Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 07:07   #76

Decent touches from Hyundai here and there. I don't know why, but I seem to be the only one who has taken a liking to the silver finish on the centre console and A.C vents. Even the side indicators integrated into the ORVM look classy. However the chrome grill is a BIG no-no for me too!
Interesting why Hyundai didn't come up with the new variants for the crdi! *taps his chin with his index finger*
Old 7th April 2010, 07:33   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaanranderia View Post
maybe its just me but the silver console looks garish i much prefer the black system, this just looks cheap
yes, the earlier one is better than the silver, it doesn't look glassy as well..
Old 7th April 2010, 09:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Fiat Punto 1.4 Epack: 617,212
Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta: 598,828
You have the most important difference highlighted in bold above. Also, in what way is the Punto E-pack less equipped than the i20?
Old 7th April 2010, 09:41   #79
BHPian

The silver center console looks cheap. Earlier black looked way better and upmarket. In fact I always felt that even the Punto center console would look better in black.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:01   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the era is coming because the getz has been phased out.
Why is Hyundai phasing out a lovely car like Getz ?

Is it not possible for them to plonk the kappa motor into the Getz ?

Rohan
Old 7th April 2010, 10:07   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Why is Hyundai phasing out a lovely car like Getz ?

Is it not possible for them to plonk the kappa motor into the Getz ?

Rohan
then Getz will be competing with i10, and i10 sales will go down for sure.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:16   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
What's the harm if i10 lost volumes get compensated with equivalent or higher Getz sales. As long as the customer is opting for another Hyundai car, the co. should be more than happy.

There are folks who do not like the i10 shape and may move to a competitor. By offering the same engine in a more spacious and stable Getz, Hyundai can provide a viable option.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:17   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
You have the most important difference highlighted in bold above. Also, in what way is the Punto E-pack less equipped than the i20?
Even I was surprised in what way i20 is the most loaded version? I guess FIAT also should have introduced 1.2 emotion pack as Punto sales mostly come from this model.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
It is not a bad idea to have 2 models at similar price tag, it gives more options to the customers.

Maruti has been doing it since ages, they have always had multiple models in the same price tag (sharing the same engine).

Rohan
Old 7th April 2010, 12:45   #85
BHPian

WoW!!

Saw this on ET just 2 mins back

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the second largest car manufacturer in India on Wednesday relaunched its i20 model with two new variants Era
and Sportz.
The new variants of the all new i20 will go up for sale immediately and the prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the Era variant starts at Rs 451,816 while as the Sportz, positioned between the Magna and the Asta will be priced at Rs 531,817.
These variants come with new technology features which adds to the styling and also improves the fuel consumption. The Era has been introduced in with both the petrol and diesel engine as the price leading variant while the Sportz will bridge the price and feature gap between the Magna and Asta.
Commenting on the launch, H W Park, Managing Director & CEO, HMIL, said, "We are pleased to announce the launch of the i20 with new features and two new additional variants. While the variants are targeted at our customers who have different needs, the new features will help improve the i20 and make it even more desirable for our customers. We are confident that with the new features and additional variants the i20 will become even more attractive and set new benchmark for this class of cars with improved styling, unique features and conformity with global safety standards."
The all new i20 comes loaded with many features. It has six-speed manual transmission gears in the diesel variant. The company claims that the additional sixth gear will facilitate fuel efficient driving. The sixth gear will also enable low rpm operation of the engine, making the i20 diesel more fuel-efficient and leading to a lower NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness) and lesser wear and tear of the engine.
The i20 will have technologies like manual transmission shift indicators (diesel variant) an innovative gear prompt for the driver to change gears, leading to maximum fuel economy. The i20 design philosophy follows the brand's new identity. From the front grille to the enhanced interiors the styling is modern and reflective of current global trends. On the exterior it features all new Chrome Radiator Grille and outside rear view mirrors with integrated turn indicators while on the inside it features blue LED interior illumination, silver centre fascia and chrome finish on inside door locks. The other new features that have been added are Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC) system and in-built USB port (in Magna). Several other features like a burglar alarm, steering wheel with audio remote and passenger vanity mirror (in Sportz and Asta) have also been added.
The new i20 debuts with the latest BS IV compliance. Hyundai claims the vehicle offers increased fuel economy across the entire range, which will translate into greater savings on fuel costs. As per the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), the all new i20 petrol version (1.2 Kappa) is capable of delivering a mileage of 18.15 km/litre and the diesel variant (1.4 CRDi) can deliver a mileage of 21.93 km/litre. Both the petrol and the diesel variant will comply with the recently introduced BS IV emission norms.
why do I feel that Swift D will probably have lesser waiting times? Polo & Fabia will look like more overpriced and Jazz will probably be waiting for customers
Old 7th April 2010, 12:55   #86
BHPian

Cool great information Avenger cheers .

The price war is on between Germans - Japanese and Koreans!! It would be the customer who will get benefitted in the end . I love the idea that the car manufacturers are trying to put forth that the low end variant would'nt be an eye sore or without any basic features .

It was Suzuki who made us feel that an Indian who buys a car at 4.5 lakhs on-road should not expect the luxury of even power windows .!
Old 7th April 2010, 12:56   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Saw this on ET just 2 mins back

why do I feel that Swift D will probably have lesser waiting times? Polo & Fabia will look like more overpriced and Jazz will probably be waiting for customers
Era and Sportz in diesel? Six speed transmission?

What am i missing? Or is the reporter making new stuff as he writes?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:03   #88
BHPian

Wow!

@crazydriver

by the looks of it, only the Era will introduced in diesel and 6-speed transmission is only for diesel I20.

Avenger
Old 7th April 2010, 13:23   #89
BHPian

The website yet to update the new variants and their prices.

Hyundai Motor Company :: Prices
Old 7th April 2010, 13:25   #90
BHPian

Do you know when they will start deliveries of the new models. Can you please find out and post?

I have booked an Asta, in Hyd, the last week of March. I am not sure what they will deliver. The dealer says it will be BS-IV. Is it possible they have an i20 asta with only the BS-IV engine, but without the new features (ORVM indicators, vanity mirror, burglar alarm)? I am getting worried that I will get an i19.5 instead of an i20
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks