Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:03   #1021
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It is auto fold as well as through a switch. I do not lknow what nonsense they are doing at select citywalk, Sometimes they lock the car, sometimes they put the covers on. God knows what they are up to.

Do you know when the car was supposed to be unlocked?
Read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
What Mustang.101 was trying to convey is, the switch would open or close the OVRMs when the car is running. The mirrors would "auto fold" when the car is parked and then locked using the remote -If what i inferred from Mustang.101's post was right
Yes that was exactly what i was trying to convey.
Old 24th April 2011, 12:30   #1022
BHPian

Why is Ford offering the 3 sensor based Parking sensors as opposed to the more accurate, conventional 4 sensor based Parking sensors?
Old 24th April 2011, 13:19   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Now, a lot of people have been cribbing about the rear but (IMHO), its not bad at all, though may have looked better if the lamp cluster was larger -
Attachment 534623

What really pissed us off yesterday was that the car was locked & hence couldn't check out the interior space!
I got other cribs...isn't the Fiesta badge fixed 'tedha' (drooping down to right)? And this is the first demo car for the country?
Why I point this out is Ford is making a poor case out of marketing a seemingly excellent product. Went to a Ford dealer yesterday to check out the Figo and the Fiesta classic. I stood there for 2-3 min by myself while the salespeople chatted among themselves despite having seen me. Worse, while I tried to make eye contact, they would look away and keep chatting. Finally I interrupted them for attention. Then one guy showed me the Figo. No TD car was available, he made me sit in one car, I wanted to hear the engince and see the ICE, AC, headlamps etc. As I sat in and started the car, a lady came out and started asking the salesperson what I was doing and then I realised that she'd bought that car. Some training in sales! Hastily got out and congratulated the lady and walked away. Alarming practice, that a delivery car being used in this manner.
All were clueless about NFS pricing, said 10-12 L, I was like . When I told them expectations of 7-9 L voiced everywhere, they were lost.

Fiesta classic is the same car with minor interior changes. Fabric seats, new 2 DIN ICE.
Old 24th April 2011, 17:15   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
I got other cribs...isn't the Fiesta badge fixed 'tedha' (drooping down to right)?
I think the tops of the alphabets are aligned - the alphabets are getting slightly bigger as you move from left to right......at least that's how it looked to me.
Old 24th April 2011, 18:29   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the tops of the alphabets are aligned - the alphabets are getting slightly bigger as you move from left to right......at least that's how it looked to me.
I, for one, find that funky styling quite appealing. When I first saw it in a hatch in London, I found it very eye-catching.
Old 24th April 2011, 19:02   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I, for one, find that funky styling quite appealing. When I first saw it in a hatch in London, I found it very eye-catching.
Definitely. Not many cars step out from the boring usual fonts. It helps a lot in creating a strong sub-brand too. The Punto had an innovative lettering too and it did grab a lot of attention from the media for that too.
Old 24th April 2011, 20:44   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
I thought of these things too, but the same logo is on the number plate (which is perfect) and then realised the steel one is at an angle. Small issue this, but shows the attention to detail (or the lack of it) is all.
Old 25th April 2011, 19:28   #1028
BHPian

Looks like Ford India doesn't like me. Everyone else had a different experience! I had registered on the website like others and got a call today (finally!) from Chennai. The guy spoke in broken Hindi. Here's the convo :
Guy : Aapne Ford ke site pe register kiya tha?
Me : Haan, bolo?
Guy : Aapko Fiesta ke baare me kaise pata chala?
Me : Internet se! (Duh!)
Guy : Petrol lena chahenge ki diesel?
Me : Kab tak launch hogi? Kuch details de sakte ho?
Guy : June 2nd week tak hogi, mujhe kuch nahi pata.
Me : Features bhi nahi maloom?
Guy : Air 'Conductor with blast' (LOL! I am sure he meant Air Conditioner), power
steering, power windows.
Me : Bas? Variants? Power?
Guy : Hamare list me kuch nahi hai. Aapke paas koi gaadi hai?
Me : Haan hai, Palio.
Guy : Ye kaunsi gaadi hai?
Me :
Old 25th April 2011, 19:31   #1029
BHPian

^what a blast (from an Air Conductor?) driveanddrive, is that hilarious or what? 'Petrol lena chahenge ki diesel?' My reply would be, 'pehle 2 liter petrol fir 4 liter diesel loonga'. ROTFL. I also got a call from Ford today regarding the NFS. Looks like data regarding interested customers is being gathered before they launch the car properly. Maybe they want to ascertain the demand to match with production capacity or something? Don't really know. The caller wanted to know what car I drove. He didn't know the lauch date or any other useful info. But the guy spoke English reasonably well and was courteous.

Last edited by Delta Wing : 25th April 2011 at 19:39.
Delta Wing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 19:37   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe they want to ascertain the demand to match with production capacity or something? Don't really know.
I don't think so. They didn't even put up an advertisement/teasers like Hyundai did. How can they gauge the demand by depending only on the registrations on their website?
Everyone (laymen) is aware of the new Verna but no one is aware about the new Fiesta. 2-3 people I know have already booked the Verna and they don't even know about the Fiesta.

Delta Wing, it was hilarious as well irritating! I couldn't control my laughter man But I expected something better.

Last edited by driveanddrive : 25th April 2011 at 19:58.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:59   #1031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Looks like Ford India doesn't like me. Everyone else had a different experience! I had registered on the website like others and got a call today (finally!) from Chennai. The guy spoke in broken Hindi. Here's the convo :
Guy : Air 'Conductor with blast' (LOL! I am sure he meant Air Conditioner), power
steering, power windows.
Me :
Quote:
^what a blast (from an Air Conductor?) driveanddrive, is that hilarious or what? 'Petrol lena chahenge ki diesel?' My reply would be, 'pehle 2 liter petrol fir 4 liter diesel loonga'. ROTFL. I also got a call from Ford today regarding the NFS. Looks like data regarding interested customers is being gathered before they launch the car properly. Maybe they want to ascertain the demand to match with production capacity or something? Don't really know. The caller wanted to know what car I drove. He didn't know the lauch date or any other useful info. But the guy spoke English reasonably well and was courteous.
You guys are truly hilarious !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
I don't think so. They didn't even put up an advertisement/teasers like Hyundai did. How can they gauge the demand by depending only on the registrations on their website?
Everyone (laymen) is aware of the new Verna but no one is aware about the new Fiesta. 2-3 people I know have already booked the Verna and they don't even know about the Fiesta.

Delta Wing, it was hilarious as well irritating! I couldn't control my laughter man But I expected something better.
I guess they might get a random number of interested parties. I believe they managed the Figo launch with a good number of pre-launch manufactured cars! Isnt it so? I know the initial rush was maintained with a very decent wait time / delivery times. So they should be expecting to do better this time. And remember Mustang saying that the instruction is "no more than 2 months delivery delay for any of the variants". So they should be gearing up well for this.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:02   #1032
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
And remember Mustang saying that the instruction is "no more than 2 months delivery delay for any of the variants". So they should be gearing up well for this.
Yes the game plan is that deliveries initially should not take more than 2 months (+ or - 10%) and after 2-3 months of the launch the delivery time should not be more than 45 days. And later on not more than a month.
Old 25th April 2011, 23:26   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
driveanddrive Re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46
steering, power windows.
Me :
God I'm onto the ground by reading this post!! This is what exactly happens when some call center guy calls up.
Old 26th April 2011, 01:14   #1034
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th April 2011 at 08:05.
Old 26th April 2011, 06:50   #1035
BHPian

Quote:

I guess they might get a random number of interested parties. I believe they managed the Figo launch with a good number of pre-launch manufactured cars! Isnt it so? I know the initial rush was maintained with a very decent wait time / delivery times. So they should be expecting to do better this time. .
Looks like it. But they should have at least aired teasers etc to let the masses know? They will I guess, in the coming days. There should also be a display vehicle in every showroom from mid may?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
God I'm onto the ground by reading this post!! This is what exactly happens when some call center guy calls up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Now that was really hilarious
I swear! It was really funny man! But I also felt like punching him
Anyway..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed