Team-BHP - Mahindra FirstChoice Wheels with MyTVS launch 24x7 Roadside Assistance Programme
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra FirstChoice Wheels with MyTVS launch 24x7 Roadside Assistance Programme (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78287-mahindra-firstchoice-wheels-mytvs-launch-24x7-roadside-assistance-programme.html)

Mahindra FirstChoice Wheels with MyTVS launch 24x7 Roadside Assistance Programme-mahindra.jpg

Mahindra FirstChoice Wheels Ltd., India’s largest multi-brand, pre-owned car company, today announced the launch of their national 24x7 roadside assistance programme in association with MyTVS. This new service was launched by Mr. Rajeev Dubey, President (HR, After-Market & Corporate Services) & Member of the Group Management Board, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. and Mr. R. Dinesh, JMD – TVS.

The car service division of TVS & Sons, MyTVS is India’s leading roadside assistance provider for cars and boasts of a wide service network, including a dedicated 24x7 call centre.

The service under the warranty programme would be applicable for certified cars with a warranty period of one year or 15,000 kms, whichever is earlier. One automatically becomes eligible for the national 24x7 roadside assistance programme on purchase of a certified pre-owned car from Mahindra FirstChoice Wheels. The customer is presented with a commitment card which covers both warranty and roadside assistance, ensuring peace of mind. This is an industry first.

In case of an emergency, all one has to do is to dial the toll free helpline number 1800 266 6006 and brief the call centre executive with regard to the specific vehicle problem. MyTVS will then arrange for one of its Authorized Service Providers to reach the spot and attend to the problem. Apart from 24x7 roadside assistance, customers may avail of services related to emergency towing assistance, cab arrangement, key lock out, minor electric and mechanical failure, wheel changing, arrangement of emergency fuel etc. This service is available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, not only within city limits but on ghats and highways as well. The average reach time for the service in city limits is 45 minutes and for out of city limits is 90 minutes.

Mahindra FirstChoice has 118 outlets in 74 towns across India. The company plans to expand this number to 300 outlets in the next three years.

MyTVS is part of the renowned TVS group. services offered by the MyTVS brand are MyTVS All Car Services for multi-brand car services and MyTVS 24 x 7 Emergency Services which ensures emergency roadside assistance for mechanical and electrical breakdowns, ambulance, cabs, winch and towing and legal coordination assistance across India (except Jammu and Kashmir and the North-Eastern States).

Source: Official Press Release.

Yesterday, I signed up for MyTVS Breakdown Service for my car. Cost me Rs. 999 for one year's membership. I bought the membership online via arthamoney.com (a Times of India website).

Apparently, if I don't call them for assistance this year, I will get a 20% discount next year.

When I was in Chennai, I used to get my dad's Indica serviced at MyTVS Velachery. Service was much better than the Concorde service located closeby (at that time) at Guindy. And their customer support centre was also good

Praveen

do u guys know what does the Platinum member of the TVS service costs? it seems like a good service to have. Any one have such a service in chennai or tamil nadu?

I think TVS ought to have better trained personnel or maybe relocate technicians from other sites in places such as Gurgaon, Noida and Ghaziabad where the locals aren't …you know that professional or civilised.
For the first time I had called up ICICI Lombard at 2 am in the night when the car halted and wouldn't start. They then transferred me to TVS. Guess they have outsourced the task to TVS Roadside Assist. The fellow took a while to wake up a local 'technician'. I explained the situation which the TVS employee on the phone understood well. But the 'technician' was a Ghaziabad goon who asked 'kya problem ho ra hai'? I had already told him that the vehicle didn't start and if I know the intricate details of what caused it, I wouldn't be calling him up. He was clearly annoyed for having been woken up at night. Again, if working at night is a problem to him, he shouldn't have signed up for the help and such kind of assistance is only required at odd hours. Had it been daytime, I could have just hired an autorickshaw to bring a local mechanic over to come and inspect or maybe jumpstart it. He then said that it would take him 40 minutes to reach the spot. Though with that kind of traffic, it shouldn't have taken him even 5 mins from where he was at.
Meanwhile a few truckers then stopped when I signalled for help and helped me jump start the vehicle and I managed to reach home. The whole ordeal from the point of ICICI Lombard typing up a trouble ticket to TVS calling me up, assigning someone to do the task and then that person unwillingly arriving at the location – all of this took a good 2 hours. I then received a call from the fellow who said he couldn't find me where I said I was. I told him I returned back home and then I spoke to the TVS guy who was on conference that I didn't like the attitude that this fellow showed and hence didn't see the reason to be waiting for him.