all their energy and resources.
May be all the owners minus 1 (that's me) scrapped their cars on hearing that the car will be phased out

Whatever they were, the incidents of fire managed to extinguish any sales hope the car might have had. I am going to keep mine for another 5 years atleast, its that comfortable in the city.

Seriously though, I have not found any concern with the battery under the driver's seat, of course I have not added any modifications and replaced the OE battery last year. The wiring is a bit weak in my car - mostly loose contacts. My car is nearing 5 years of ownership and is always kept parked exposed to the elements.
indivic is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks