Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 13:26   #91
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
Wow, that was good move to get the customers, the i20 anyway overly priced. Feeling the competition from Polo, Punto,..
I really do not agree, the punto has been around for a while, did not even make a small dent on the i20 sales, maybe they expect some affect of polo, but let me tell you, hyundai is one proactive manufacturer who has a v good understanding of the indian customer. Even if they do not do this- just by the sheer presence and customer service, they will continue to sustain numbers.
Just read one post here where a person got a TD of the i-10 at HOME, even though i10 is leading by a far far distance on the sales charts
On the contrary, FIAT guys hardly care about requests for TD, forget THEM calling up and coming, while VW has not enough cars to give TD and just 2 showrooms for the ENTIRE bangalore city. If THIS is whats before sales, imagine if for some reason a customer needs support post sales!!! Such a huge risk to trust your cheque book with these guys.(FIAT esp)
Maybe their product is not the BEST on all aspects( which i agree) but the way they market, support and provide customer experience gives them a HUGE edge( hyundai and maruti)

Last edited by mkh : 7th April 2010 at 13:27.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:48   #92
BHPian

I booked one on April 3rd and the sales guy told me they will start the production only from April 10 and expected delivery is end of April for BS IV vehicles.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:48   #93
Senior - BHPian

6 speed MT in diesel am I day dreaming?

the magna gains USB and ACC, but Hyundai has deleted adjustable rear seat head restraint and 60:40 split on magna and added this on sportz.

@carbhp, the pics I clicked in previous post are of BS 4 varients.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:52   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
6 speed MT in diesel am I day dreaming?

the magna gains USB and ACC, but Hyundai has deleted adjustable rear seat head restraint and 60:40 split on magna and added this on sportz.

@carbhp, the pics I clicked in previous post are of BS 4 varients.
Are you sure you got the price of BSIV from the dealer, when I called Chennai HMP the sales guy told me he yet to get the finalized price and the website also doesn't show the new variant prices which is same as what you posted.

Even the ET news and other sites didn;t mention about price changes to existing variants.. confused
Old 7th April 2010, 14:06   #95
BHPian

really nice deal with the magna sportz!!

Wonder why hyundai did not come out with these versions at the outset itself.

As an existing Magna owner i now feel short changed.

In the previous avatars of the i20 the next version of the i20 after the magna was the asta and at 90000 more than the magna was way out of budget. Really dont mind the extra 30000 for the features offered in the sportz model. No way Hyundai can retrofit those features for an existing magna model now!!!

:(

Last edited by Mubeen : 7th April 2010 at 14:07.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:10   #96
BHPian

Yes it is true

All,

I have reading the I20 website since morning and I am impressed.

Some key take aways

1. 6 speed gear box in the diesel
2. OEM player has silver matt finish
3. MID uses blue LCD

But there is a flip side too

The CRDi doesn't come with the sun roof option
Old 7th April 2010, 14:22   #97
BHPian

Good to hear Hyundai is stepping up their game.

As an Asta 1.2 owner, I'm very happy with the fuel efficiency (12-13 in city with AC on always), power delivery (cruising at 140 on highways) and maneuverability too (for normal in city and highway usage). of course, Hyundai's sales and support have been fantastic (Trident Hyundai, Bangalore) so no issues there either.

However, I do have one gripe - the AC climate control just doesn't cool quickly enough in summer. Wonder if they addressed that issue in the new models, and if the "fix" can be done for the slightly older models.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:28   #98
BHPian

The six speed transmission looks like a industry first for Hatches. Good to see this coming. It'll make highway driving more pleasant.
Old 7th April 2010, 14:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

Other sites (apart from TOI & ET) have confirmed the following:

1. Era & Sportz to be introduced in 1.2 Petrol & 1.4 diesel;

2. speed manual transmission in diesel.

Kindly refer following links:

- The Hindu - The Hindu : Business News : Hyundai launches i20 with new features

- Meri News - Hyundai launches all new i20; adds 2 more variants in line up

- Vicky Blog - Hyundai i20 is back with Era & Sportz variants | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Old 7th April 2010, 14:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
The silver center console looks cheap. Earlier black looked way better and upmarket. In fact I always felt that even the Punto center console would look better in black.
This is how the overall dashboard will look like according the website. Looks decent to me...
Attached Thumbnails
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-i20-dash.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 14:49   #101
rbp
BHPian

I don't care about the blue display, but I have always felt the i20 could do with an extra gear, as at 140 and above the engine gets very noisy.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:00   #102
BHPian

This is a smart move by Hyundai. After keeping it premium for almost two years, they are bringing VFM versions. Competitors beware!
Old 7th April 2010, 15:12   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
This is a smart move by Hyundai. After keeping it premium for almost two years, they are bringing VFM versions. Competitors beware!
They Had to bring in this variants to be competitive in market Fiat did it with Punto 1.2 variants and Hyundai too with i 20, definitely with introduction of Beat, figo and Polo other car manufacturers are feeling heat
Old 7th April 2010, 15:19   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
This is how the overall dashboard will look like according the website. Looks decent to me...
This is old one in black:
Attached Thumbnails
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-i20dashold.jpg  

Old 7th April 2010, 15:22   #105
BHPian

the website has been updated with features, but prices have not been put up.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...311210150.html

both 1.2petrol and 1.4 diesel get era, magna, sportz and asta. but the diesel does not get the option of sunroof any more. 1.4 diesel will have a 6 speed manual transmission.

ABS in now NOT standard on diesel magna. and no news about the discs brakes on all 4 wheels?

Last edited by car-dent : 7th April 2010 at 15:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks