Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2005, 11:35   #16
BHPian

@mclaren

Hey buddy, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am well aware of your experience with RNS ( am glad you had a happy ending :-) ) ...

However, would you mind sharing 'the details provided ' to you? Since this is the first time that I am hearing about "lot of unworked issues ". Even the MD ( not the GM sales, whom I believe you are quoting ) mentioned that it was wrong on their part to have disposed off the vehicle to someone else. None of them mentioned about these unworked issues to me, so its really surprising how and why they mentioned these to you? Whom are they trying to please... ?

Guys, what is the normal approach when you buy a vehicle?
- Call up the dealer, and register your interest ...
- A sales executive is on your tracks.
- For all practical purposes, the executive is the 'dealer' to you.
- He arranges for a test-drive, pricing negotiations etc.
- Once you reach an agreement, gather a Invoice and process your finances.
- *** Downpayment/blocking the car: This is where I was caught on the wrong foot. I was told that the car would be blocked against 0% DP. Otherwise, the trend is to make a token payment.
- At this point, one is eagerly looking forward to close this deal and awaiting his ride.

- However, if after the finances are arranged ( after keeping the executive posted on the developments ), the executive sleeps over the matter, and only after a few days you realise that the car has been disposed off ...Does it make sense ? By then, the Maruti offer is modified to offer a lesser cash discount...

_ Even if , as mclaren was told, there were ' lot of unworked issues' , wasnt it the responsibility of the dealer to raise these, tell the customer that there are 'unworked issues' which may break the deal? Had they informed me/discussed these with me, I could have taken necessary actions to avoid the heartburn.

All said and done I got the car and am happy... Have no grouses against any individuals, but am disheartened with the attitude and lack of proffesionalism.
Old 22nd November 2005, 12:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey man sad to hear about your experience. I have recently bought an Alto & from my experience I know that all these dealers have feedback forms which are prepaid & addressed to MUL, try to get one of these & post it. Also if possible post it on the MUL website if there's an option. Hope you are enjoying your car now :-)
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque
My number is: 9880063888.
guys,
i hate to do this, but i'm repeating the words that i had done in another thread.
please refrain from putting your personal mobile numbers in the forum (any public forum or web log for that matter, unless you are not bothered about spammers).
IMO, that's the problem when we chose a color which is not fast moving and which does not sound right to the dealers to keep more stock. but hey good that you have already got the car with your color choice, so all this mild irritants shouldn't be of consequence now.
hope i can vouch for what i said .
have fun in the car and do post the pics.
ak
Old 22nd November 2005, 22:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haque
@varun/srasania: Thanks to Leaseplan, I managed to get the same color/model from another dealer ( Pratham Motors ) who matched the offer. The experience with this dealer has been good. I am glad that they agreed to match the offer and they did not backtrack on their words.

@zabcd: Well, tht did not work. The MD was frank enough to say 'Sorry, its too late now and I cant do anything, if this matter was brought to my notice earlier, I could have helped. Now we dont have the stock etc'. Leaseplan folks were also not happy with the elusive sales executive. Got to know later on that RNS isnt on their list of preferred dealers. Guess, this experience asserts their decision.
Alls well that ends well. Enjoy your car & all the best.
Old 23rd November 2005, 01:28   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

ya haque now that you have already bought the car lets not talk about what happened and would should have..i just stated a fact that was told to me,thats it..personally after listening to the GM words thats what i felt they didnt deserve the stick..not to be taken offensively..enjoy yaar you have a black beauty in ur arms dont you..
PS: hows the audio rocking in her..keep me updated on it..
Old 23rd November 2005, 14:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
ya haque now that you have already bought the car lets not talk about what happened and would should have..i just stated a fact that was told to me,thats it..personally after listening to the GM words thats what i felt they didnt deserve the stick..not to be taken offensively..enjoy yaar you have a black beauty in ur arms dont you..
PS: hows the audio rocking in her..keep me updated on it..

mclaren, no offense taken to your words. I do respect your opinion. Just wanted to clarify my side of the story, since I never know the facts that you were informed of. I was curious, thts all.

I rest my case here...

Yes I am having good times with the black beauty .

Yaar, can any T-Bhp'ian proceed with any upgrades/changes to their rides without updating the forum ... In other words, my ride's still raw ( stock ), no audio, no seat covers, nothings been done yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks