Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 09:44   #181
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
And I wonder if India is the only market where cars are sold with only 1 airbag i.e. the driver side one.
Thats why they get 5 Star safety here.

Deleted the Passenger side Airbag to bring down the cost, and still paste the 5 Star safety sticker on the car to make the customers fool.
Old 11th April 2010, 10:24   #182
BHPian

Quote:
And I wonder if India is the only market where cars are sold with only 1 airbag i.e. the driver side one.
its better than having no airbag at all, i feel. at least hyundai is giving one airbag in 'less-than-top-end' model, for more you have the top end variants..
Old 11th April 2010, 13:01   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Deleted the Passenger side Airbag to bring down the cost, and still paste the 5 Star safety sticker on the car to make the customers fool.
with you wildon. Initially, when they launched Verna Diesel, It came with Disc Brakes (Front & Rear) now, they quietly replaced rear brakes with Drum.

This Car companies fool Indian consumers. They Perform Safety test using all the safety equipments and later in India they delete the features and still advertise it as 5 start safety rating.

Do we have any law to sue this companies for fooling consumers??
Old 11th April 2010, 14:25   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
with you wildon. Initially, when they launched Verna Diesel, It came with Disc Brakes (Front & Rear) now, they quietly replaced rear brakes with Drum.

This Car companies fool Indian consumers. They Perform Safety test using all the safety equipments and later in India they delete the features and still advertise it as 5 start safety rating.

Do we have any law to sue this companies for fooling consumers??
r
Chrome finish radiator grille, Blue LED interior illumination, silver finish on centre fascia and AC vents, chrome finish inside door locks,vanity mirrors,automatic climate control are more important than ABS, airbags, better brakes!.
The top end versions which have ABS and airbags are among the costliest hatches. Top end Punto or Figo and now the Vista are giving all these at much lesser cost and are hence more value. I am talking about the diesels.
Old 11th April 2010, 15:39   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I guess these companies believe in making cars safer for the drivers only
Old 11th April 2010, 15:53   #186
Senior - BHPian

Cool interiors was one of the selling point of old i20. They have spoilt that also.Silver centre fascia on chocolate brown dash. yuck.!
Old 11th April 2010, 20:59   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
I more interested to know whether the Burglar Alarm can be fitted in the old models. Any news about that?
Hey Safin, i think the system can be retro-fitted. I specifically remember seeing an original i20 branded burglar alarm system being sold by Jayabharat. He said it was car-specific but unnecessary since the car has an Immobilizer. I personally didn't want to opt for it cause i didn't want the damn thing to start buzzing in the middle of the nights. Also, the car doesn't have any ICE that can be easily stolen & i never intended on keeping any valuables in the car overnight .

Quote:

I find that quite cheap too. Its the first damn time i've heard of a car offering just the Driver's side airbag! Someone ought to sue the company for misleading the public. They literally fill up all the safety equipment onto their test cars, get great ratings & pass it on the less models too. I won't be surprized to see the Era with "5-Star Safety" stickers
Each variant ought to be independently tested.

On a lighter note, i can't believe i pulled off such a great scoop! I got my asta the way i wanted it & some 14k cheaper too. I hate the new silver trim. Even while selecting my seatcovers, i made it a point not to add any new colour to the beige-brown combo. & this silver touch makes it look quite mismatched IMO. Maybe a black dash would've helped.
Maybe they should've added reverse sensors to the Asta to spice things up more, but maybe that'd be overkill? or would it?

I'm trying to figure out how cost-effective retrofitting the new ORVMs will be. Other than that, i can't find anything that i want amongst the "added" features.
In fact, many items on that list would've been a deal-breaker for me. Even the Figo with its red dash appeals to me more than this melee of colors on the new i20!
Old 11th April 2010, 21:26   #188
BHPian

Quote:

I wonder if they paste the 5star NCAP safety sticker on ALL variants or only the top end safety loaded one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Cool interiors was one of the selling point of old i20. They have spoilt that also.Silver centre fascia on chocolate brown dash. yuck.!
I think its silver fascia on a black dash, not brown. I have to see it in person to judge the looks factor though!

Another issue - the website does not give the price for the CDRi models. Anyone noticed that?
Old 11th April 2010, 22:07   #189
BANNED

Technically None of the Models which are selling in India having a 5 Star EuroNCAP rating.

The model they got is for a 6 Airbag version with ESC (Electronic Stability Control) and ISO Fix anchors for children.

Source:- Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Hyundai i20

Is the so called ARAI persons are dump ?!!!
Old 11th April 2010, 22:32   #190
BHPian

[Another issue - the website does not give the price for the CDRi models. Anyone noticed that?[/quote]
Yes and the dealer in my town told me yesterday that Sportz and Era versions do not come in diesel. He was also not aware that ABS is no longer a part of diesel Magna. I told him to check the website.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:39   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
[Another issue - the website does not give the price for the CDRi models. Anyone noticed that?
Yes and the dealer in my town told me yesterday that Sportz and Era versions do not come in diesel. He was also not aware that ABS is no longer a part of diesel Magna. I told him to check the website.[/quote]

Either the dealers are blissfully unaware of the companies' products, or the website is yet to be updated. Both simply unacceptable; hyundai has s***ed a simple issue. The only reason I'm looking is that there's supposed to the an Era version CRDi.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen2001 View Post
Yes and the dealer in my town told me yesterday that Sportz and Era versions do not come in diesel. He was also not aware that ABS is no longer a part of diesel Magna. I told him to check the website.
Either the dealers are blissfully unaware of the companies' products, or the website is yet to be updated. Both simply unacceptable; hyundai has s***ed a simple issue. The only reason I'm looking is that there's supposed to the an Era version CRDi. [/quote]

Exactly !!! I'm looking at the same too. There is some serious mis-communication between Hyundai and their dealers. Major goof-up I must say.
Old 12th April 2010, 21:48   #193
BHPian

Interior Comparo

Here's a quick comparison:

The one i love:
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-hyundai_i20_diesel_interior.jpg

What they tried to copy. Euro spec i20 with black & silver interiors:
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-hyundai_i20_interiors1.jpg

What they ended up with:
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-l-20.jpg
Old 12th April 2010, 21:54   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Good sensible option methinks.
If only they would launch the 1.4 petrol with a manual tranny sans the moon roof and price it sensibly.
I so second it. The 1.2L engine (plus outrageous pricing) is the biggest drawback if you want to innumerate.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I guess they have used the same A/C unit as the i10 in i20.
As the 1.2 engine is just enough for i20, putting in a bigger A/C unit would have further put a burden - thus the smaller A/C unit and incapability in cooling.
I found no cooling problems in i10.
My sentiments exactly.
Any bigger compressor would stress the already weak engine and play havoc with the fuel efficiency and in India thats a strict NO NO.

To give you an example, yesterday I was witnessing the unboxing of a Hayabusa. A cop who resides in the same complex comes by has a look at the bike and the first question he asks is 'mileage kitna hai'. Wanted to laugh on his face but sanity prevailed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks