Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 08:29   #1261
BANNED

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
If it can be displayed in Delhi, why not other cities and is it available for you to sit in it?
It will be available to see and take a test drive very soon in other cities also, Sometimes they do open the new fiesta and then people can have a look inside by sitting in it.
Old 19th May 2011, 09:20   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for bringing Vento here in this thread. Okay, competition can be discussed here . Got a chance to drive Vento? What's your take on it compared to the mini ride in NF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
very soon in other cities also
By any chance before June 1, 2011?

Last edited by Surprise : 19th May 2011 at 09:23.
Old 19th May 2011, 11:21   #1263
BHPian

Few articles from the UK: (Pardon me if these have been posted already by others):

The Telegraph:Top 10 best selling cars in March and April:

No.1 Ford Fiesta Supermini:

Top 10 best selling cars in March - Telegraph

Top 10 best selling cars in April - Telegraph

The Telegraph: 6th December 2010: Why the Ford Fiesta is still Britain's favourite car

Why the Ford Fiesta is still Britain's favourite car - Telegraph

The Independent, 30th March 2011: Experian names Ford Fiesta as UK's best-selling used car:

Experian names Ford Fiesta as UK's best-selling used car - Motoring News, Motoring - The Independent

Generally speaking, what kind of resale can one expect from used Fiestas in India?

Hi Mustang, what's the difference between this UK supermini and our Fiesta (besides the 2 doors)?
Damu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 14:23   #1264
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Damu - Nice links there.

"transaction prices are often a long way short of the published prices. Few people pay retail money for a Ford"

Things are no different in UK too
Old 19th May 2011, 15:54   #1265
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Sorry for bringing Vento here in this thread. Okay, competition can be discussed here . Got a chance to drive Vento? What's your take on it compared to the mini ride in NF
By any chance before June 1, 2011?
Sorry man but i have been strictly told not to compare ford products with other cars.

Not before June 1 for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post

Hi Mustang, what's the difference between this UK supermini and our Fiesta (besides the 2 doors)?
Hi actually most people in the UK also buy the 4 door version only.
The Indian fiesta differs from the UK fiesta as the Indian version has a boot. Plus there are more engine options in the UK but in India we are getting the top of the line 1.6 L petrol and diesel engines only.

So the main difference is the boot as the fiesta there is the hatchback version.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 16:25   #1266
BHPian

I wonder if Fiat and Honda will do something (add more features, cut price etc) with the launch of Verna and soon Fiesta...
Old 19th May 2011, 16:48   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
I wonder if Fiat and Honda will do something (add more features, cut price etc) with the launch of Verna and soon Fiesta...
How many more features can fiat add? Their cars already come loaded. Also the price is not so bad. They probably can spruce up the interiors a bit and introduced the 1.6 multijet. But they need to start opening their own exclusive service centres atleast.
About Honda, they need to provide way more features and not jack up the price after providing them. But will they, thats a big question mark for both of the brands.
Old 19th May 2011, 18:33   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the competition. Honda has to 'START" adding some features and reduce the price
Old 19th May 2011, 21:38   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Comparing with the new Verna, the features the Fiesta misses out are - Reversing camera with LCD display in the rear view mirror, an inch of alloys, rear disc brakes, curtain airbags, cooled glove box, Engine start/stop button. But adds Cruise Control, Voice control, (hopefully) a better music system, seat base height adjusters. Anything that I have missed out guys?
Old 19th May 2011, 22:56   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Instead of features, Fiat should look at it's weak link - the engine displacement. A VFM priced 1.6 engine on the Linea could be a killer.

Honda is supposedly preparing a diesel, as it should; but is taking too long. Two years. The SX4 had posed a serious challenge to the city when it is was introduced. The Honda came back with force. Let us see how this progresses against the Verna. An interesting battle.
Old 20th May 2011, 00:08   #1271
BHPian

Overheard some Honda dealer guy talking about the pricing of City Diesel, and I am sure he said 14L but not sure if it was the top-end variant (but 14L sounds typically like Honda's pricing). Have been asking around for the prices, will post once i get a clear and reliable info.

Ram
Old 20th May 2011, 06:59   #1272
Senior - BHPian

How many diesel variants would be on 1.6? Since dual airbag/ ABS/front disc brakes are standard across variants, Iam wondering how do they differentiate between two variants, if any, @1.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Comparing with the new Verna, the features the Fiesta misses out are - Reversing camera with LCD display in the rear view mirror, an inch of alloys, rear disc brakes, curtain airbags, cooled glove box, Engine start/stop button. But adds Cruise Control, Voice control, (hopefully) a better music system, seat base height adjusters. Anything that I have missed out guys?
Additional air bags & rear disc are the ones that I will be missing. Going by Mustang.101 indication that pricing will be very competitive, I guess its top end variant ex-showroom price will fall under Rs10L & also would be cheaper by 30k-50k than SX(o). Would not it get cheaper by 60k-80k OTR? This can be for tyre upgrade & reversing camera....pocket the extra savings or go for mods to boost the PS

Edit: Pulled out from this thread

Quote:
6 airbags : Will be available on top variant as std.
ESP: Will also be available on top variant.
The sunroof was being worked out to offer as a std. in the top end variant but i am not sure whether it will be std. or not. But i think it will be std.
Quote:
There might not be a 6 airbag version.
Is there any other advantage on sunroof other than allowing more light on to the cabin?

Last edited by Surprise : 20th May 2011 at 07:10.
Old 20th May 2011, 09:46   #1273
BHPian

Since i am in the market for a new sedan in the 8-12 lakh range , i went to see the fiesta at select citywalk and to be honest i was dissapointed . The staff at the stall did not know about the car and shockingly they were not allowing people to even see the car , let alone sit inside . If this is a PR stunt it has backfired , no matter how good the fiesta is i wont be considering it anymore.
Old 20th May 2011, 10:22   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Overheard some Honda dealer guy talking about the pricing of City Diesel, and I am sure he said 14L but not sure if it was the top-end variant (but 14L sounds typically like Honda's pricing). Have been asking around for the prices, will post once i get a clear and reliable info.

Ram
The Honda dealer is probably speaking out of fear of competition. I dont believe Honda would indulge in conversations about the City Diesels pricing so soon ! The car is 2 years away and probably the next gen city will get the diesel mill. Also, dealers are never involved at such an early stage of the cars development.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:10   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
no matter how good the fiesta is i wont be considering it anymore.
Is he a watchman of that mall or a Ford executive?

Relax. Do not base such a high value purchases with ignorable incidents. You could have clicked some pics & post it here
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks