Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 19:12   #1291
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
OT.
Specifically to clear this doubt, i had been to VW showroom just after taking a verna test drive in the back seat.

i don't think it's better by a very significant margin. may be a cm at the max. i'm approx 5'10 1/2". So i can pass 2-3 fingers in both Verna and the Vento between the head and the roof.
You are right about the headroom I just checked today and its almost the same. Vento's has a bit more headroom. But the sitting position of the vento somehow makes it comfortable than the Verna. Also I checked the legroom is more in the Vento.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ventohr.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-vernahr.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ventolr.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-vernalr.jpg  

sreejinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 19:46   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Yes a 1.6 diesel Linea with price on par with new verna SX CRDi diesel would be really great.

And in addition, can price their T-jet on par with Verna SX petrol.
Now that may classify as dream within dream
I meant T-jet plus here.....
Old 20th May 2011, 21:38   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes a 1.6 diesel Linea with price on par with new verna SX CRDi diesel would be really great.

And in addition, can price their T-jet on par with Verna SX petrol.
Now that may classify as dream within dream
Though I haven't driven the Verna; based on TBhp reports, it seems that till the launch of another Honda City, the Verna may outsell it. Then with a new model, it may do what was done to the SX4 - make it seem like a poor buy, unless one is on a budget.

Last edited by Poitive : 20th May 2011 at 21:43.
Old 20th May 2011, 21:47   #1294
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between nomal "1.6-litre TDCi Duratorq diesel with diesel particulate filter" and ECOnetic "1.6-litre TDCi Duratorq diesel with diesel particulate filter" from the below link. The fuel economy seems to be different for both the models in UK. Normal 1.6 has almost same fuel efficiency as our current 1.4 diesel. But 1.6 econetic has higher fuel efficiency. A big question. Which version is going to serve in india? Normal or ECOnetic?

Ford Fiesta - Small car fuel efficient technology - Ford UK
We will be getting the normal 1.6 TDCI, the ecnetic model has a different tuning set up and low friction parts in the engine. Also the wheels and tyres are different, body weight is lesser and the car has lower ground clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
You are right about the headroom I just checked today and its almost the same. Vento's has a bit more headroom. But the sitting position of the vento somehow makes it comfortable than the Verna. Also I checked the legroom is more in the Vento.
Quote:
I meant T-jet plus here.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Though I haven't driven the Verna; based on TBhp reports, it seems that till the launch of another Honda City, the Verna may outsell it. Then with a new model, it may do what was done to the SX4 - make it seem like a poor buy, unless one is on a budget.
People, we are just taking this thread
Old 20th May 2011, 21:56   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
People, we are just taking this thread
That sure was off topic. Sorry.

I am on the phone with multiple TBhp tabs open (yes I am addicted!) and thought this was on the Verna thread. Was an oversight.
Old 20th May 2011, 23:21   #1296
BHPian

Would the % of localization be an indicator of long term maintenance cost? Any idea what it might be for this car?
Old 21st May 2011, 08:41   #1297
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Would the % of localization be an indicator of long term maintenance cost? Any idea what it might be for this car?
Localization increases with time. It could be 60-70% on the day of launch. It will increase substantially with time.

Another piece of info.

Ford opened three new integrated 3-S [Showroom, Sales and Service] dealerships AVK Ford in Mumbai, Odisha Ford in Cuttack and Omie Ford in Itanagar.

Thus the dealer network has now reached the count of 173.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 21st May 2011 at 08:59.
Old 21st May 2011, 09:48   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Another piece of info.
Ford opened three new integrated 3-S [Showroom, Sales and Service] dealerships AVK Ford in Mumbai, Odisha Ford in Cuttack and Omie Ford in Itanagar.
Thus the dealer network has now reached the count of 173.
Mustang that's great info.
I know before the launch of Figo, Ford opened many Dealers and Service centres all across the country. Even Patna got one that time.
It's reassuring to know that Ford is continuing the good work and adding more dealers across the country.
And now , it's literally like you can drive your Ford to any part of the country . Great work Ford.
Old 21st May 2011, 12:54   #1299
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang--it is nice to know that Ford is continually opening more service and sales outlets.

OT--Odisha Ford in Cuttack? My God, Cuttack was devoid of a Ford dealer since 1952, when Nehru imposed steep duties on imported cars, in order to promote indigenously made cars like the Amby. My grandpa was a Ford dealer from 1930s till then for entire Orissa and north AP.
Old 21st May 2011, 13:02   #1300
BHPian

See this is the only problem in the new fiesta Inside seat side view

I think the new fiesta has probably the least leg room in this segment, although shouldn't say anything until I sit in the car. But all the international sedan reviews so far have said the same thing. If you move the drivers seat to comfort level (specially tall drivers) a 6 footer will not be able to sit in the back of that seat comfortably.

Team-BHP Support: Do not share external picture links. Please post the picture directly on TBHP.

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd May 2011 at 17:33.
Old 21st May 2011, 18:46   #1301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Mustang--it is nice to know that Ford is continually opening more service and sales outlets.

OT--Odisha Ford in Cuttack? My God, Cuttack was devoid of a Ford dealer since 1952, when Nehru imposed steep duties on imported cars, in order to promote indigenously made cars like the Amby. My grandpa was a Ford dealer from 1930s till then for entire Orissa and north AP.
That is an interesting piece of history that i will keep in mind. Thanks for sharing
Old 21st May 2011, 19:40   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The previous Verna too had VGT, it reduces the turbo lag but doesn't eliminate it completely. Also the Verna is definitely a screamer in the straights, but that is when you use the gears and avoid the turbo lag I was telling that the drivability is much better in the Fiesta than in the Verna. Even the Vento has very good drivability.
I would agree with you Aravind , a VGT does not add anything significant to the rate of acceleration - found this pretty useful article , thought I would share it here
Effects of Variable Geometry Turbochargers in Increasing Efficiency and Reducing Lag - Thermal Systems . As far as I am aware and whatever I saw from the reviews on ANHV , its definitely not a screamer ( while the old Verna was) . The engine and the gear ratio has been tuned to max efficiency and bring about a linearity in the acceleration curve which also means less turbo lag too , smoother engine performance but with subdued performance character.

Coming back to Ford Fiesta, its always been a great handler - looking forward to the new launch . We need good options and one more option loaded with features should be great news for all of us here ! Hopefully in the madness for fuel efficiency they do not denude the engine off its character and detune its sprightlyness . I still have great memories of the Ford ikon 1.6 lts , josh machine - what a car it was !
Old 22nd May 2011, 14:18   #1303
Senior - BHPian

The Ikon was a fantastic handling car, a true josh machine! But when Ford launched the Fiesta, I remember magazines reporting that the Fiesta was a fun car to drive too, but it was just not as direct or raw as the Ikon used to be, it felt smoother and relatively less responsive, it was the best handler in the segment never the less. But with magazines now reporting that the new Fiesta is much more fun than the Fiesta Classic, I think the glory days will be back! Hurray !

Last edited by aravind.anand : 22nd May 2011 at 14:20.
Old 23rd May 2011, 06:51   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Mustang.101, We are getting closer to the launch dates. Is the spare wheel of alloy in the top end? What are the color options? Red color looks hot. Any additional info?
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford.jpg  

Last edited by Surprise : 23rd May 2011 at 06:54.
Old 23rd May 2011, 07:27   #1305
Senior - BHPian

With the launch dates getting closer and closer, Ford seems to be doing some final testing in a fleet of all-new Fiestas before putting it in the market. IIRC, the same happened with the Figo before its launch. Here is a group of Fiestas spotted in the NH45 (Chennai-Trichy Highway).

The new Fiesta is a head turner no doubt, more so in the unique-to-Ford 'Turquoise Blue' color that was loved so much in the previous Fiesta 1.6S. The trademark trapezoidal grille, the chrome-ringed foglamps, the sweeping headlights that extends well into the front fenders and the tipped-forward profile makes the car look aggressive and sporty. The rear though looks a bit bulbous and heavy because of the way in which the boot is integrated and the small taillights.

The Hyundai Verna has taken this segment by storm with many standard features on offer and Ford seems to be well-prepared with its own set of first-in-segment features for the Fiesta. The cruise control and voice-activated commands are touted to be the highlights of this car. As we all BHPians know, the rear passenger space seems to be the only negative aspect of this car compared to the competitors. Like all Fords, the ride and handling would surely be amongst the best in the segment.

Whatever it is, Ford should bring the Fiesta at the earliest to stop Hyundai from running away with the initial popularity and sales. Wake up Honda! After the Vento and the Verna, the all-new Fiesta will be out soon to spoil your 'City' party further.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-1.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-2.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-3.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-4.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-5.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-6.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-7.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford-fiesta-8.jpg  

arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed