Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 13:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi

Jaguar Land Rover has opened a new Dealership in New Delhi, the second in India after Mumbai

The new dealer AMP Motors, has set up two facilities in New Delhi – a centrally located boutique showroom at the premium Janpath area across Hotel Le Meridien and an integrated 3S – Sales, Service and Spares – facility at Mathura Road. Both facilities have been designed and constructed as per the latest Corporate and Dealer Identity Guidelines of Jaguar and Land Rover.

The entire product range including the Jaguar XJ, XF, XK and the Land Rover Freelander 2, Discovery 4, Range Rover Sport and the Range Rover will now be available in New Delhi through AMP Motors.

Quote from Mr. Rajiv Dube, the President, Passenger Car Business Unit, Tata Motors on the opening of the new facility:

Quote:
The NCR region is a key market for premium cars and SUVs and we are happy to establish a footprint for the two iconic brands through a new dealership in the capital city of India. Based on the encouraging response received so far on Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles in India, we are pursuing plans to expand our reach to other cities in the country.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th March 2010 at 14:01.
Old 25th March 2010, 14:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

Just checked their website. The Land Rover India website is probably the most easy to surf. Everything is laid out so logically, it is very easy to find out any info.

Land Rover - India :: Home

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th July 2011 at 13:37. Reason: Fixing link
Old 25th March 2010, 20:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A step in the right direction. Bombay may have been their 1st showroom and important to Mr. Tata (Head Office location); however, the Delhi outlet - without any doubt - will be more successful. The North Indian appetite for luxury cars (including Chandigarh, Noida and neighbours) is the largest in India. In fact, Mercedes & BMW sell a far greater number of luxo cars in Delhi than Mumbai.

I hear other metros too can expect JLR showrooms in the near future.

Two press release pictures received this evening:

From Left to Right – Mr. Rohit Suri, Head – Premier Car Division, Tata Motors, Mr. B.S. Anand – Director AMP Motors Pvt. Ltd, Mr. Gurmeet Singh Anand, Managing Director – AMP Motors Pvt. Ltd and Mr. Rajiv Dube, President - Passenger Cars, Tata Motors
Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-jlr-pic1.jpg

Center –Mr. Rajiv Dube, President - Passenger Cars, Tata Motors
Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-jlr-pic2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 25th March 2010 at 20:52.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

That is a good step by JLR. Expanding dealerships is important for any manufacturer to achieve good sales. To compete with the Germans, JLR should sell these cars as CKD.
Is this showroom bigger than the one in Mumbai? Which cars were displayed?
Old 26th March 2010, 01:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Wow nice move by TATA. Waiting for both their vehicles to reduce prices which would get them alot more numbers but wait "AM DREAMING"

LR's are simply mouth watering!
Old 26th March 2010, 02:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

There is another one opening in hyderabad soon(heard in Hyd thread).
Old 26th March 2010, 02:33   #7
BHPian

Right step in the right direction. I am surprised they had only one showroom upto now. Also, Jaguar should have 3-series competitor in their line up.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:54   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
That is a good step by JLR. Expanding dealerships is important for any manufacturer to achieve good sales.
A point that I missed out in my previous post : It's important for JLR to have presence in Delhi. Not only because North India makes for the largest luxury market, but also because, well, its the Capital! Symbolic presence if you must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Also, Jaguar should have 3-series competitor in their line up.
Probably a better idea to aggressively market the Jag XF instead. Reason? The E Class & 5 series outsell the C Class & 3 series.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A point that I missed out in my previous post : It's important for JLR to have presence in Delhi. Not only because North India makes for the largest luxury market, but also because, well, its the Capital! Symbolic presence if you must.

Probably a better idea to aggressively market the Jag XF instead. Reason? The E Class & 5 series outsell the C Class & 3 series.
+1 to that. Additionally Jaguar has to market the all new XJ aggressively. The luxury limousine market is booming with more and more S Classes and 7's being seen. The new XJ is a very capable car and should be able to take on the Germans. What is needed is more awareness of the Jaguar brand. Having seen the XJ up close its very refreshing from the S and 7 and from what I hear it is very competitively priced. I see very interesting times coming up.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:04   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I wish they open a showroom soon in BLR too. The number of LRs Ive been spotting here are quite a few.

