Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:29   #1111
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Xehaust buddy, the reason for all these discussions is the video in post #1096. Watch 3:18 of the video when the reviewer shows the soft touch aspect of the Fiesta dash, which seemes really impressive
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:54   #1112
Senior - BHPian

When is Ford planning to launch the 6 Speed powershift transmission on the Fiesta? Reports say that the Powershift offers better economy and is faster than the 5 speed manual counterpart! Exciting auto-box in the segment for sure
Old 4th May 2011, 09:02   #1113
BHPian

Mustang - Why are we getting the "hatch like grill" (non chrome) in India? The US sedan looks way better with the chrome grill. Below are the two pictures for comparison from Ford US website. We are getting the second picture like front if we go by the launch pictures. Just more cost cutting for us? Do you know if the top variant have the chrome grill?

Ford is probably saving the chrome grill for future "upgrades" in our market

Please excuse me if this has already been discussed. I have not gone through the entire thread.
Attached Images

Old 4th May 2011, 09:12   #1114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Mustang - Why are we getting the "hatch like grill" (non chrome) in India? The US sedan looks way better with the chrome grill. Below are the two pictures for comparison from Ford US website. We are getting the second picture like front if we go by the launch pictures. Just more cost cutting for us? Do you know if the top variant have the chrome grill?

From what I know, most of the manufacturers have US / OUS specifications for their cars, including some external variances. I guess this grill is one such thing. Personally, I liked the Euro look (2nd pic)
Old 4th May 2011, 09:20   #1115
BANNED

Had an wonderful opportunity to sit in NFS last weekend. It was the same Blue color. Fantastic interiors I must say.
Old 4th May 2011, 12:15   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I guess this grill is one such thing. Personally, I liked the Euro look (2nd pic)
Me too love the grill-less one. The US version looks like they borrowed design clues from Indica.
Old 4th May 2011, 13:19   #1117
BANNED

Quote:

This is not a question of cost cutting. The US version has 2 different types of grille design to differentiate b/w the hatch and the sedan from the front. Since they got both the body styles from start so this was thought as a differentiating factor amongst the two styles.

PS - I like the grille less design and I am glad that it is making its way into India.
Old 4th May 2011, 13:37   #1118
Senior - BHPian

I think Ford had to modify the grill while launching the car in the U.S. to meet the very high pedestrian safety norms over there. The rear bumper of the U.S. spec Fiesta sedan too, if you notice, protrudes much longer than our Fiesta's bumper does
Old 4th May 2011, 13:40   #1119
Senior - BHPian

The bumper on the hatch looks swell. Ford please put them on the sporty Fiesta hatch when you decide to bring it to India.
Old 4th May 2011, 13:42   #1120
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I think Ford had to modify the grill while launching the car in the U.S. to meet the very high pedestrian safety norms over there. The rear bumper of the U.S. spec Fiesta sedan too, if you notice, protrudes much longer than our Fiesta's bumper does
Pedestrian safety norms are the same for both the cars in the US and the front end of both the cars was redesigned for that. But, the grill design change was not because of that, it was only to differentiate the two models.

The rear of the car is similar to the one that will come to India. The bumpers protrude similarly too.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:00   #1121
BHPian

The new Fiesta is now live on the Ford India Website

Ford India - The All-New Fiesta
Old 4th May 2011, 15:11   #1122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
The new Fiesta is now live on the Ford India Website

Ford India - The All-New Fiesta
Sorry, but this is not something new. It was there from day 1 of the new Fiesta unveiling event.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 15:39   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
This is not a question of cost cutting. The US version has 2 different types of grille design to differentiate b/w the hatch and the sedan from the front. Since they got both the body styles from start so this was thought as a differentiating factor amongst the two styles.

PS - I like the grille less design and I am glad that it is making its way into India.
Not just the grille, the entire front bumper and headlamps are different on the US version. The US version has a slightly smaller opening in the bumper and also has a bolt-on grille. Whereas the version we are getting has a bigger opening and an integrated grille. Also the foglamps are totally different.

Sadly we are also not getting LED lighting at the rear like the US models.

If this isn't cost-cutting, then I'm sure this is "customising to the Indian tastes" (coral dash, anyone?)
Old 4th May 2011, 17:28   #1124
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Sadly we are also not getting LED lighting at the rear like the US models.
LED lighting is also only available in the US. It is not there in any other country.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:39   #1125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Mustang--I do agree the car looks hot, but I was wondering why they narrowed the grill to look like the Figo or the new Ikon. The one that is getting released in the US has a broader grill, as in the pics I had posted last month.

Despite each manufacturer having his own design philosophy, I too among those who feel that the new Fiesta, Verna and Sonata seem to look similar in design---both on the exterior and also on the waterfall design on the dashborad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The grill is extinct to get that kinetic design to look like the hood has completely gelled with the bumper.

Well you are right, the US one has a grille. But that's only in the US. This is because of the US pedestrian safety norms. People at ford worked hard for two years to completely redesign the front portion of the US fiesta so that it completely resembles the fiesta throughout the globe, But one thing they could not get is the grille-less design and hence a grille was installed.

And regarding the design strategy and looks, everyone has the right to judge and it is a very subjective matter .

No other country has a Fiesta with a grille.
Quote:

Please excuse me if this has already been discussed. I have not gone through the entire thread.

This was already discussed last month on the posts quoted above. I'd also uploaded pics of the US model on post # 177 on this thread.

Last edited by vnabhi : 4th May 2011 at 17:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks