Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 22:13   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthym View Post
Mustang - Thanks for sharing the pictures and related information. Great scoop.

Are we getting the Chinese or the American version of the sedan. Since you have directed users to the Ford's American site for details, hence the question.
Both cars have same engines, same transmissions, & many other things that are same, Actually 90% of the fiesta sedan going to be launched in the US is the same as the chinese fiesta sedan.

So either way its a ford fiesta sedan. Also i am directing people to US site as it lists out each & every specification in detail & that also in english. Mostly all specs will be same except for a few things like SIRIUS satellite radio, Microsoft SYNC etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
@Mustang - mate, please do not take unnecessary risks at your job in order to click pics. Inside information is welcome, but not by putting yourself/job at risk.

Please take due care! All the best!!
Yes I will.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

I am taking my own sweet time in a buying a new car in India and I am not repenting one bit. Let them all roll in.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:18   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
h.

Do you guys have a Focus there yet? I know there's a Mondeo in there, so when can we see more pics?

And I had another question. Cosworth is selling a 225 BHP 2.0L Duratec engine which may soon be available in India. They say it's a straight fit on to our current Fiesta. Do you think it would be a straight fit? If it is, I don't think I will be needing the new Focus.

Cosworth -
No Focus here, Only the Mondeo.

I really dont know about that engine being fitted on the fiesta, not into this stuff, Sorry man, cant help you with this one. Try contacting cosworth & ask them if they could do it.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Wow man the fire in the figo thread has not subsided yet, we already have another interest gathering thread about Ford cars, 4 pages and more in no time..

Man. Looks like Ford is going for the kill at Indian market, and where would we have been without @Mustang now.

But mainly, Dear Mustang, as pointed by AlokSriva please do not put your job at risk for our sake, remeber launches are temporary, but job is eternal. We do not want to fall into any risks because of us.
Old 26th March 2010, 22:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
But mainly, Dear Mustang, as pointed by AlokSriva please do not put your job at risk for our sake, remeber launches are temporary, but job is eternal. We do not want to fall into any risks because of us.
however, we just LOVE your scoops, the thread itself explains it
Old 26th March 2010, 22:51   #51
BANNED

Boy, I sure did not hear anything about the plum colored dash (Pic-1) , everyone likes the black + silver here but nobody said a word about the plum colored one. I thought that the plum would be the hot topic here.

The base interiors also drew a few good comments & the blue was not liked by many here.

PS - That plum colored one is the one thats always kept indoors so that nobody sees it.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:05   #52
BHPian

@ Mustang -

Focus in Q2-Q3 of 2011 or 2012? I really wish it is 2011. Please say the old post was not a typo.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:14   #53
Team-BHP Support

I am not sure if this is really a scoop.
From what I see, the interiors are of Ford Fiesta hatchback which went on Sale in SE Asia, around same time last year. Check this link for a review from Singapore, and also some pics. In Singapore this competes with the likes of Honda Jazz, Mazda 2 (on the same Fiesta platform) etc.
oneshift.com - Singapore - Road Tests - Ford Fiesta 1.4 5 Dr (A) 2009

I love the interiors of the Fiesta, but its more of a love it or hate it design.

By the way, the Fiesta saloon had its debut at the Bangkok International Motor Show. Some news on the link below.

oneshift.com - Singapore - Motoring News - Ford Fiesta Offered in Both 4 & 5 Door Body Styles

Looking forward for the India debut.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:41   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Boy, I sure did not hear anything about the plum colored dash (Pic-1) , everyone likes the black + silver here but nobody said a word about the plum colored one. I thought that the plum would be the hot topic here.

The base interiors also drew a few good comments & the blue was not liked by many here.

PS - That plum colored one is the one thats always kept indoors so that nobody sees it.

I guess the plum colour is different from the coral red seen in the figo right?because i personally didnt mind it while i plain hated the figo red interiors!!

This one looks quite sporty in keeping with the rest of the dash theme!!however will there be a black interior option in the top end too?

Last edited by carfreak : 26th March 2010 at 23:46.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:44   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
I guess the plum colour is different from the coral red seen in the figo right?because i personally didnt mind it while i plin hated the figo red interiors!!

This one looks quite sporty in keeping with the rest of the dash theme!!however will there be a black interior option in the top end too?
Yes there will be optional i guess. There is also a possibility that on white, black & sea grey exterior colors(of titanium) you get plum dash & on others you get black + silver dash.

This strategy is also being looked into.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 26th March 2010 at 23:46.
Old 27th March 2010, 00:11   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Yes there will be optional i guess. There is also a possibility that on white, black & sea grey exterior colors(of titanium) you get plum dash & on others you get black + silver dash.

This strategy is also being looked into.
This sounds like an interesting & useful deviation - a contrast to the traditional strategy of providing almost similar dash / interiors irrespective of the exterior colour for cars at this segment.
Any idea on the engine specs. Are we getting the 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT @ 120 PS.
Old 27th March 2010, 00:24   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Great Scoop there. The interior is really an improvement over the current version and the step in the right direction. Hope they match the interior space of the competition i.e, Honda City, Linea, etc
Old 27th March 2010, 00:27   #58
BHPian

Is the exterior like this?

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-20092010fordfiestasedanguangzhouautoshow1.jpg
Old 27th March 2010, 00:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Yes,that's the booted version the European Fiesta and was launched in China sometime back.Expected in India in Q1 2011.
Old 27th March 2010, 08:28   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well i just managed to squeeze in my camera & take some spy pictures of the new ford fiesta interiors for almost all variants. ....
Quote:
.... i just got about a minute in each car to examine them so that i can report on it & take a pic (secretly).....
Quote:
... This is the best that i could manage....
mmmmmm, so you got just 1 minute in each car to secretly take spy pictures and this is the best you could do. IMHO (personal), these pictures look professional -- like how they are when they are released to the press.
They don't look like spy pictures to me but look pictures that have been carefully taken & professionally with all aspects like lightning, angles etc etc taken care of.

Either you are a very very good photographer or just got lucky

OT: Which camera were you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
@Mustang - mate, please do not take unnecessary risks at your job in order to click pics. Inside information is welcome, but not by putting yourself/job at risk. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
.... please do not put your job at risk for our sake, remeber launches are temporary, but job is eternal. We do not want to fall into any risks because of us.
I agree with fellow members here. Please don't put your job at risk and do adhere to contractual obligations that you would have with your employer -- unless you have been authorized to reveal such information.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks