Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2010, 13:42   #61
Senior - BHPian

But whats the news on these new coming models? It says most of them would be based on Ambassador platform or would be called as ambassadors. Heard and read somewhere that though the new cars wont exactly look like the present day ambassadors but would be called as one.
Old 1st October 2010, 19:36   #62
ajai_dev

If HM intros a car that has its inspiration drawn from the new RR Ghost "Like the back hinge rear doors among other things" and really highlight the comfort and safety aspects of the remodeled car i think they may have a potential winner mainly because of Government officials and low end Industrialists. It has potential and HM does not need a Maruti 800 or some SUV it needs a proper cheap powerful rear drive saloon

Old 1st October 2010, 19:57   #63

It's a great news that HM is revamping the Ambassador and is coming out with a lot of variants. I read somewhere else that they will be creating a car for a niche market also. I am wondering what would one visualize it to be. Ambassador as a SUV? or a Mini - Cooper ? I would love to see the ambassador as a SUV.
Old 1st October 2010, 21:10   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

This is Joke of the day! I mean, how precise and clear, HM is with their plans

From TOI:

"All the variants will have a distinct look. He indicated that four variants will be launched under umbrella brand of Ambassador and it would introduce a new brand for two variants. "We may introduce a new brand as well. We will use Ambassador brand for other variants," he said. According to him, the new brand may be launched in 12-15 months."
Old 1st October 2010, 22:35   #65
BHPian

sigh......if they can't even be clear about whether they're launching a new amby or leaving the car business, I can only imagine the mixed-up monstrosity a new ambassador would be, assuming they actually plan to go through with that plan.

IMO, Hindustan Motors continuing in this is business is

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks