Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 18:37   #16
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2010 at 18:39.
Sudan_NFS is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th March 2010, 16:45   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
+1 to that. Additionally Jaguar has to market the all new XJ aggressively. The luxury limousine market is booming with more and more S Classes and 7's being seen. The new XJ is a very capable car and should be able to take on the Germans. What is needed is more awareness of the Jaguar brand. Having seen the XJ up close its very refreshing from the S and 7 and from what I hear it is very competitively priced. I see very interesting times coming up.
I don't think Jag will be competing with the 3 Series in the foreseeable future. The X Type is being phased out and none are being produced any longer. It was Ford that wanted Jag to become a mass market player and compete with the German players hence the X Type. The returns are too low for a smallish company like JLR to compete in this segment.. They probably wont sell any in India anyway where the costs are even higher owing to the import duties.

Dippy, You seem to be a big fan of the XJ. What do you think of the XJ? I am really keen to know what the response is like in India having worked on the X351 project myself (and infact still working on the launch . Most of the British press here is extremely biased so want to read unbiased reviews. Have you seen the car in flesh? What do you think of the rear end styling, esp the blacked out C pillar. Also, what about the interiors?

By the way, you are right.. the times ahead look extremely exciting as far as the Jag line up is concerned!! We have some exciting projects coming up, rumours of which you might have read in the press...
Old 29th March 2010, 18:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

What are the prices for the XJ?I guess it wll be positioned a bit higher than the 7,S,A8.I guess jaguar would want to keep it exclusive and price it in the 1 cr+ range.
Old 18th July 2010, 14:49   #19
BHPian

hey guys got the news that Land Rover/Jaguar dealership is coming up in Sahnewal near Ludhiana (Punjab).The construction has started and the group Dada Motors which is a established name in Punjab has bagged the dealership.
The news is confirmed by my brother who is working with them.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:23   #20
BHPian

Does anybody has any idea of Indian prices of XF and XJ. I am currently in U.K., so cant check the prices from here. I tried Jaguar India's website but that has no pricing information, even the complete model info has not been provided there.

If anybody has the pricing info, please post it.

Thanks in advance
Old 1st September 2010, 21:14   #21
Senior - BHPian

@Akj53 The prices are(checked on the net)

XF: Rs 63,00,000 ex showroom delhi from 5.0 V8 Petrol
XJ: Rs 95,00,000 ex showroom delhi with the same engine.

Do check with others too.

Last edited by avishar : 1st September 2010 at 21:18.
Old 1st September 2010, 23:55   #22
BHPian

Thanks Avishar,

I had also searched the Jaguar website but could not find the price any where.

XF with 5.0 V8 petrol is a very high performance car. What I am interested in price of
XF Premium Luxury variant with 3.0 liter Diesel S which has 275 bhp.

Can you please recheck the price of the above model and post it again.

Thanks
Old 2nd September 2010, 00:43   #23
BHPian

Currently they are not offering the Diesel versions in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post

XF Premium Luxury variant with 3.0 liter Diesel S which has 275 bhp.

Can you please recheck the price of the above model and post it again.
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:08   #24
Team-BHP Support

Diesel is on its way. I think they wanted to esablish Jag as an exclusive brand and also not let the demand outpace service capability initially
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:25   #25
BHPian

Thanks Ajmat and Neeld for the info.

If I remember correctly Tatas did not introduce the Diesels initially as they are importing Jags and on diesel engined models, they may not have competed with Merc and BMW, as they are assembling their cars here.

The R type competes with AMG and M series models which are also imported, so the pricing would have been nearly equal.

Now hopefully increased customer inquiries might have prompted Tatas to introduce the diesel models of XF which will be cheaper than R type. There is also the factor mentioned by Ajmat

I am evaluating XF 3.0 Diesel S (Sports) for my son in U.K., Earlier we had driven the normal diesel with 230 bhp and 500 NM torque which was awesome. Later we tested BMW 530 which did not measure upto Jag. But yesterday we drove the S type with 275 BHP and 600 NM torque and it it simply blew our mind. Awesome power and razor sharp handling with stunning interiors.

If we book it today, then I will post the details in a separate thread.
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Thanks Ajmat and Neeld for the info.

If I remember correctly Tatas did not introduce the Diesels initially as they are importing Jags and on diesel engined models, they may not have competed with Merc and BMW, as they are assembling their cars here.

The R type competes with AMG and M series models which are also imported, so the pricing would have been nearly equal.

Now hopefully increased customer inquiries might have prompted Tatas to introduce the diesel models of XF which will be cheaper than R type. There is also the factor mentioned by Ajmat

I am evaluating XF 3.0 Diesel S (Sports) for my son in U.K., Earlier we had driven the normal diesel with 230 bhp and 500 NM torque which was awesome. Later we tested BMW 530 which did not measure upto Jag. But yesterday we drove the S type with 275 BHP and 600 NM torque and it it simply blew our mind. Awesome power and razor sharp handling with stunning interiors.

If we book it today, then I will post the details in a separate thread.
>>>akj53,

Do post a thread on the parameters that you evaluated re. your purchase decision. Also, I am curious to know how the Bimmer did not meet your expectations vis-avis the Jag.

Regards

Regards
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:37   #27
BHPian

OK. I will also post the selection criteria in the new thread. Please bear with me for a day or two.
Old 20th September 2010, 17:22   #28
BHPian

XF 5.0L V8 Price

@ajk53

Would like to tell you that as per my last interaction with the salesperson at Mumbai, I was informed an ex-showroom price of Rs. 59 Lacs for the XF 5.0L V8. Further, I was informed that they had the car in stock in all the colours they were offering in India!

Although, I do believe that the launch prices were about Rs. 63-65 Lacs, I was given a humbler quote of Rs. 59 Lacs

Additionally the person advised that they do have dealers appointed in Delhi (my area of residence being North India) but JLR has special trailers which transport only one car at a time and the transport charges with insurance would be approximately Rs. 70,000. Quite comprehensive, I must confess!
Old 2nd August 2015, 13:15   #29

Re: Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi

Indias's largest JLR showroom centre /service centre is opening at Mangaluru. It is going to be 61000 sq feet plus 40000 sq feetparking and ameneties.It is on 2 acre land on the outskirts of Mangalore . Final touches going on . Landscaping delayed due to rains .Official announcement from HO will come once it is fully ready. Dealer principal is MARQLAND ,a division of Kochi based Kuttukaran group.
Old 2nd December 2015, 02:01   #30

Jaguar Landrover Opens Dealership At Mangalore

JAGUAR LANDROVER has officially opened its one of the largest Indian dealerships today in the Coastal City of Mangaluru today.

There is going to be a grand inauguration soon.

Most Viewed