Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 19:29   #496
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

So will it be better to pickup the S (at 8 to 8.25 on road price) or wait for the new Fiesta ? This is tricky since most probably S will not exist after the new Fiesta launch and new Fiesta top petrol variant would probably be atleast 9 on road ... (or will it be less ?)
Old 27th March 2011, 19:41   #497
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
So will it be better to pickup the S (at 8 to 8.25 on road price) or wait for the new Fiesta ? This is tricky since most probably S will not exist after the new Fiesta launch and new Fiesta top petrol variant would probably be atleast 9 on road ... (or will it be less ?)
It will be lesser than 9 on-road.
Old 28th March 2011, 00:32   #498
BHPian

@Mustang.101 hey man, how you doing today? I've been asking this question for a while now and nobody has answered it. We have been hearing about the new fiesta since march 2010 and now its march 2011. Any idea on the launch date of the new fiesta sedan diesel?
Old 28th March 2011, 07:26   #499
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
@Mustang.101 hey man, how you doing today? I've been asking this question for a while now and nobody has answered it. We have been hearing about the new fiesta since march 2010 and now its march 2011. Any idea on the launch date of the new fiesta sedan diesel?
That's a tough one as i only worked on the petrol, but I guess the diesel will launch side-by-side to the petrol model.
Old 28th March 2011, 14:12   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
That's a tough one as i only worked on the petrol, but I guess the diesel will launch side-by-side to the petrol model.
ok Can you tell me when the petrol model is going to be launched? The magazines say May 2011, any idea if thats correct?
Old 28th March 2011, 14:49   #501
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
ok Can you tell me when the petrol model is going to be launched? The magazines say May 2011, any idea if thats correct?
More or less correct, bookings will begin by May end or June 1st week.
Old 28th March 2011, 17:23   #502
An1
BHPian

Had inquired for the exiting Ford Fiesta model on the Ford Website. One of their dealers 'NCR Ford' called me and also sent a message that the New Fiesta will be launched before the month of May 2011 ends.
He was pretty sure about May. However did not confirm whether it will be beginning / mid / end of May.
Old 28th March 2011, 21:43   #503
BHPian

In USA ford promoted the fiesta in a big way with the fiesta movement and all. But I am wondering why they haven't started anything yet. Though it is a good car, it will only help if they start the promotion to stop/confuse/attract all those who are booking other competing sedans/hatches until May end 2011.
Old 29th March 2011, 01:39   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
In USA ford promoted the fiesta in a big way with the fiesta movement and all. But I am wondering why they haven't started anything yet. Though it is a good car, it will only help if they start the promotion to stop/confuse/attract all those who are booking other competing sedans/hatches until May end 2011.
It will be nice to see their teasers start with just pricing info...like prices start from 7.xx ex showroom or so and then probably Ford's logo flashing and the car under wraps in the background ! Will surely stir the market a bit I know its a wish list, but doesnt hurt to have something like this done since Indian market is quite sensitive to prices.
Old 29th March 2011, 01:41   #505
BHPian

@swiftnfurious you are right, obviously they know that hyundai will be launching the verna in may. So if they want the customers to stay in the market for few more days after the verna launch, then they better start doing it right now
Old 29th March 2011, 11:21   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
you definitly will like this

[]YouTube - Ford Fiesta road test - Top Gear - BBC[/url]
If the Fiesta can wade through such deep waters, I say it's made for Indian conditions!
Old 29th March 2011, 11:29   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
If the Fiesta can wade through such deep waters, I say it's made for Indian conditions!
Fiesta owners using Dhaula Kuan Grade Separator and Moolchand Underpass on the Ring Road during rainy season can vouch for the fact that the older Indian version can indeed wade through 1-2 feet deep waterlogging easily. Not to mention that the poor drainage there results in kilometers long jams on either side of the road.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 29th March 2011 at 11:31.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:29   #508
BHPian

Is the way it would look?

Source:

Ford Fiesta made-for-Asia sedan: Dynamic in its stance - Pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times

Front look is horrible.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:47   #509
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post

The following sentences was taken from the link that you mentioned :

Quote:
The first thing which is apparent is that this Fiesta gets away from all previous Ford models seen in India in its overall style and turnout. The boldest and clearest view as yet of Ford's kinetic design language which pervades across its global model range, the new Fiesta is dynamic in its stance and looks best in its front three-quarter angle and also from head-on but there surely is a bit of awkwardness when one takes in the rear section. Given that both sedan and hatchback share the same wheelbase, the upswept kink from the glazed area, especially at the rear contributes to this kicked up look. However, what is of greater import is that the Fiesta overall is pretty pleasing in its makeup and turnout.

The distinctive front end replete with its tenuous stretched stance conveys both modernity and purpose and those dragon eye headlamps along with the thin sliver of a front grille ramps up the excitement quotient. Add to that the large stylized opening in the front bumper along with those recessed fog lamps and the chrome-surround grille inserts, there is a lot of visual drama packed in the front end of this Fiesta.
Looks are subjective mate. By the way, this is the Thai version, Expect the Indian version to be more or less the same.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 29th March 2011 at 20:51.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:48   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It will be lesser than 9 on-road.
For the top end petrol? Then that would be excellent.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks