Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2011, 17:45   #1126
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Has someone got the ARAI figures for the new fiesta? I know some people here have contacts/are working at ARAI.
Old 4th May 2011, 18:29   #1127
Senior - BHPian

But the rear bumper of the U.S. version does seem to be protruding more sir?

Below is the rear of our Fiesta,
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fordfiestasedan1024x575.jpg
And here is the rear of the U.S. Fiesta,
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-2011fordfiestasedan.jpg
Seems to be protruding for me
Old 4th May 2011, 18:34   #1128
BANNED

Aravind, I know the bumpers look different in the above pic but this is because of 2 aspects:

1. The angle from which the pic is taken
2. The black portion in the US car's bumper.

Another example:
If you see, the lines in our fiesta look more bold and clearly defined than the US version, However it is not the case, The two cars have the same lines on the side.

However AFAIK, the US version and the other version of the fiesta sedan have the same bumpers, Still i will check and get back to you tomorrow.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th May 2011 at 18:36.
Old 4th May 2011, 19:07   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Here are few pictures that make my doubt about the different rear bumpers stronger.
Indian Fiesta.New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-indian-fiesta.jpg
U.S. Fiesta. New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-u.s.-fiesta.jpg
Notable protrusion in the bumper missing in our Fiesta. New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-rear.jpg
Old 4th May 2011, 19:19   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Notable protrusion in the bumper missing in our Fiesta.
Aravind, in one way that is better, given the Indian habits of bumper-to-bumper driving. If we get the same US design then God knows how many times we will have to get the bumper repaired.
Old 4th May 2011, 19:23   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Aravind, in one way that is better, given the Indian habits of bumper-to-bumper driving. If we get the same US design then God knows how many times we will have to get the bumper repaired.
On the other hand, small hits may damage the boot-lid instead of the bumper. That would be even worse.
Old 4th May 2011, 20:00   #1132
Distinguished - BHPian

and dont miss the wheels, the rear light cluster, the scoops for the fogs, and the antenna.
if not anything, i just wish the wheels make it, even as an option...
Old 4th May 2011, 20:05   #1133
BANNED

I called up a person i know in Dearborn just now (in the wee hours of morning ) and asked about the bumpers.

He said that the front and rear bumper of the US version is different from the european or the asia-pacific region. There is also a reinforced impact bar in the front of the car in the american version. He also said that the american fiesta sedan has only 60% parts common with the rest of the world's fiesta. This is due to the massive changes that took place in the front of the body.

Also the american fiesta is about 100 pounds (or was it kgs?) heavier than the rest of the world. But he also said this is just true for the american version while for all other versions (including europe), they are more or less the same car.

Aravind was right in pointing out that the bumpers protrude out more in the american fiesta.
Mustang.101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2011, 20:10   #1134
BANNED

Everytime I see the hatch, my heart aches. Why Ford why?
Old 4th May 2011, 20:32   #1135
Senior - BHPian

The U.S. spec Fiesta alloy wheel design is much more appealing, but they are 16 inch ones which might hit the ride hard, which in India would become a very bad negative point. Also I prefer the sporty headlamps in our Fiesta with blacked out triple focus lamps over the U.S. version
Old 4th May 2011, 21:24   #1136
Senior - BHPian

The US spec tailamps look good too.Somehow the US spec fiesta rear looks so much better,well proportioned and loses that bloated look of the India/Euro spec fiesta.And those sexy alloys and electric blue paintwork help matters too!
Old 4th May 2011, 21:30   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The U.S. spec Fiesta alloy wheel design is much more appealing, but ...
+1 to this viewpoint.

Further, the US car seems to be better-spec'd. Front impact bar seems to be something like the dog bar in the current Fiesta. Even the bumpers look solid in the US model.

Someone said that the boot in the Indian version might take a hit due to the thin bumper. In that case, the only car that is well-shielded from such hits is the Ritz .

Sorry for digressing.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:53   #1138
Senior - BHPian

The American version has a bit more chrome all around. It would not be a bad idea to give the Fiesta a dash of chrome in future. And those alloys look delicious.
Old 4th May 2011, 23:15   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
The American version has a bit more chrome all around. It would not be a bad idea to give the Fiesta a dash of chrome in future. And those alloys look delicious.
I don't find much chrome on the U.S. spec, apart from on the front grill. Ford India should have payed more attention to what kind of stylish shoes Fiestas around the world are wearing Please give us better alloys, the ones showcased really lack character and look bland. They don't do any justice in conveying how exciting the car actually feels to drive !

Last edited by aravind.anand : 4th May 2011 at 23:16.
Old 5th May 2011, 00:36   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The US spec tailamps look good too.Somehow the US spec fiesta rear looks so much better,well proportioned and loses that bloated look of the India/Euro spec fiesta.And those sexy alloys and electric blue paintwork help matters too!
+1. Having seen both the US sedan and hatch in person, I think the US spec fiesta looks very good overall. Those protruding bumpers definitely help improve the rear looks - as you rightly said it looks less jazzed up or bloated from the back. To me, the US spec rear, with LEDs looks way, way better. I still find the tail lamps smallish, though.

The front also looks classy with that chrome grille - and I am not a fan of too much chrome - in fact I hate chrome overdose. In this fiesta, it is just right. Never liked the US Ford Fusion for too much of chrome in the grille. But the Fiesta sedan was just rightly done and in Blue and Red, it looks striking! Hopefully we will get it in the next facelift.

Last edited by SunilM : 5th May 2011 at 00:37.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed