Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 06:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hindustan Motors rumoured to exit Car business

Hindustan Motors MD Santhanam quits- Corporate Announcement-News By Company-News-The Economic Times

Hindustan Motors MD exits | Top News

A strong brand dying due to neglect.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Only good thing happening for Mitsu in the past decade? I mean if they can find a new partner or go alone in India.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

O no don't let this happen. What are the Birlas exactly doing
Old 25th March 2010, 08:54   #4
BANNED

Thank god, Good for Mitsubishi.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

No regrets; I too feel its best; Good for us - either Mitsubishi will look for direct entry or a good partner (atleast this time) to get better cars & increased competition; Good for Hindustan Motors to avoid loss; very bad time for the staffs working at HM; if Mitsubishi buys out HM, that way its a win-win for everyone.

Last edited by aargee : 25th March 2010 at 09:04.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

I'd say thats great news. HM have done nothing commendable to market such a fabulous brand. Till now the Mitsubishi brand has done all the good, or what little it could in India. I'd say Mitsubishi should come in like the other players and not find another partner.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:24   #7
BHPian

the first thought is "ah! atleast Mitsubishi can come in directly"

but then, I wouldn't see any new Amby's on the roads!
Old 25th March 2010, 09:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
No regrets; I too feel its best; Good for us - either Mitsubishi will look for direct entry or a good partner (atleast this time) to get better cars & increased competition; Good for Hindustan Motors to avoid loss; very bad time for the staffs working at HM; if Mitsubishi buys out HM, that way its a win-win for everyone.
Well that looks good on paper, but belive me Mitsubishi buying HM would mean doom for those guys, imagine this a MNC taking over company based mainly out of West Bengal, man the politics in this state will make sure they dont start any operations whatsoever, but the Communist party will make sure the salaries are not stopped for the employees. Thats the worst combination one MNC would like to have as a starter.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

^^ I guess Mitsu would be wise enough to buy out only HM's Chennai properties and not the WB Amby plants. Fully own and produce / market Mitsu products in India Mitsu sure could do far better than its current set up. By far, good news for Mitsu lovers.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:45   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This must be the best news for Mitsubishi fans in India. Hopefully Mitsu will bring some brains to revive their Indian operations.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

He has said he is quiting for personal reasons. I wonder if he is quiting either because he was not able to do what he wanted and what he was brought in from M&M for. Or maybe someone else is being roped in, who would hopefully turn around the future of this brand that is a part of heritage. I dont want to see Amby's die out, the Contessa already has :(
Old 25th March 2010, 10:07   #12
BHPian

Good for Mitsubishi. It is time for them to go alone in India. If Audi, BMW, VW and Skoda can do the same, so can Mitsu.

We will definitely miss the Indian Vehicle icon - Amby
Old 25th March 2010, 10:19   #13
BHPian

The best for Mitsubishi I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
^^ I guess Mitsu would be wise enough to buy out only HM's Chennai properties and not the WB Amby plants. Fully own and produce / market Mitsu products in India Mitsu sure could do far better than its current set up. By far, good news for Mitsu lovers.
Yes Raja. I agree. Mitsubishi should buy out the assets of HM and set up their own operations. They can event ake over the dealers from HM. This will provide them with a ready made dealer network. Moreover, they will no longer be restrained by the sluggish HM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
He has said he is quiting for personal reasons. I wonder if he is quiting either because he was not able to do what he wanted and what he was brought in from M&M for. Or maybe someone else is being roped in, who would hopefully turn around the future of this brand that is a part of heritage. I dont want to see Amby's die out, the Contessa already has :(
I feel the same. He was slow and made a fool out of Mitsubishi. I dont want HM to continue doing cars at all. Sell them to Mitsubishi and let the new company rise.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:25   #14
Team-BHP Support

May be some other manufacturer has bought the facility. HM failing in a growth market. That says a lot
Old 25th March 2010, 10:45   #15
BHPian

HM should have been "buried" long ago without any gun salute.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 25th March 2010 at 10:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks