Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 07:10   #1516
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

As someone mentioned in an earlier post, this could be a marketing ploy. Some kind of negative publicity on pricing, and then come up with something better.
Ford, as a manufacturer, has gained this VFM tag with the arrival of Figo, and I doubt they’ll give away that so easily. At least that’s my wishful thinking
Old 8th June 2011, 08:08   #1517
BHPian

I have a feeling that the 9-11 Lakhs would be the OTR cost. 9-11L ex-showroom would be a disaster for Ford. The car is half a size smaller than Verna/Vento/ANHC and the aam janta would definitely think twice before putting that kind of money on a "smaller" Ford. OTOH, the ARAI figures will be used to the max as a marketing tool.
Old 8th June 2011, 08:11   #1518
Distinguished - BHPian

From what's reported, the NFS ISN'T considerably powerful (Petrol) and spacious when compared to the Fiesta Classic, so the pricing better NOT BE considerably higher than the Fiesta Classic. Else it'll be a tough run aka launch at higher price and later discount heavily

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
the Fiesta is not big and paying 11 lakhs for that, even a diesel is not value for money. 9 would be about right, anything more and it won't work IMHO simply because of the size and especially width of the car.
11L will be over the top! Ex-showroom or on-road. Whatever.
Old 8th June 2011, 08:52   #1519
BHPian

spotted a group of around 7-8 of the new fiestas on the old airport road. It seems yesterday the same bunch of cars were parked at the hotel bang opposite leela palace. There were some guys with cameras inside one of the cars. Wonder if these are headed to the showroom or its some publicity measure. Is the new fiesta on display in any of the showrooms already?
Old 8th June 2011, 09:11   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The pictures in BS Motoring website show the new Fiesta sporting a sun-roof. Any idea if this is a standard in the top end variant?

Here is the relevant link: BS Motoring ::
Thats not the Indian version...The Indian version does not have a sun-roof!
pamishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 09:47   #1521
BHPian

As per autocar, the 1.5 diesel is downsized version of the 1.6 diesel, and has a bigger turbo and intercooler to make the same 91 ps of power. This should result in more lag, and they've commented that the car has turbo lag below 1800 rpm. So for all those hoping for an improved version of the 1.4 diesel, it looks like its actually a downgrade (at least from the point of view of lag). But maybe the midrange will make up for it, lets see.

I highly doubt that bit on the pricing, 9-11 lakhs is far too high and in fact that is probably not even enough of a range to fit two petrol and two diesel variants. IMHO the prices will be close to the verna's (the 1.6 engined variants). In the previous gen the Fiesta was cheaper than the Verna so i dont expect them to price it much higher than the new Verna (especially given its size). So my guess is a starting price of 7.5 lakhs for the petrol and 8.5 lakhs for the diesel
Old 8th June 2011, 09:49   #1522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
As someone mentioned in an earlier post, this could be a marketing ploy. Some kind of negative publicity on pricing, and then come up with something better.
Ford, as a manufacturer, has gained this VFM tag with the arrival of Figo, and I doubt they’ll give away that so easily. At least that’s my wishful thinking
We were taught this, in lessons about indian markets.
Never seen it happen so far though.
That the perception is falsely fed that its a 11 lac rupee car, and then when it comes out under it by almost 2-3 lacs,prospects who became ex, would be going,"11 lacs car for 9 lacs, c'mon, lets go(in a fiesta )".
chalo, one for the case - studies, this.
Old 8th June 2011, 10:28   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
From what's reported, the NFS ISN'T considerably powerful (Petrol) and spacious when compared to the Fiesta Classic, so the pricing better NOT BE considerably higher than the Fiesta Classic. Else it'll be a tough run aka launch at higher price and later discount heavily

11L will be over the top! Ex-showroom or on-road. Whatever.
9-11L is way to high for this one...i guess the top end Petrol should be around 9L OTR and diesel around 10L OTR...
Old 8th June 2011, 10:29   #1524
BHPian

My information is that they have not finalized the pricing. The discussion / debate is still on.

There will be no automatic transmission in Diesel as of now.

Ford has invited all their dealers to Bangalore tomorrow to drive the new Fiesta. Not sure where the event is but it is tomorrow and all the dealers will be there.

Another thing about the pre-launch bookings: Ford has not asked any dealer to officially take the bookings.

Last edited by NoRules : 8th June 2011 at 10:30.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:29   #1525
BHPian

Today on Bannerghetta Road, I saw 4 New Ford Fiesta sedans being driven; most probably to Lathangi Ford. There was a set of around 3 Figos (unbadged, one stickered as test drive vehicle), 2 Fiesta Classics and 4 New Fiesta's (Silver, Blue, Maroon/Dark Red (not sure), Black).
This is the first time I saw them on road and as luck goes, they were stuck in a traffic jam with a New Hyundai Verna near one of the new Fiestas. Since I was walking (to hyundai service station to take my car), I stopped to check the Fiesta and its interiors in the few seconds that I got.
My observations

1) The car looks small. Specially when seen side-by-side the new Verna. Lacks road presence. More comparable to Etios/Dzire. The Verna looked seriously huge and a class above beside the Fiesta. The Fluidic design really works.
2) Looks will take getting used to. I preferred the Fiesta Classic that was also in the convoy. Back looks pretty bland.
3) Blue was the better looking shade among those in convoy. Surprise, because I hate blue cars. Its not the 1.6S blue (which I love) but a darker shade as in broucher.
4) Interiors looks very nice, far better than in pics, where I felt it looked a bit too full of buttons.

5) Space seems a constraint. There were just 2 people each in the every car, but when I looked inside, the rear had very less space. Seems to not be an improvement over the Fiesta Classic.
Now I'm all itchy for a test drive. All of them had temp registeration. Forgot to check how many were diesels or petrols. Saw 2 cars with Titanium badge. Sure they might be the allocated test drive vehicles
Old 8th June 2011, 11:43   #1526
BHPian

No doubt New Fiesta lags l'll bit behind the class leader All-new Verna in looks & equipment list department but where it scores i.e in Handling, Ride comfort & Driver appeal, no other car alone can match it.
& That's the trump card for this New Fiesta, definitely ford will try to encash on this alongwith the recently acquired top Fuel efficiency figures(17kpl for 1.5 TiVCT Petrol & 23.5kmpl for 1.5 TDCi diesel, ARAI).

Here're the actual pics of the New Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi posted by Autocar India today New Ford Fiesta 2011 | Autocar IndiaNew Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-new-fiesta.jpg

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-new-fiesta-4.jpg

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-new-fiesta-2.jpg
Though Beige interiors seems to be a sore miss for this segment.

& Last but not the least, I'm not going to believe the Rs.9-11 lacs pricing for this car, as such kinds of rumours also afloated before ANHV launch also & everyone knows the Post-launch reality.
IMO, New Fiesta pricing(Ex-showroom, Delhi) will be somewhat like;

1.5 TiVCT Petrol(base) -6.99 lacs.
1.5 TiVCT Petrol(top-end) -8.10 lacs.
1.5 TDCi Diesel(base) -7.99 lacs.
1.5 TDCi Diesel(base) -9.10 lacs.
Just expect +/-10-15k on this expected prices.
Old 8th June 2011, 11:52   #1527
BHPian

My guess on the pricing would be

petrol base starting at 6.5.
Diesel Base starting at 7.5

There would be a 1 lakh difference with the Existing fiesta classic since the classic starts at 5.5. Just a bit worried that the pricing of the verna might actually tempt ford to hike the Fiesta's price too. Clearly from all the reviews till now the fiesta is the better engineered car from a driver's prespective and Verna scores on features/space/power on paper. Even the passenger comfort in both the cars might be evenly matched considering that verna lacks under thigh support which is not good on slighlty longer trips. Looks are subjective but verna reminds one of i10 face too much.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 8th June 2011 at 11:53.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:34   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Will the base versions will have ABS & Airbag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
IMO, New Fiesta pricing(Ex-showroom, Delhi) will be somewhat like;
1.5 TiVCT Petrol(base) -6.99 lacs.
1.5 TiVCT Petrol(top-end) -8.10 lacs.
1.5 TDCi Diesel(base) -7.99 lacs.
1.5 TDCi Diesel(base) -9.10 lacs.
Just expect +/-10-15k on this expected prices.

Most probably current Classic SXI will be discontinued, which is even more costlier than the diesel base version prices you had mentioned, not taking into the Rs.50k discounts offered.

Guess current F.Classic SXI-D is more than 8.5L Ex-Showroom. Will they price the newer model with lot more additions, lesser than the existing current model (even if its going to be phased out)? Diesel top end should be lesser than Verna SX D to make an impact

Last edited by Surprise : 8th June 2011 at 12:36.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:36   #1529
BHPian

Got sms from FORd INDIA today:
What's the All-New Ford Fiesta got to do with Gadget Guru? Find out today @5.30 pm on NDTV Profit, Rpeat Telecast @10 pm on NDTV Good Times.
Old 8th June 2011, 12:47   #1530
Team-BHP Support

Ford are doing the press launch from Bangalore. Saw the Fiesta at the "Peela" hotel (opp the Leela Hotel!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks