Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 09:34   #796
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Seems like this is an out an out drivers car.
But somehow I do not like this new jelly bean look. Earlier Fiesta was very nice with just the right balance of curves and straight lines. Well what can we say. These are new times and new design philosophies.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:41   #797
BHPian

I personally liked the new fiesta, liked everything about it. It looks unconventional and different and that's what make is interesting for me.
Old 15th April 2011, 09:44   #798
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Was there any mention of the gear-box options?
Nope. It seems we will only come to know about engine specs and transmission once the actual launch takes place in the coming months.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:17   #799
BHPian

Being Fiesta owner I had a very hope in NFF. I am happy and some what disappointed.

Happy :
  • Better drive train
  • Awesome instrumentation (Cruise control in Sub 10L car?)
  • Nice tail light! I have seen European Mandeo in flesh, always wondered why we don't have such design! Now we got one!
  • Good looking headlights!
Frown
  • Why one reverse light? How much savings can be there by removing 1 light?
  • Why stalkers are in left? why can't you adopt?
  • Bigger problem with existing fiesta is door pockets are much useful at the back. By the look of it NFF has no slots for carrying water! Ford what are you thinking! Any time I was on highway, everyone want drink while on move and its pain if we can accommodate enough in door pockets. Someone forgot to make a study of local requirements!
  • Why panel haps are so big! e.g. boot lid, Bonet, even rear wheel arch gaps are uneven!
  • Don't like new ICE setup. No USB? why? Also its difficult to replace it with different system in market. Overall looks goes for toss!
Old 15th April 2011, 10:21   #800
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
[*]Don't like new ICE setup. No USB? why? Also its difficult to replace it with different system in market. Overall looks goes for toss![/list]
There is a USB slot and also a Aux slot in the system and is conveniently placed in a cubbyhole right next to the hand brake.

Indicator stalks are in left in your fiesta also .
Old 15th April 2011, 10:35   #801
BHPian

Well to be honest i am absolutely floored looking at the features and the stylish instrument cluster. If i had 10 L right now , i would definetly pick this car right now.

Any idea if the Diesel top variant will be priced below 10 L on road? :P
Old 15th April 2011, 10:37   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
There is a USB slot and also a Aux slot in the system and is conveniently placed in a cubbyhole right next to the hand brake.
If there is USB, why no button to select the same? You have CD/AUX/Radio/Phone.
Quote:
Indicator stalks are in left in your fiesta also .
Yes, I hate that. As such I don't have a problem. But whenever my wife drives she just can't put stalker, she always puts wiper. So before giving her wheel, I should use wiper and clean any dust first and then assume wiper running won't affect the glass. She finds it extremely difficult to adopt to left stalker setup! This will be case in most Indian families too... They must make it a law to put stalker in Right for all vehicles.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:55   #803
Senior - BHPian

After so long. We deserved more than just a "REVEAL". Disappointed.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:00   #804
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Though I am happy with the NFS on most counts, I am really put off by 2 glaring omissions---the absence of 2nd reversing light and the absence of water bottle holding door pockets. These two features are critical to Indian conditions.

At least I hope the front doors can store 1-litre bottles.

To me it looks like the sloping rear design and single revesrsing light were inspired by the SX4, though the NFS does not have that much of a hunchback side profile.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:19   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CarDeep, I never ever took your comments in bad taste. However, i can't say anything about the vento due to some implications. I was just saying that if you just increase the wheelbase and length, the car then does lose its driving dynamics.

Please do not be of the opinion that i took your comment in bad taste, i was just clarifying a few things And if you think that i was being rude, then i apologize to you.
Mustang, I never wanted & asked for the apology, & I guess you need not defend the car till eternity, just because you are Ford employee.

I will surely love to have a look at the car at one of the dealership in NCR, & if found spacious would like to test drive the car. I have always appreciated Ford cars for their ride & quality, & in fact suggested/ defended Ford cars to few. But, my problem is that I am looking for a car that can sit big family of grown-ups, & probably I am judging the car from that perspective.

Peace... as I would love to have a diesel sedan over next 5 years & consider Ford car at that time.

just read the interior space comparison by a fellow, & observed that the figures aren't much different in case of listed cars (unless the figures are fudged), difference of an inch or two... would definitely go & review the interior space in the car at dealership.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 15th April 2011 at 11:21.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:43   #806
BHPian

I hope abscence of hydrulic steering should not impact the driving pleasure. Look is beautiful but it leaves korian touch on the car, which is not my liking. Eagerly waiting for GTO review.

@GTO: Request you to take a test ride on some gravel road as well.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:45   #807
BHPian

The driver door handle (inside) was projecting a bit too much in the current fiesta and i was hoping they'll do something about it to increase the legroom in NFS.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:54   #808
BHPian

Good to see the Fiesta in its newer version. Most of us had seen scoop pictures here and there and on TBHP and various forums, so knew about the basic shape and design of the car. But the features rich upgrade has really been a very good move by Ford India.

Personally speaking, I absolutely love the new shape of the Fiesta. Hope the inclined rear shelf is positioned in a way that it does not obstruct the view while reversing. After having driven the Ikon for a couple of years, I have got used to reversing only by help from the rear view mirrors.

Overall the car seems good. Now eagerly awaiting :

1. The variants and their cost
2. The driving dynamics

As mentioned by Mustang, if these are better than the current Fiesta, Ford definitely has a winner in the new Fiesta.

Also, the service staff has to be geared up and trained well for attending to the new car and spares should be easily available - FROM THE BEGINNING.

Waiting time should not go the Vento way.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 15th April 2011 at 11:57.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:55   #809
Senior - BHPian

^^ You know, I wouldn't mind that door handle intruding into the driver's space. I feel it's good that the door handle intrudes a little as seeing by your picture, I think it will give required support to the thigh in course of long drives where you are required to continuously press the accelerator pedal and simultaneoulsy exercise your inner thigh muscles to keep the thigh straight.
The space in Ikon is just a little more to support the thigh against the door. I think this would be a handy thing atleast on a long drive and I see that it leaves adequate space to maneouvre the steering. But this might hinder the movement of people with heavy legs.
But I would see that as a comfort feature. I don't know if this design has been intended, but this would be good IMO.

EDIT: I really am digging the New fiesta. The only thing I didn't like was the rear heavy look from the sides on those small wheel arches. Feels like the car is already heavy and tilting downwards. But I just adore everything that's on offer from design to the features.
I just hope that navigation would also have been integrated for the car this rich.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 15th April 2011 at 11:58.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:55   #810
BHPian

Here is the brochure, taken from Ford India Website.

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-picture-1.png

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-picture-2.png

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-picture-3.png

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-picture-4.png

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-picture-5.png

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-picture-6.png

Brochure: NewFiesta_Brochure.pdf

Source:
Ford India - The All-New Fiesta
Closed Thread

Most Viewed