Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 14:45   #136
BHPian

Now with the BS IV norms, have the 2 engines, both diesel and petrol been altered in any sort of way? Now these engines are already Euro 4 ready, so I doubt any actual changes would have been made. Yet, it would be interesting to know if any alteration has been made and more importantly, its impact on the performance of the two motors.

What we have seen so far is that when engines get upgraded in India for emission norms, there is a perceptible dip in performance of the engines. Now I hope that is not the case, especially with the 1.2 L Kappa motor, if the engine has undergone any alterations that is.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:47   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3danikesh View Post
Does anybody know when these new models are coming? I have booked I20 CRDI ASTA (O) and the delivery date is 16th of May
Good choice, i hav got one Asta optional, which color you booked?
Old 8th April 2010, 15:07   #138
BHPian

I just got confirmation from Advaith Hyundai Bangalore, The Diesel with the six speed gear box will be available by May end. The sales manager also mentioned that there will be an increase in the price of the vehicle. I can only say
Old 8th April 2010, 15:44   #139
BHPian

is it just me or even others feel the need to have that 1.4 100 ps i20 with a manual transmission. why don't they have that?
Old 8th April 2010, 15:46   #140
Senior - BHPian

The interior backlit illumination (as it is in i30) looks really cool now, though the same cant be said about the chrome upper lip on the bonnect. Can anyone confirm if there has been any price increase?

Last edited by _raVan_ : 8th April 2010 at 16:00.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:09   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
is it just me or even others feel the need to have that 1.4 100 ps i20 with a manual transmission. why don't they have that?

Perfect. My wishlist -

An i20 with the 100 PS 1.4 petrol motor mated to a six speed gear box (even the 5 speeder would do just fine actually). Asta (O) with sunroof and six airbags. Blackened out 'B' pillars. 15 inch OEM alloys. DTE display. All in a white i20 or in the blood red available in the UK

The above may as well be made available by the next 'upgrade' for the i20.

Last edited by roms : 8th April 2010 at 16:15.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:42   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Perfect. My wishlist -

An i20 with the 100 PS 1.4 petrol motor mated to a six speed gear box (even the 5 speeder would do just fine actually). Asta (O) with sunroof and six airbags. Blackened out 'B' pillars. 15 inch OEM alloys. DTE display. All in a white i20 or in the blood red available in the UK

The above may as well be made available by the next 'upgrade' for the i20.
Couldn't agree more. You just wrote my mind.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:30   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinWizard View Post
Thanks Sethuv, So they dont have the era and the sportz variant for the diesel right ? But the press conference report says the opposite.
i guess they dont have the era in the crdi. However my cousin also said he read reports that crdi also has an era. Confusing.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:13   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethuv View Post
i guess they dont have the era in the crdi. However my cousin also said he read reports that crdi also has an era. Confusing.
its clearly given in the website that crdi does have era and sportz.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...311210150.html
Old 8th April 2010, 22:29   #145
BHPian

Did anyone noticed??

Magna Crdi ABS & EBD feature is deleted!!! even there is no SunRoof as option too.
Old 8th April 2010, 23:12   #146
BHPian

I just got a new I20 Asta BS4 on 5th April (the new variant).
I was trying to see how the burgler alarm works - the problem is, I dont think my alarm is arming.
As I understand it, the turn lights should blink once when I lock the car using the keyless entry remote, and blink twice when I unlock, is that right?

Well, my car blinks twice when I unlock, but does not blink when I lock (all doors do lock alright though).

What could be wrong? Would appreciate if anyone who has the new I20 BS4 would reply.
Or even for folks with the older cars which did have the engine immobilizer, how do I check if the system is armed. The turn lights are not blinking when I lock the car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th April 2010, 23:15   #147
BHPian

@ Manu

What is your opinion on silver console of the HU?
Old 8th April 2010, 23:50   #148
BHPian

Manu,

I have a similar problem in my verna. The problem is due to a rubber button which is attached to bonnet door which when closed will push a button (similar to the button found in old fridges for lights to burn when door is opened). The part is a very small one is usually lost during service. Have not been able to source the replacement for close to 2 months now.
The car will not blink when locked as the button in the bonnet is not pressed and so the system assumes that bonnet door is still open. The doors stay locked though. Should not have any issues.
Old 9th April 2010, 00:12   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Manu,

I have a similar problem in my verna. The problem is due to a rubber button which is attached to bonnet door which when closed will push a button (similar to the button found in old fridges for lights to burn when door is opened). The part is a very small one is usually lost during service. Have not been able to source the replacement for close to 2 months now.
The car will not blink when locked as the button in the bonnet is not pressed and so the system assumes that bonnet door is still open. The doors stay locked though. Should not have any issues.
Thanks Dwind for the quick reply.
Let me see if thats what is the problem with my car as well!
Old 9th April 2010, 00:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Manu,

That part is called a door pin switch (or something like that). I had a similar trouble (in my 10 year old Mazda though) that the contacts were worn off, and in late night/midnight, the car alarm would start blaring (and cops would come bangign our door!). Same thing can happen (minus the cops in India) to you! So get that thing fixed ASAP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks