Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 01:35   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The news on website was updated after the current ACI issue went on sale.
Old 28th March 2010, 08:58   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Now this is really confusing.

The print version of the April Autocar mentions this:
"VW had the option to introduce the 2-litre 140bhp PD which can be upgraded tp Stage IV more easily. In fact, the Skoda Superb will continue to use the 2-litre PD engine and the Laura too will have a BS IV version of this motor as standard (the 1.9 will ve discontinued altogether)."
A Delhi VW dealer told me that the Jetta Comfortline, which is an A/T, with the PD engine will continue to be on offer. He was of the view that this model will be uggraded to meet the new pollution norms.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar1951 View Post
A Delhi VW dealer told me that the Jetta Comfortline, which is an A/T, with the PD engine will continue to be on offer. He was of the view that this model will be uggraded to meet the new pollution norms.
The VW folks here too denied knowledge of any engine upgrades, wondering why Autocar is carrying such reports. I guess they are under strict instructions to maintain such a stance.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Called up Silvertone Motors Skoda and they didn't seem to know anything about the new CRDi engines for Laura and Superb, and the salesman said that there's a whopping 2 month waiting period for Laura 1.9PD and 1.8TSi!!
Old 29th March 2010, 16:28   #50
BHPian

Any idea, what is the new price point on this variant?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

dont go completely by the dealers folks - they will have to exhaust their 1.9 TDI supplies.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Called up Silvertone Motors Skoda and they didn't seem to know anything about the new CRDi engines for Laura and Superb, and the salesman said that there's a whopping 2 month waiting period for Laura 1.9PD and 1.8TSi!!

I know for a fact that the 1.8 TSIs have long waiting periods. BUT there is something fishy about the 1.9 PD having that long of a wait period. There is near immediate delivery on those cars in Bangalore and Bombay.

The CRDI engines are coming for a fact. The Yeti has them, the Jetta is getting them. Financially it makes no sense for VAG not to sell CRDI's across the entire line up in India.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:23   #53
BHPian

There is some talk that the New Concept Coupe is going to be the next Jetta. The folks at vwvortex.com are pretty good about their sources. If this is the new Jetta, it looks pretty nice imo.

NAIAS 2010 - New Compact Coupe Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
According to ACI some minor changes to front grille and bumper will be done with the Engine change. Do not expect much.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:39   #54
BHPian

The new Jettas (NAIS 2010) nose resembles the VW Polo. This is a typical German trait of giving all their cars the same 'corporate' look. Then will the Passat and Phaeton also go the same way ?

Well, coming back to this post it means that both the TPI & TDI Octavias are out as both are BS III. The Laura PD moves over to CRDI. Also eventually the new Jetta will come with TSI?? and cRDI.

In India VW seems to let the Skodas get the new engines first, so in effect a guinea pig ???
Old 30th March 2010, 20:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
I know for a fact that the 1.8 TSIs have long waiting periods. BUT there is something fishy about the 1.9 PD having that long of a wait period. There is near immediate delivery on those cars in Bangalore and Bombay.

The CRDI engines are coming for a fact. The Yeti has them, the Jetta is getting them. Financially it makes no sense for VAG not to sell CRDI's across the entire line up in India.
Why does the 1.8 TSI have such a long waiting period? I havent seen a single TSI on the road and I dont think they are in a lot of demand.

Last edited by aparth : 30th March 2010 at 20:42.
Old 31st March 2010, 08:54   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Why does the 1.8 TSI have such a long waiting period? I havent seen a single TSI on the road and I dont think they are in a lot of demand.
I fully agree with you. There is a distinct preference of people for the diesel -- cheaper fuel and better resale value. Personally, I prefer the petrol any day.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Both the Laura and Superb Petrol share the same engine. December/Jan was a great month for Laura Petrols and stocks were completely exhausted. Throw in the longish waiting periods for the Superb during these months, you quickly realize that the demand for the petrol (however small) is far greater than the current supply.
I spoke to a couple of dealers in Bombay/Bangalore and they confirmed that they have difficulty getting stocks of Laura/Superb Petrols in a timely manner. Especially if the desired colour is Silver/Black/White
Old 1st April 2010, 17:18   #58
BHPian

I guess there are no news on the diesel engines but here is one on petrol (rather a new transmission): Superb 1.8 MT launched

All New Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI Petrol now in manual transmission-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Old 1st April 2010, 18:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
I guess there are no news on the diesel engines but here is one on petrol (rather a new transmission): Superb 1.8 MT launched

All New Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI Petrol now in manual transmission-WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Great ! This is now right in Accord territory and undercuts the Passat TSi by around 1.5L.
Old 5th April 2010, 14:24   #60
BHPian

Finally Superb gets the 2.0 CRDi
Skoda:: Facts
Still waiting for Laura.

Most Viewed