Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 13:48   #1186
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Renault has announced Fluence's ARAI figures. Verna's ARAI figures are astonishing, making it the most efficient diesel sedan probably. Now with Ford India's CEO Mr. Michael Boneham claiming that the Fiesta would be the most fuel efficient in the segment at the unveiling event, it would be a herculean task IMO. When would Fiesta's ARAI figures be revealed?
Old 10th May 2011, 19:06   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
The most difficult thing is to understand the point of view or 'wives'.. the other day my friend's wife said she likes the Hyundai Accent looks compared to Fiesta 1.6S that i have
Well, maybe you ought to satisfy your wife... buy an Accent and sell me your 1.6S
Old 11th May 2011, 11:49   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
...the point of view or 'wives'.. the other day my friend's wife said she likes the Hyundai Accent looks compared to Fiesta 1.6S that i have
Well, I have to confess, I owned an Accent (2002-2004) before my Ikon and now I have both the Ikon and a 1.6S. I still find the Accent attractive in its own way. Even after 10 years. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder', I guess that's absolutely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
agreed, but as my mom and wife put it in comparison very succinctly ,"why do those two stillettos look the same to you?"
Ha, ha! They got you there! Yep, I have the same problem at home when my wife asks how's my new kameez and damn! to me it looks the same as a few others she owns! Most quarrels begin this way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Well, maybe you ought to satisfy your wife... buy an Accent and sell me your 1.6S
Good try! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Folks, on another Fiesta note, this thread on a yet-to-be-sold model has 80 pages already. I'm curious, has any other make/model generated such intense discussions as the 2011 Fiesta in T-Bhp?

Of course, we're lucky to have Mustang with us who drives much of the discussion, but still, it seems to me that inherently, a lot of people are looking to Ford to provide excitement in a reasonably priced package.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:17   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to change the HU in the new Fiesta? I think people who prefer after market HUs will have a tough time. I have noticed the same problem in the Beat top end version too. Integrated HUs look good but hurts when you want to change it!
Old 11th May 2011, 12:17   #1190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Folks, on another Fiesta note, this thread on a yet-to-be-sold model has 80 pages already. I'm curious, has any other make/model generated such intense discussions as the 2011 Fiesta in T-Bhp?

Of course, we're lucky to have Mustang with us who drives much of the discussion, but still, it seems to me that inherently, a lot of people are looking to Ford to provide excitement in a reasonably priced package.
I think that is due to the progress made by Ford in engaging their customers (or prospective buyers). I guess this started with the launch of Figo. They have repositioned themselves as a manufacturer who is extremely serious about the Indian market.

And on a side note, the official review thread of Figo is now close to 300 pages!
Old 11th May 2011, 12:26   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Is there a way to change the HU in the new Fiesta? I think people who prefer after market HUs will have a tough time. I have noticed the same problem in the Beat top end version too. Integrated HUs look good but hurts when you want to change it!
am quite sure ford will be providing an aftermarket adapter unit like the one for the current fiesta.
I hope its is as cheap, price wise, as it is now.

PS: IS the current fiesta the current fiesta, or is this fiesta the current fiesta?If so then what is the fiesta classic?if the new fiesta is the current fiesta, and my fiesta is the old fiesta, then the classic is the new old fiesta?

quite enjoyed that.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:57   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
am quite sure ford will be providing an aftermarket adapter unit like the one for the current fiesta.
I hope its is as cheap, price wise, as it is now.

PS: IS the current fiesta the current fiesta, or is this fiesta the current fiesta?If so then what is the fiesta classic?if the new fiesta is the current fiesta, and my fiesta is the old fiesta, then the classic is the new old fiesta?

quite enjoyed that.
What I actually meant was, there is no rectangular area to fit the 2-din music system there.
And ya he he he, your Fiesta has now become a classic car You must thank Ford for that! We should start addressing the 'to be launched' Fiesta as the New Fiesta and the older version as the Fiesta Classic.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:54   #1193
BHPian

after annoucement of verna's high price.....top disel model is touching to almost to 11.5 lac. ford people must be happy. if ford keeps price under control then they may repeat history of figo....
Old 11th May 2011, 16:48   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What I actually meant was, there is no rectangular area to fit the 2-din music system there.
And ya he he he, your Fiesta has now become a classic car You must thank Ford for that! We should start addressing the 'to be launched' Fiesta as the New Fiesta and the older version as the Fiesta Classic.
so my old fiesta has a new version which is an updated MK.
meanwhile , before the new fiesta comes, there is a mildly new fiesta which is an update on the old fiesta, my fiesta, and has less equipment and trim , looks the same, drives the same, but is NEW!!!

Is ford planning to pull a porsche on us?

Anyway,
@aravind, even the old/new fiesta didnt have a 2DIN sized hole.
You have remove the OE HU, and install the adaptor.

pictures attached(theyre from a couple of threads here only)
Its what i have sued.
cost 220.

So, I am quite sure there is something already being produced by ford,similar, for the NFF.
and ford making it means, it doesnt matter what shape it is...it'll be OE, so , will fit.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-041020088852.jpg  

Last edited by mayankk : 11th May 2011 at 16:57.
Old 11th May 2011, 19:55   #1195
Senior - BHPian

@mayankk : I got your point now. I can see the adaptor too in the pic you have posted, thank you for that bro

But the new Fiesta has the central console and the AC vents integrated too, and also it is curved.
In the below pic, the maroon highlighting shows the centre console that is made of one single piece. Hence my worry :(
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-fiesta-inty.jpg
Old 11th May 2011, 20:50   #1196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@mayankk : I got your point now. I can see the adaptor too in the pic you have posted, thank you for that bro

But the new Fiesta has the central console and the AC vents integrated too, and also it is curved.
In the below pic, the maroon highlighting shows the centre console that is made of one single piece. Hence my worry :(
Attachment 543376
Worry not!!
Single , AND double din adaptors!!!
single's already on ebay, 35 pounds()

double is on :

Celsus ICE - car audio accessories

ahem, 99 pounds!!

though i am sure it wil be available from ford too
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-untitled.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-38111420s.jpg  

Old 11th May 2011, 21:12   #1197
BHPian

@mayankk - great find all the buyers thinking of ICEing the new Fiesta can relax now.
Old 11th May 2011, 21:29   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Worry not!!
Single , AND double din adaptors!!!
single's already on ebay, 35 pounds()

double is on :

Celsus ICE - car audio accessories

ahem, 99 pounds!!

though i am sure it wil be available from ford too
Ah thats great news. But I would not want to change the OE HU as its integrated really well. One more question boss, what would happen to the steering mounted controls and the bluetooth control buttons?
Old 11th May 2011, 21:57   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

look for "PAC-SWI"....
if your aftermarket HU has BT, it will work.
volume, of course.

looked a bit expensive.
check out this link for a complete overview...

INSTALL: Steering Wheel Interface 2006 Taco 4d 4wd JBL ( SWI-JACK ) - Tacoma World Forums

EDIT:
"ghar ki murgi", etc

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...oneer-dvd.html

Last edited by mayankk : 11th May 2011 at 21:59. Reason: link added
Old 11th May 2011, 22:05   #1200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ah thats great news. But I would not want to change the OE HU as its integrated really well. One more question boss, what would happen to the steering mounted controls and the bluetooth control buttons?
Most of the branded players now provide an IR module along with the player [or is it sold separately] which will make the steering wheel controls work with the after market systems. So it should be taken care of well. BT also should be the same case I believe. Even if not, I am sure some one will start manufacturing it [or might be already available abroad] once Fiesta starts setting the sales charts on fire!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks