Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 09:45   #1576
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Please count me in. I would prefer if you can make it post lunch
i'm also waiting for the time arrangements. Please PM me your number. I will get back to you the moment i know the place and time.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:13   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Top-end model comes with ABS and EBD

IMHO this is disappointing.. preferred to be on all variants

Last edited by Twiny : 10th June 2011 at 10:14.
Old 10th June 2011, 10:27   #1578
BHPian

Just when I thought Ford learnt it lesson...

Every time, Ford does something India specific, that increases their design time, test time with nothing significant coming out of it. And now, India specific engines! Their previous generation Fiesta is the proof for my statement.

Their diesel now has a turbo-lag (acc to reviews), 89 PS of whopping power! Nothing to write home about Petrol too (I remember Verna's add '100 horses' almost 6 years ago!) - And the lovely butt.

Unless they do a Figo on pricing this won't (and shouldn't) sell.

And I was thinking all along to see the 127 BHP (1.6) Petrol in India.. (Clarkson gave it 5*)
Old 10th June 2011, 10:39   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Just when I thought Ford learnt it lesson...

Every time, Ford does something India specific, that increases their design time, test time with nothing significant coming out of it. And now, India specific engines! Their previous generation Fiesta is the proof for my statement.

Their diesel now has a turbo-lag (acc to reviews), 89 PS of whopping power! Nothing to write home about Petrol too (I remember Verna's add '100 horses' almost 6 years ago!) - And the lovely butt.

Unless they do a Figo on pricing this won't (and shouldn't) sell.

And I was thinking all along to see the 127 BHP (1.6) Petrol in India.. (Clarkson gave it 5*)
+1 . Exactly my thoughts. Ford is trying to play safe here. But the only way the new Fiesta will be successful is a killer pricing.nothing else will do.
The choice in this segment is simple IMO -
For petrolheads, get the ANHC (lots of discounts available),
For dieesl lovers, get the Vento (for one who loves to drive) or the Verna (for one who loves gadgets and couple with Hyundai A.S.S.)
Old 10th June 2011, 11:17   #1580
BHPian

Is the launch getting closer? The blue 'Titanium' Fiesta was on the roads today around 9:30 AM, near HAL airport, Bangalore. Its definitely a head-turner for the colour and contour, but definitely has lesser road presence compared to the classic. Also, in flesh, looks smaller, but more contemporary and suited for city driving. Just my thoughts.
Old 10th June 2011, 11:20   #1581
BANNED

Video review by motorbeam.

2011 Ford Fiesta Video Review
Old 10th June 2011, 12:05   #1582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Video review by motorbeam.

2011 Ford Fiesta Video Review
Video mentions the diesel engine capacity as 1.6 Ltr

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
For dieesl lovers, get the Vento (for one who loves to drive) or the Verna (for one who loves gadgets and couple with Hyundai A.S.S.)
Almost all the test drives gives its full rating to NFS for its responsive engine, excellent handling & fun to drive factor. Also this car has got certain features which does not exists in both Vento and Verna. If they price it well, they can do reasonably well
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:15   #1583
BANNED

is there a 'display only' launch event in bangalore soon ? any news of the real launch date ?
Old 10th June 2011, 15:34   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

Almost all the test drives gives its full rating to NFS for its responsive engine, excellent handling & fun to drive factor. Also this car has got certain features which does not exists in both Vento and Verna. If they price it well, they can do reasonably well
Yes, but I don't think the Fiesta engine can hold a candle to the Vento. It is much more powerful and very little turbo lag. The new Fiesta engine seems to have turbo lag till 1800 rpm as per reviews whereas the Vento performs really well past 1500 rpm. In terms of outright power , there is no comparison.

Yes, handling has been a strong point for Fiesta and it remains so. But other things like space/size, brand value, etc. Vento scores better than Fiesta.

Let the car launch happen and then we can argue with more details. But I get the feeling that if the Fiesta is priced in the Verna/Vento range, it will not set the sales charts on fire. It needs to undercut both the Vento and Verna by a good margin to sell well.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:41   #1585
BHPian

@siddutta: The real launch should be on 9th July however I heard that Ford is debating whether they should prepone the launch to end June.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 16:23   #1586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
@VB; On a lighter note, It is not about the .1l. It is about the benchmarked expectations
I was about to say “once a Ford owner, it’s hard to dwell into an alternate manufacturer”. But then I noticed your signature – alternates between Ford and Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Mustang would be back with a bang tomorrow. He had already mentioned that he would be away on vacation without net access!
Almost looks like a forced vacation. Build up the excitement and get a re-entry with a bang! Mustang will be able to comment on this once he is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Yes, but I don't think the Fiesta engine can hold a candle to the Vento. It is much more powerful and very little turbo lag. The new Fiesta engine seems to have turbo lag till 1800 rpm as per reviews whereas the Vento performs really well past 1500 rpm. In terms of outright power , there is no comparison.

Yes, handling has been a strong point for Fiesta and it remains so. But other things like space/size, brand value, etc. Vento scores better than Fiesta.
I feel there is something more in store, which Ford is holding back. Agree that the current engine specifications (going around the media) are a bit disappointing. I was expecting a petrol which could hold well against the likes of Fiat Linea T-Jet.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:53   #1587
BHPian

The Ford has been displayed in Hotel Matthan near Manipal Hospital.

The 8 new ford fiestas in Bangalore are being used by the media and the directors of the dealerships.

Bhpian's passing by, can you drop in there and find out any details about the display, timing and if it is open to sit inside and get a feel?

Thanks.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:53   #1588
BHPian

[quote=vb-san;2386450]I was about to say “once a Ford owner, it’s hard to dwell into an alternate manufacturer”. But then I noticed your signature – alternates between Ford and Hyundai

Hyundai Motor Company takes full credit for encouraging my love for cars. I was employed with Hyundai Corporation once upon a time. Initially, Hyundai Excel used to be imported (shipped!!) as a CBU on special orders. But when the company decided to enter India, after a very exhaustive market study, they decided to enter with Santro...the small car for the masses. This was my first new purchase !!
Old 10th June 2011, 19:57   #1589
BHPian

Carwale review is up at Ford Fiesta First Drive - The 2011 Fiesta - CarWale

The Fiesta comes with the option of 1.5-litre petrol or a 1.6-litre diesel engine
Old 10th June 2011, 20:07   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Carwale review is up at Ford Fiesta First Drive - The 2011 Fiesta - CarWale

The Fiesta comes with the option of 1.5-litre petrol or a 1.6-litre diesel engine
or they have 1.5 ltr in base variant and 1.6 in top end variant

Edit: I guess that our review should be a weekend treat
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks