Team-BHP - New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New I20 1.2 variants to be added soon - Full features details (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78139-new-i20-1-2-variants-added-soon-full-features-details.html)

Article and photo courtesy motorbeam website.

TV

Wow! The era looks good. Now only if it is priced on par with swift vxi. What do you guys think?

Competition is turning the heat. I had test driven i20 and later booked Polo. I got minimum 5 calls from Hyundai to understand what attracted me to Polo

More quantizations of trims happening with various combinations for different cost options.

silver finish on centre console?guess now the updated interiors are now similar to the ones on the export ones.
however hyundai needs to do something about fuel efficiency.

sportz version should have had ABS.

The Hyundai was already a benchmark and now it gets even better. Turn indicator on outside mirrors is a new feature on a hatchback! I think the Sportz variant should be given ABS+EBD also. But nevertheless, there's the Asta if you want that. Any idea about price increase?

Have driven the i20 quite a few times.
The things I look for in a car are good driving, handling and maneuvering abilities. In all these departments, the i20 falls well short.
For me, Figo and Polo are better and practical choices.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1801405)
Competition is turning the heat. I had test driven i20 and later booked Polo. I got minimum 5 calls from Hyundai to understand what attracted me to Polo

I agree. Polo is far superior! Good choice!

gaurav, yes; maneuverability is one big issue with i20.I found a sedan like Fiesta 1.6 much better in this aspect in Bangalore traffic despite being much longer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloman (Post 1801405)

That's interesting and actually encouraging in some ways, shows responsiveness and willingness to learn, improve and address customer preferences. Most folks don't bother. Good for the Indian car industry that we are just starting to get options in the hatchback segment, now we need more in the sedan and higher segments.

So Finally the heat is ON clap:

* Chrome radiator Grills
* Silver finish on Center Fascia and A/C vents (like in the UK Version)
* Burglar Alarm
* Turn Indicators on Outside Mirror
* Passenger Vanity mirror

Would like to know whether Burglar Alarm & Turn Indicators on Outside mirrors can be retrofitted on an existing i20

I drove the Polo today, and I still think I20 is still the best hatchback currently for it's price. While Polo has very good quality interiors and visual appeal over all i20 truly has a great VFM factor and the choices one gets for diesel, petrol and automatics.

Any idea when these new models come in? Would love to see the silver finish on a/c vents. Another thing they need to perhaps do is get a 5/6 speed manual transmission on the 1.4.

Does anybody know when these new models are coming? I have booked I20 CRDI ASTA (O) and the delivery date is 16th of May

The jury might still be out on which is the better car. But the speed with which a company reacts to market conditions can easily make a whole lotta difference to its market share. Hyundai has been extremely proactive. Even before the Figo, Punto, Polo et al can settle down, Hyundai has acted to protect its turf. Thats the sign of a company who has its ears firmly on the ground. I have even seen ads of free service camps across IPL matches. There are several companies who should learn from Hyundai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead666 (Post 1801467)
sportz version should have had ABS.

Absolutely! What were they thinking by providing Airbag and not ABS. To me ABS is more important than Airbags. It is disappointing that ABS is not even an option.