Various shades and colours too - White, Grey, Silver,Black, Dark Green etc etc. And Jag XF's also in BLR seem to be quite a few!

Would be lovely to spend a part of a Saturday buzzing around the JLR showroom. Hope they also bring their Scale Models in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A step in the right direction. Bombay may have been their 1st showroom and important to Mr. Tata (Head Office location); however, the Delhi outlet - without any doubt - will be more successful. The North Indian appetite for luxury cars (including Chandigarh, Noida and neighbours) is the largest in India. In fact, Mercedes & BMW sell a far greater number of luxo cars in Delhi than Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
There is another one opening in hyderabad soon(heard in Hyd thread).

Last edited by Dippy : 26th March 2010 at 17:05.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:07   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

Would be lovely to spend a part of a Saturday buzzing around the JLR showroom. Hope they also bring their Scale Models in!
The Mumbai showroom does have merchandise but as of now they have only the scale model of the XKR. I'm waiting for the XF and XJ models to come.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
Also, Jaguar should have 3-series competitor in their line up.
Jaguar do have the 'X-Type', but most people now consider the car past it's sell by date. It would be wiser for Jaguar to not introduce the current X-Type in India, but wait for it's successor.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

Opening this showroom in New Delhi is a step in the right direction. It's the capital of our country. JLR's Mumbai showroom is a class act. I'm sure AMP people will match the good work. Congratulations to Mr. Anand and his team. Do well guys.

Jaguar's 3 Series / C Class / A4 competitor is the Mondeo based X-Type, which has really not done anything worldwide. I don't see it hitting our shores in the near future. Jaguar need to make an all new car which can challenge the German trio.
Old 26th March 2010, 18:11   #14
BHPian

J-LR in India. The Brits have invaded us again. I wonder how they will re-act when they see our people driving their high end luxury cars in masses?
Old 26th March 2010, 18:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well, today I took out time to attend both the showrooms in Delhi. While this is the first time that I am attending a JLR outlet in India,it was enough for me to make my first observations.
Didn't bother to click many pics because I am a lazy person.

First, before proceeding to AMP mathura road, I went to BMW showroom and checked out the GT limited edition, 2 cars are on display there, simply loved the interior and the 19" wheels in that white car.

Now, time to go to AMP mathura road, located at one building next to vivek auto (before it).
The showroom is decent and I was attended by a courteous (young sardarji) person, who also looks after the service department.
The showroom had a silver XF, black range rover vogue and a Freelander 2 on display. He showed me all the cars, right from the exterior to the interior to the mechanicals etc and explained me all the details very well. The workshop is HUGE and simply amazing, at least in terms of infrastructure and look with about 14-15 bays.
I asked for the brochure (you know how crazy I am about catalogs) but they were not accessible at that time, so I plan to take it later. He took my details and I left for janpath showroom to see how unique that boutique showroom really is.
(overall experiance=positive.)

Now I reach there and park my car, I see that black XJ and simply stare at it for about 15 minutes, then I go inside and have a nice look at the blue XKR coupe and dark green XF on display there along with 3 LR vehicles.

But that's when my happiness ends. While I had spent a good time looking and feeling at the cars, the condition at which they were displayed simply left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Why?
They were dirty and covered with half an inch layer of dust (I am talking about the cars displayed INSIDE the showroom) and clearly looked like it was opened and closed about hundreds of times before it was displayed there.
Moreover, I didn't expect anyone to attend me either and it turned out to be true, most of the staff were busy in their mobile phones, calls after calls etc. Of course no point to ask them for any spec sheets or catalogs.

Maybe they thought he has just come for timepass in his santro..

Overall, the showroom was unique and had decent merchandise for sale but I really thought that did I really went int a JLR showroom and came back from here?

These are my true lines after experiencing both showrooms today. I expected really good ambiance from Janpath outlet but I walked out pretty disappointed, especially after seeing the condition of the cars on display.
(overall experience-below average)

Again, what I am saying is my personal truth based on today's experience, hope nobody takes it personally.

I would still rate BMW and Merc outlets better in terms of overall experience and interaction that I have had till date.
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-dsc02606.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-dsc02607.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-dsc02608.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-dsc02609.jpg  

Jaguar Land Rover opens Dealership in New Delhi-dsc02610.jpg  

Most Viewed