Team-BHP - Make your dream car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Make your dream car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78130-make-your-dream-car.html)

well the below is the ingredient for my dream car below 6-7 lacs
I have been driving NHC for last 3 yrs now but my father now finds it but big to drive comfortably, so I have been in a lookout for a car which can make him feel comfortable but every time something or the other seems not OK with a particular model.
the reason I started this tread was that every one has his own requirement for their car, the car i want should be having these features
1> very light steering preferably variable assist almost as light as my Honda city at parking speeds
2> diesel engine with refinement equal to at least vista
3> 4 or 5 speed automatic
4> air-bag, ABS, EBD and ESP
5> small footprint and low turning radius
6> ride being preference over anything else
7> other common factors as reliability, low service cost etc etc

on the other side it's surprising that no manufacturer has introduced a diesel automatic yet in a B segment:Shockked:

so what are your dream car ingredients being realistic?:)

For me, it's quite simple. It's BMW M3 with OTR 5 lacs. lol:

Well, for around 6-7 lacs, give me the Punto 1.4 Fire Emotion Pack with the following:

* 1.4 Fire Engine retuned for performance so that one gets around 100 BHP.
* Dual Logic AT
* Better quality plastics and with a better QA in place so that we do not see the rusting issues, or parts falling off or levers breaking

And I am in :)

-Pratim

1.Traditional design,no cab forward or mono volume;able to see the bonnet end as well as thin A pillars.
2.A 1.6 petrol i4 engine or similar diesel i4 engine with 110 bhp,enough low range grunt for city as well as able to do long highway cruising with enough top end power.
3.A longitudinal mounted front engine with the power to the rear wheels.FR layout.
4.Double wishbone at the front and multi link independent supension at the rear.Ride comfort is a must but it doesn't mean it should be unsafe at high speed corners.Should be a good compromise between ride and handling.
5.Suspension should be set up in favour of oversteer,understeer shoudn't be nearby.Steering light at parking speeds but should weigh up like BMW as speed rises.
6.Driving seat should be comfortable with all ergonomical things like armrests in the centre console and dead pedal etc...
7.Interiors should be airy and durable,able to stand abuse,with lots of cubbyholes and cupholders. The dashboard should be functional above all.
8.Quality should be german solid and japanese finish.No compromises.Clean laser-thin shutlines.
9.Big boot space.A traditional 3 box sedan,withenough GC for indian roads.
10.Mileage of more than 14km/l on the highway.
11.Electronics to the bare minimum.power windows and music system with USB/AUX input. Airbags and ABS will be appreciated with an ABS disable switch and also a cruise control system.
12.A/C system that will filter out the air outside and let in pure air.
13.Absolutely no wind noise at any speed.

All the wistful thinking that wont materialize.May be this is the reason why people who might had the idea of starting a similar thread never went on to start it-till now.

when i started this thread i was planning that we make our dream car being realistic and within reasonable budget, personally i believe its hard to come by a car which is perfectly suited to our need so we take something from one car and something from another car to get a car we want, although it may not be impossible to make a car very near to our needs if we stick to our basic requirement, my car model was based on requirement based on needs of my father, easy to drive in city (auto gear, short footprint), easy on back (good ride), easy on pocket(diesel) the nearest car which comes to my need described above is a i10 with auto, diesel and safety features but then we dont have it in market as diesel engine so it becomes a dream practical car

I never ment that we simply name our dream car for that matter mine is 911 turbo:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drsnt (Post 1802460)
the nearest car which comes to my need described above is a i10 with auto,

Instead you could ask for a i20 CRDI Asta (o)pack for little under 6.5K OTRwhat more you want ? Perhaps Auto ? ok Give the above with AT for 7 L OTR

Fair Deal, Isnt it ?

an SX4 AWD hatch with the 1.9 DDIS engine- perfect car for indian roads

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratim (Post 1801380)
Well, for around 6-7 lacs, give me the Punto 1.4 Fire Emotion Pack with the following:

* Dual Logic AT
* Better quality plastics and with a better QA in place so that we do not see the rusting issues, or parts falling off or levers breaking

+1. Btw, they already have the turbo version of 1.4L running at 120 & 150ps. Even the low spec 120ps would be great!

Palio GTX 1.6 petrol or 1.6 MJD.

PS: It would be even more better if such a car comes from a customer service oriented manufacturer!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratim (Post 1801380)

* Dual Logic AT

And I am in :)

-Pratim

Couldn't agree more! In fact, screw the AT. Just give me the 100bhp engine and better plastics and quality and the Punto is in a class of its own. Its so close to perfection. Fiat, are you listening??

Gross dimensions- a mini SUV of <4m length. <1.8m wide. Ground clearance>200mm. Boot space>300 litres. Weight <1 ton.
Exterior- a monocoque crossover which gets clues from Paris - Dakar rally prepared SUVs, the bumperless jacked up stance with mean looks, Its really looks imposing.
Inside- total emphasis on comfort and refinement and ultimate build quality for which I have posted an interior pic of an Alfa Romeo Brera. No road noise, No engine noise, no engine noise. Spacious for 4 but fifth shouldnt be bothersome. Central armrest for front seats. Rear ac vents. 60:40 rear seats. No central hump.
Engine-smallest possible turbocharged direct injection intercooled petrol/diesel with variable timed 4 valve per cylinder. Hybrid should be optional.
Ride/Handling-Tuned for ultimate comfort with no jerks on whatever may be the surface. Handling should be predictable. EPS with some feel.
Transmission- choice among manual, CVT, DCT, paddle shift.
Equipment-digital speedometer, temperature light only. Single Touchscreen control for HVAC/stereo which should be bluetooth and USB compatible. Keyless entry and ignition. Cooled illuminated glovebox. All disc brakes with ABS EBD. Front and rear airbags. All 4 door puddlelights. Euro 5 star crash safety. 17 inch rims with run flat tyre.
Economy-<10 lac from a manufacturer with economical after sales service and fool proof reliability. >20 kmpl for petrol and >25 kmpl for diesel.

I'll try to keep it realistic. Within the budget specified, the base model of a Fabia with the 1.6 Tdi running the Vento would do.
Satisifes most of your conditions too, except the reliability part :)

A 5 door Suzuki Jimny with a 1.3 / 1.9 MJD at 5-6 lakhs.

Or a 3 door Grand Vitara at the same price.

Its a dream afterall :D

My background: I drive in Bangalore maddening traffic. Hit the highways on the weekends. Twisties once in a while. Not too tall, not to heavy.

So here goes:

Design:
Car should be shaped like the old zen. Not any taller. Not any wider.
No problems with the GC. Need a rubber belt at the bottom so that the car can glide over tall bumps and not scrap over them. But, hey don't increase the GC.

Add a little more solidity to the doors. Make it sound like the Figo. Give it the hydraulic power steering unit of the Figo. Need a little more lateral support over the Zen seats for the curves.

Powerplant:
Need the 1.2 liter Polo Turbo diesel. But a 4 cylinder unit. The NVH as good as the Vento TD.
0-100 in 12 seconds. (Okay 14 seconds would also be fine)
Driveability similar to the Swift VDi would do great. A little turbo lag would also do fine.
It should return to a decent 15 in the city and 22-25 on the highways. Not any more frugal. That would mean leaner tyres and noisier engines.
It should run on De-sulphurised diesel only. That would mean zero emissions.

If India wants diesel cars to be taxed, then tax diesel. Make de-sulphurised diesel available at the bunks and remove the subsidy. We are ready to pay 60 for a liter of diesel. But for god sake remove the extra tax on diesel engines. They are more efficient as well as friendlier on the environment. [The fiesta diesel attracts 0 tax in the UK for its zero emissions]
We want a smarter and greener planet.

Gearbox:
Need the Figo gear box which has the perfect notch feel, rather than the Swift click.
And the suspension setup of the Fords/ VWs.
A 165/55 R14 tyres would work for me.

Interiors and equipment:
Need the Zen kind of dash which has all the space in the world for my legs. But with Figo plastics. Door bottle holders are a must. Need a good AC. The 156 cc compressor of the figo would be great.
Need the quality music system of the Figo but enough if it can play pen drives and FM. You could reduce a lot of space on the dash without all those buttons. (Bluetooth is good)
Fuel guage indicator is sufficient with a zero reserve warning. No DTE, mileage indicators etc
Airbags and Abs standard. Electric OVRMs, rear wiper defogger and all 4 power windows.

Price - 6 Lakhs On-road

One more variant

7 Lakhs on road with paddle shift gears