Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 13:39   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

I think ti-vct should be the most advanced variable vale timing tech this side of 20 lakh rupee other than the sonata transform theta 2 dual VTVT. Both the intake and exhaust valve will get their own independent VVT tech. I simply canNOT wait to see the H vs F war.

Last edited by sidindica : 23rd March 2011 at 13:41.
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:41   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I'll be rally keen to buy a diesel Auto. Even if it is a lil costlier.
+1. I would go for a diesel auto any day. Ease of drive coupled with frugal fuel bills would make it a win win situation.
Hope its not just restricted to the sedan. A diesel auto hatch would sell like hot cakes.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:00   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
+1. I would go for a diesel auto any day. Ease of drive coupled with frugal fuel bills would make it a win win situation.
Hope its not just restricted to the sedan. A diesel auto hatch would sell like hot cakes.
doubt that! industry standard seems to be 1lac premium for diesel over petrol engines of comparable power, and another 50-80k premium for AT for manual. Dont think any FE figures can beat that. Besides, another industry practice seems to be to provide AT only on top trims. Now, combine that with the new course govts' seem to be taking.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:20   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
doubt that! industry standard seems to be 1lac premium for diesel over petrol engines of comparable power, and another 50-80k premium for AT for manual. Dont think any FE figures can beat that. Besides, another industry practice seems to be to provide AT only on top trims. Now, combine that with the new course govts' seem to be taking.
I completely agree with what you have mentioned. The point i was trying to make is like, many have bought the diesel fiesta although their monthly running is way below 1k kms. They are willing to pay the extra premium to keep their monthly fuel bills low.
Taking that kind a scenario into consideration , if a diesel auto hatch is on the cards, be it any make, would make a difference in my opinion.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:33   #485
BHPian

Diesel auto must be an option. The trend so far has been to offer the auto box coupled with the petrol engine only. Diesel auto makes lot of sense. Rides across the city during the day makes one extremely sapped changing gears hundreds of times a day. There will be many that will be longing to have diesel engine combined with the luxury of an auto box.

But from a cost point of view it will be top of the line so may be manufacturers would think it will not bring in the numbers. On the other hand offering such models in a decent price point would bring in more numbers and soon. Some one must try and experiment.

Does the SX4 diesel come with an auto box option?
Old 24th March 2011, 11:02   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Diesel auto must be an option. The trend so far has been to offer the auto box coupled with the petrol engine only. Diesel auto makes lot of sense. Rides across the city during the day makes one extremely sapped changing gears hundreds of times a day. There will be many that will be longing to have diesel engine combined with the luxury of an auto box.

But from a cost point of view it will be top of the line so may be manufacturers would think it will not bring in the numbers. On the other hand offering such models in a decent price point would bring in more numbers and soon. Some one must try and experiment.

Does the SX4 diesel come with an auto box option?
Both Verna and Vento come in the Diesel Automatic versions. As long as the Indian government continues to subsidize the price of Diesel, Indians can expect more and more options for their diesel sedan variants in future.

Since Diesel subsidy is actually meant for trucks to combat inflation (cost of transportation of items like food and milk), perhaps the Delhi government has taken the first step to get back some of that subsidy being used by passenger vehicles. It might not be too long before other states follow suit.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:05   #487
BHPian

The more I read about this car, the better it looks! I am really looking forward to the Fiesta hatchback.

I have some questions for Mustang. You mentioned the Powershift auto transmission does not have paddle shifters, but does it atleast have a manual mode? Also, you mentioned the hatch will be coming in 2012. Is it confirmed? Any possible dates? Will the hatch also have an automatic version?
Old 24th March 2011, 13:15   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
The more I read about this car, the better it looks! I am really looking forward to the Fiesta hatchback.

I have some questions for Mustang. You mentioned the Powershift auto transmission does not have paddle shifters, but does it atleast have a manual mode? Also, you mentioned the hatch will be coming in 2012. Is it confirmed? Any possible dates? Will the hatch also have an automatic version?

Yes in 2012. No confirmed dates.
Yes it has a manual mode.
Yes at least the petrol will get it.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:03   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Both Verna and Vento come in the Diesel Automatic versions. As long as the Indian government continues to subsidize the price of Diesel, Indians can expect more and more options for their diesel sedan variants in future.

Since Diesel subsidy is actually meant for trucks to combat inflation (cost of transportation of items like food and milk), perhaps the Delhi government has taken the first step to get back some of that subsidy being used by passenger vehicles. It might not be too long before other states follow suit.
Chromeboy, you're wrong.

Only the Verna as of now has a diesel automatic version (cars costing less than 11L). The Vento has only a petrol automatic. The SX4 also has only a manual version available.

The new Hyundai Verna which may be launched in April, is supposed to be coming with manual and automatic options in both the petrol and diesel variants.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:03   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Chromeboy, you're wrong.

Only the Verna as of now has a diesel automatic version (cars costing less than 11L). The Vento has only a petrol automatic. The SX4 also has only a manual version available.

The new Hyundai Verna which may be launched in April, is supposed to be coming with manual and automatic options in both the petrol and diesel variants.
Sorry, I stand corrected, Verna is the only Diesel AT costing less than 11 lakhs.

It now looks like the Fiesta may be launched after the Verna (psycho_maniac's post yesterday in the Verna RB thread states it will launch next month). Everyone is eagerly awaiting these 2 cars which will hopefully reduce the domination of Vento and ANHC thereby reducing the price and increasing the features in all cars in this segment. Don't you love what competition does for the consumers?
Old 26th March 2011, 13:47   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Everyone is eagerly awaiting these 2 cars which will hopefully reduce the domination of Vento and ANHC thereby reducing the price and increasing the features in all cars in this segment. Don't you love what competition does for the consumers?
Absolutely, competition is always good for customers like us. However with a plethora of options to choose from, it will be all the more difficult to zero in on one particular car. Though I would be in the market next year to hunt a replacement for my Indica, I am keenly observing the C segment since the launch of Manza.
Old 27th March 2011, 04:23   #492
BHPian

guys any idea on the launch date of the new fiesta sedan? I've been following the thread of the new verna and also saw the new verna UAE review and looks like it has the looks and the engine, but the handling it still an issue specially at high speeds...
Old 27th March 2011, 11:09   #493
R17
BHPian

With Hyundai almost certain to launch a high end variant of the Verna with 6 airbags et all, it will be interesting to see Ford's response. I'd like to hope that this might begin a trend for well-specced B+ segment sedans, with the Sonic to follow suit. And we might just see Honda and VW retaliate appropriately to market pressure with new variants for the ANHC and Vento.
Old 27th March 2011, 14:43   #494
BHPian

hey guys, dont know if you have seen this video of the new fiesta. It does look like the exterior and the interior are pretty good, I read somewhere that they will be launching the petrol fiesta first, dont know how far its true. Also didnt like the legroom in the rear seat of this video, dont know if its the guy or the car

Any idea on the launch date, trims, engines and pricing of this new fiesta

Check out the video right here
Old 27th March 2011, 16:26   #495
BHPian

you definitly will like this

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks