Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 16:22   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Thanks for the info mustang. How is the interior space compared to the current fiesta?
Check out the specs on the Thailand Ford website - I don't see any noticeable increase anywhere (as I've mentioned earlier on this thread)
Old 24th February 2011, 16:23   #272
R17
BHPian

Re: Answers to everybody's Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
6 airbags : Will be available on top variant as std.
ESP: Will also be available on top variant.
Definitely not before Q3. There might be an event to show the car in May but sales will begin in Q3.[/b]
Thanks Mustang - Thats great news, if youve got it confirmed.

I just had my doubts since last month, Ford had arranged the pre-launch drive for all the motoring scribes in Thailand (as you'll read in the latest ACI, Zig Wheels etc) and the Thailand model, which is supposed to be a proxy for the Indian model, has only 2 airbags and no ESP in its top variant.

So it's great if Ford is bucking that trend.
Old 24th February 2011, 16:40   #273
BHPian

Mustang,
There is one specific query I have. I do not doubt Ford in ride and handling package.
The interior package is what i am worried about.
Do you know if the soft-touch plastics from UK/US models will be carried over to the Indian models.
Old 24th February 2011, 16:43   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 90 PS TDCi will be available.
Leather seats : Optional/Std. on top variant.
Keyless Entry : Will be available as std. on more than 1 variant.
Start/Stop Button: Will be available as std. on more than 1 variant.
6 airbags : Will be available on top variant as std.
ESP: Will also be available on top variant.
Fantastic!
Thanks Mustang for the info. Start/Stop button, Keyless entry, 6 airbags etc. on the top variant are definitely welcome additions.

I was checking through the Ford Thailand website. Noticed that the wheelbase of Thai version is exactly the same as of Figo (2489mm).
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I assume all of the 6 airbags are in the front
If not, the child would have to be seated in the rear centre seat and then the second passenger in the rear would be short of space, which would lie unused at the other side of the child car seat.
6 airbags - normally the standard is to have 2 in front, and 4 curtain airbags around the 4 doors.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th February 2011 at 17:10.
Old 24th February 2011, 18:19   #275
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Thanks for the info mustang. How is the interior space compared to the current fiesta? I own a diesel fiesta and its pretty cramped for my family (all the gents in my family are above 6 feet). If the handling is better than the current fiesta and the interior space is acceptable, I will say RIP to my "other brand" car purchase that I was planning in June.
Hi, Yes i do understand perfectly what you mean as i am also 6' 3" tall. Well the new fiesta has slightly more legroom and slightly more knee room than the current gen fiesta.

So basically since you say all guys are above 6 feet, you should definitely check the car out when it is displayed in the showrooms before you actually make up your mind. and yea remember to take all of your family members along.

When i drive my current fiesta, i am usually alone and roominess is not a problem for me but it will be a huge problem if 4 people of my height travel together in my car. So i perfectly understand what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibelli View Post
Mustang,
There is one specific query I have. I do not doubt Ford in ride and handling package.
The interior package is what i am worried about.
Do you know if the soft-touch plastics from UK/US models will be carried over to the Indian models.
You will get the soft touch plastics but only in the top variants.
Hey ford did bring the soft touch in the fiesta sxi and the fusion+.

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2011 at 12:32. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 18:36   #276
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang.101- Welcome back, thanks to you this thread is more active than the New Verna thread . Question from my side - Is Ford planning to price the New Fiesta Saloon around Vento levels? Any price indications from your side? Because after killer pricing of Figo we are expecting way too much from Ford
Old 24th February 2011, 18:42   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Fantastic!
Thanks Mustang for the info. Start/Stop button, Keyless entry, 6 airbags etc. on the top variant are definitely welcome additions.

I was checking through the Ford Thailand website. Noticed that the wheelbase of Thai version is exactly the same as of Figo (2489mm).

6 airbags - normally the standard is to have 2 in front, and 4 curtain airbags around the 4 doors.
Exactly my worry here. Its the same as Figo and about 3mm more than the current fiesta. Hope it doesnt feel cramped for tall people. Hopefully, Ford may have packaged the new one differently to increase interior space.
Old 24th February 2011, 18:58   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@Mustang.101- Welcome back, thanks to you this thread is more active than the New Verna thread . Question from my side - Is Ford planning to price the New Fiesta Saloon around Vento levels? Any price indications from your side? Because after killer pricing of Figo we are expecting way too much from Ford
Pricing will be killer! I guess the company has learnt that pricing is the key in the Indian market.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2011, 19:10   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Fantastic!
OK, in this case, is it safe to position a child car seat next to the curtain air bag? as it is specifically mentioned that the airbags should be deactivated in case a child car seat is installed in the front seat (with a child in it of course!)
Old 24th February 2011, 19:19   #280
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
OK, in this case, is it safe to position a child car seat next to the curtain air bag? as it is specifically mentioned that the airbags should be deactivated in case a child car seat is installed in the front seat (with a child in it of course!)
I am not sure about this. From what I have read, there are contradicting opinions on this. Anyway, we can discuss that in the Child Safety thread. I will look for some info, and post my update there.

Quote:
Pricing will be killer! I guess the company has learnt that pricing is the key in the Indian market.
Thats true, but hope they don't cut features to get the pricing competitive. In the segment, the Fiesta is going to compete, featurelist (how trivial in maybe) is going to play a huge role in the success/failure.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th February 2011 at 19:24. Reason: Added quotes
Old 24th February 2011, 19:38   #281
Senior - BHPian

Thanks vb-san, I will also post this question there in case someone already has some info. I will also check the manual that came with the car seat.

+1 to your comments about the pricing, it should not mean compromising on quality/ feature list. It may be more sensible to provide the features that cannot be done aftermarket and leave other featues (maybe alloys) at discretion of the buyer.
Old 25th February 2011, 00:22   #282
BANNED

This is the response i Got from ford india ...

Hi Deepti,

My name is John Joseph. I am a Ford fan. When will 2011 fiesta coming to India? Can you tell me the approximate launch date. I am waiting for All New ford fiesta to replace my Ford Ikon 1.6.

Thanks
John Joseph M

|
Deeptie, Sethi (S.)
to Prasad, me

Thanks for your interest. At this stage all we can confirm that we are excited about the arrival of the global and the award winning Fiesta in 2011 to India and as we progress towards the launch - we will keep you informed. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Dippy : 25th February 2011 at 15:33. Reason: Deleting phone numbers and url. Thanks
Old 25th February 2011, 04:22   #283
BHPian

I went to rent a car yesterday (I'm in US for a month on a business trip), and they gave me the 2011 Fiesta SES hatch (Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com). Surprisingly, the hatches are more expensive than the sedans.

I must say the first impression this car has made on me has not been vey positive (I drive a manual NHC back in India).

1. To start off, this car is SLUGGISH. I have never driven an automatic for extended lengths of time before, but I have to literally coax the car into moving ahead.

2. I don't know if there's some setting which I don't know about, but there doesn't seem to be any kickdown happening on flooring the accelerator. The car simply starts accelerating (It is a 1.6 L engine with 120 BHP) and holds the gear till the redline before shifting up. Seems like the car is stuck in a "sports" mode or something, but I can't see any way to change this behaviour.

3. There is simply no space in the car, especially in the rear. They claim to be able to seat 5, but this car is only for 2 adults and children. Getting in an out of the driver's seat is a big hassle for me (I'm 6 feet tall).

4. Although the ambient lighting seemed like a neat feature to begin with, I had to turn it off. The reason being that the strip of light under the dash on the right side reflects in the RHS (passenger side) window glass, making it impossible to see the ORVM.

5. The interiors are pretty much the same as the pics in this thread.

If you want some pics, I'd be happy to click some and post here.

Well, there you go, a short and sweet review of the 2011 Ford Fiesta.

Cheers,
Vineet

Last edited by vineetmanghani : 25th February 2011 at 04:24.
Old 25th February 2011, 05:27   #284
BHPian

those interiors look same as north american fiesta. I hope they offer SYNC system in India too. It is a cool feature to have.
Old 25th February 2011, 10:33   #285
BANNED

Here's a cocky review of the ford fiesta. Check it out. Its from Top Gear UK.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks