Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think A ticket based customer support system will help ?
Yes! 19 73.08%
No - they will just find a way to work around this too 4 15.38%
No, there are other issues 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ticket based Customer support: Who else thinks its a great idea?

I had been fed up with dealing with TASC, and tata customer support in general. There is this general lack of ownership w.r.t issues, and it is up to the happless customer to follow up on things. I was thinking about a ticket based issue resolution system. When I came across this post by Cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
@fiineyp, I remember doing that, but once I do that the general response would be - A person from the service station calls me, assures me that he will follow up with the status, but that will be the last interaction with him, he/she never calls me back.

Also, I don't want to mail Fiat officials for each and every issue that I face, it shouldn't be the way to get things resolved.

And another bad approach these people follow is - they do all theirs antics and at end of their work they plead to give a good rating for their work, and if I end up giving a bad rating, I get a call from Pune stating that I give my car back to the service station. Now, they try to fix up all their goof-up they done and give back the car. It goes like a spiral model, at one point I would start to live with it since I can't keep going to the service station again and again.

This is the case that happened with the latest issue of procuring spare parts too. With the work commitments I have, I just can not keep calling them daily and ask for status and If I don't follow-up for a day or two, then the case is closed. They never get back to you and after a week if I call them back, they don't re-open the case, instead, they open an all new case for this and again it goes on.

Suggestion to Fiat - Please issue a ticket for whatever complaints the customer has to make either through phone or at the service station. Instead of having a team that makes calls to customers after reading their feedback, have a team that keep tracks of these tickets, let this team talk to TASS and check the status, escalate accordingly, let this team take action if the ticket is not closed as per SLA. To do that, create a SLA (Service Level agreement), penalize the service stations that violate the SLAs. Understand that the customer doesn't wants kind words from Fiat personals, he/she just wants the problem to be solved. Lastly hire some management gurus, there is absolutely nor form of management or co-ordination that exist.

There is a lot of disconnet between TASS and Fiat, most of the data that pass on from TASS to Fiat is manipulated before being sent. And Fiat, thinking that TASS is doing OK job, they continue sell more models.

Fiat - If you want to survive, you need to be proactive and not reactive. But before that, at least try to do what you are supposed to do!
Now tata is supposed to be a very process oriented company, except that the processes they implement are perverted by those entrusted to execute them
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-horrible.html

do you think this will solve it ?
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I had been fed up with dealing with TASC, and tata customer support in general. There is this general lack of ownership w.r.t issues, and it is up to the happless customer to follow up on things. I was thinking about a ticket based issue resolution system. When I came across this post by Cliffhanger
Perhaps TATA Motors could learn from their sister concern TATA DOCOMO. I had lodged a complaint with Docomo (regarding network strength) and I was promptly replied back with a ticket number. They followed up the issue for three days, and closed the ticket only after I was satisfied with the resolution.

This means that the group has an established process within itself, its just that the system is not being followed rigidly. Its high time TML/FIAPL start following a rigid ticketing system, so that there is accountability to each issue.
Old 22nd March 2010, 19:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dealers should have SLAs based on these ticket numbers and the same should be governed by the manufacturer.

ITIL experts would be able to comment better. This is an effective process that works in many domains!
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:38   #4
BANNED

The ticket based customer support system is the norm is most of the industries. And, most of the helpdesk software are based on that concept.

So, the A.S.S industry should also follow this...
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:43   #5
BHPian

I had a good experience with working the ticket based Customer support of FORD. Whenever I call or mail them, they provide me a concern number. Even if they delays in providing the solution, I can always follow up with that number. I do not have to explain the same issue over & over again to someone totally new.

Another advantage: I can get to know the email of the person attending my call from the mail sent to me.
Old 2nd April 2010, 12:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

There were delays when I booked a swift VDI and waited for 45 days. I sent a mail to their customer support asking the reasons for the delay and the new delivery date - and was sent a ticket number. Then there was no reply for almost 2 weeks.

I sent a reminder and again no reply.

I finally cancelled my booking - ticketing did not solve my problem.
Old 2nd April 2010, 17:12   #7
BHPian

Any process, that can improve customer's ownership experience is welcome. Ticket system is surely one of similar kind.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

one basic assumption made is that the company actually wants to improve customer service. if its not, then heaven help its customers
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

The top level management of a company is generally serious in improving customer service.

The problem starts at the middle/bottom levels where things get messed up completely, and this is where the disconnect starts. And here it does not matter what system - ticketing or otherwise - is in place.
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:39   #10
BHPian

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
The top level management of a company is generally serious in improving customer service.

The problem starts at the middle/bottom levels where things get messed up completely, and this is where the disconnect starts. And here it does not matter what system - ticketing or otherwise - is in place.

Thats exactly whats happening with tata. Seen worse with other car makers.
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:45   #11
BHPian

Hyundai already has this in place. Once I made a written complaint on a gearbox problem to 'cr@hmil.net' and they sent me an incident number.

This was quoted even in my service bill and I also got a letter mentioning the incident number asking for the feedback.

Maybe Tata should start implementing this and also draw a line between TATA and Fiat.

Last edited by para_7k : 2nd April 2010 at 21:46.
Old 3rd April 2010, 11:07   #12
BHPian

Very valid point sdp1975. Most often it is the detachment, lack of passion and 'let me just finish my job' attitude of the lower functionaries that cause the trouble. More often, these lower functionaries are also the ones that hop around jobs too often, thus leading to a discontinuity.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:08   #13
BHPian

Reality is that TRAI regulations are being followed by Telecom companies and are being audited by 3rd party auditors, there's very little manipulation which can go on.

On the other hand, if there is regulation for the Auto industry (which is not vote bank related segment and may not do something really great for initiators of this kind of legislation).

If you talk about ticket based complaint resolution etc, it is all mandated and regulated by TRAI.

you can navigate to the trai website where the performance statistics of various telecom companies are listed.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks