Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 22:41   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
... all mirror turn indicators are still always visible to the cars beside and behind the vehicle. Even the aftermarket ones. It is not just a case of aesthetics over functionality.
I stood to be corrected! It does look good; if it works too, that's nice.

As to vanity mirrors: I absolutely never allow vain passengers to travel with me --- so useless!
Old 7th April 2010, 22:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

The CRDi begged for 6 gears... Its good they have made the change...

The "In Gear Acceleration" figures are going to change for the better...

I wonder how much a replacement gearbox will cost for my CRDi ... hehe

Last edited by AbhiJ : 7th April 2010 at 23:01.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:25   #123
BHPian

Good Move by Hyundai for adding 6 speed transmission.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:46   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Yeah, no ABS on the Sportz as well. I suppose Hyundai values all the bells and whistles more than safety. Or atleast that is the janata feed back.
Come on guys! They are the only ones to offer the option of upto 6 airbags this side of 20L (AFAIK).

When most manufacturers provide ABS and airbags together in highest variant, hyundai has given ABS in 2 variants and airbags in three. Good IMO!
Old 7th April 2010, 23:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

What is so 'Sportz' about the Sportz variant?
Old 8th April 2010, 00:02   #126
BHPian

Hyundai introduces 6-speed manual i20 in India

Hyundai Motor India Ltd, today introduced two new variants on its i20 – the Era and the Sportz. The Era hcome in both petrol and diesel variants, and will form the entry-level range, while the Sportz variant slots between the Magna and Asta.

H W Park, managing director & CEO, HMIL -

We are pleased to announce the launch of the i20 with new features and two new additional variants. The new features will help improve the i20 and make it even more desirable for our customers. We are confident that with the new features and additional variants the i20 will become even more attractive and set new benchmark for this class of cars with improved styling, unique features and conformity with global safety standards.

The new i20 in the diesel variant comes with a six-speed manual transmission. The sixth gear will assist engine do its work at a low rpm making it more fuel-efficient and bringing down its NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness). Also, the wear and tear of the engine will be lesser.

The diesel variant, which comes in manual transmission will have shift indicators which prompts the driver to change gears at the right time. Apart from this feature, blue LED interior illumination, silver centre fascia and chrome finish on inside door locks are the in-cabin additions. On the outside, new chrome radiator grille and outside rear view mirrors with integrated turn indicators are the new additions.

Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC) system and in-built USB port (in Magna), burglar alarm, steering wheel with audio remote and passenger vanity mirror (in Sportz and Asta) are the features added to the new i20 variants which are BS4 compliant.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the Era variant starts at Rs 4,51,816 while as the Sportz will be priced at Rs 5,31,817

The new Hyundai i20 variants provide the customer with more options and features
Attached Thumbnails
New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details-hyundai_i20_new.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 00:13   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
how can they be visible from behind when they are present on the front surface of the mirrors.
If they are, they are. Next time you're driving alongwise a Merc, notice it. The indicator strip extends to the side of the mirror, enough for the trailing vehicle to get the point.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:02   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
If they are, they are. Next time you're driving alongwise a Merc, notice it. The indicator strip extends to the side of the mirror, enough for the trailing vehicle to get the point.
I think the purpose of the indicator on the front surface of the ORVM is for the drivers in the front of your car to look at in their OVRMs and not for the cars behind it. For the cars behind yours, there is already another set of indicators in the rear light panel.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:44   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
I think the purpose of the indicator on the front surface of the ORVM is for the drivers in the front of your car to look at in their OVRMs and not for the cars behind it. For the cars behind yours, there is already another set of indicators in the rear light panel.
And they also serve as indicators for the ones beside the car. In the Manza/VISTA if i am correct, the turn indicators are just below the ORVMs right? Works fine. Also, since they will be blinking, even an half an inch strip extended on the side of the ORVMs in i20 should be sufficient!

So lets debate about other features here. Six speed manual gearbox for example. Also, couldn't Hyundai improve the ride and handling since people did have issues with it? Or, is it a non-issue among the junta? Is it discussed only in knowledgeable forums only? I wonder.

Last edited by iPai : 8th April 2010 at 10:45. Reason: some additions
Old 8th April 2010, 11:14   #130
BHPian

Prices in Bangalore

I happened to visit Trident service centre to pickup my car and I received the updated price list from them. Here you go.(The OTR is given in brackets)
1.2 Petrol
Era - 453815(540843)
Magna - 494367(592375)
Sportz w/o alloys - 519393(623768)
Sportz -534526 (641752)
Asta - 576595(695533)
Asta SR - 614626 (740731)

1.4 Petrol
Asta - 750958(898961)
Asta SR - 793228(949195)

1.4 Diesel
Magna - 637862(773058)
Asta - 703234 (850746)
Asta SR - 741262 (895938)

By the way,I read in the Indian
"The new i20 is the first in the segment to have technology innovations like manual transmission shift indicators(diesel), an innovative gear prompt for the driver to change gears leading to maximum fuel economy."

Any one has any idea about this? Is that like buzzer to change gears?
Regards
Sethu
Old 8th April 2010, 11:54   #131
BHPian

I just got a call from HMP chennai. They told me for i20 Asta 1.4 Petrol AT, ex-showroom price has been increased by 4.1K.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:06   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I stood to be corrected! It does look good; if it works too, that's nice.

As to vanity mirrors: I absolutely never allow vain passengers to travel with me --- so useless!
Nice one.

But many would still prefer a vanity mirror. Especially if your co-passenger is your wife or girl friend... & you know the ladies, they have to be in the best make-up (or give finishing touches to their make-up) even if they look the most beautiful in the world (without make-up).

Or probably we men understand our cars better that our better halves.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:43   #133
BHPian

Thanks Sethuv, So they dont have the era and the sportz variant for the diesel right ? But the press conference report says the opposite.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:17   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWizard View Post
Thanks Sethuv, So they dont have the era and the sportz variant for the diesel right ? But the press conference report says the opposite.
I believe they cannot afford to have Era variant for CRDi since the pricing will become dangerously close to Asta variant of 1.2 Petrol.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:40   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I believe they cannot afford to have Era variant for CRDi since the pricing will become dangerously close to Asta variant of 1.2 Petrol.
So what about the introduction of six speed gear box in the diesel? Will this replace the gear box only in the existing diesel models ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks